Fractal Softworks Forum
July 19, 2018, 08:13:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Pirate Bases, Raids, and Objectives (06/12/18); In-dev patch notes for Starsector 0.9a (06/01/18);Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263]
  Print  
Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 533206 times)
Histidine
Admiral

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3930 on: June 19, 2018, 06:53:44 AM »

Quick question, because I'm not sure exactly how to do this: how does one make the small mini descriptions on the UI in the bottom-left of the screen during combat? I want a little thing to pop up as a consequence of activating a speed increase at high flux for a hullmod, but I'm unsure how.

Phase cloak uses this:

Code: (java)

protected Object STATUSKEY1 = new Object();
   protected Object STATUSKEY2 = new Object();
   protected Object STATUSKEY3 = new Object();
   protected Object STATUSKEY4 = new Object();

protected void maintainStatus(ShipAPI playerShip, State state, float effectLevel) {
      float level = effectLevel;
      float f = VULNERABLE_FRACTION;

ShipSystemAPI cloak = playerShip.getPhaseCloak();
      if (cloak == null) cloak = playerShip.getSystem();
      if (cloak == null) return;

if (level > f) {
//         Global.getCombatEngine().maintainStatusForPlayerShip(STATUSKEY1,
//               cloak.getSpecAPI().getIconSpriteName(), cloak.getDisplayName(), "can not be hit", false);
         Global.getCombatEngine().maintainStatusForPlayerShip(STATUSKEY2,
               cloak.getSpecAPI().getIconSpriteName(), cloak.getDisplayName(), "time flow altered", false);
      } else {
//         float INCOMING_DAMAGE_MULT = 0.25f;
//         float percent = (1f - INCOMING_DAMAGE_MULT) * getEffectLevel() * 100;
//         Global.getCombatEngine().maintainStatusForPlayerShip(STATUSKEY3,
//               spec.getIconSpriteName(), cloak.getDisplayName(), "damage mitigated by " + (int) percent + "%", false);
      }
   }

For a hullmod, use advance() instead of maintainStatus().

King Alfonzo
Captain

"the way you work is beyond bizarre"

View Profile Email
« Reply #3931 on: June 20, 2018, 04:24:09 AM »

Meso said the same thing. Got it working, thanks Histidine.

szilvasas
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #3932 on: July 09, 2018, 07:49:31 AM »

Hello people, greenhorn modder here(copypaster)

I'm working on a faction mod (corporation) and was wondering if it is possible to get the faction's capital to move once every 3-6 months to an another system. (Thinking about a smaller, mobile starbase)
noob_i_am
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: July 13, 2018, 03:22:03 AM »

Im a fan of ballistic weapons and such i love to see pretty fireworks, can someone suggest me a faction mod that, preferably, is working with Nexerelin and Dyna Sector that has a nice ballistic weapons for capital ships. From what i gather, most of the factions avalaible are focusing on energy weapons - i myself like to fly and own capitals with long range balistic weapons.

So anyone have an idea?
Snrasha
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: July 13, 2018, 09:16:23 PM »

Im a fan of ballistic weapons and such i love to see pretty fireworks, can someone suggest me a faction mod that, preferably, is working with Nexerelin and Dyna Sector that has a nice ballistic weapons for capital ships. From what i gather, most of the factions avalaible are focusing on energy weapons - i myself like to fly and own capitals with long range balistic weapons.

So anyone have an idea?

DiableAvionics have many large ballistic weapons ^^.

I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add Unique mission bounty on independant market/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Artefact
Two weird faction.

Sanguinary Anarchistic Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.
King Alfonzo
Captain

"the way you work is beyond bizarre"

View Profile Email
« Reply #3935 on: July 14, 2018, 08:07:56 PM »

Blackrock has the ADC Ironweaver, which is hilarious - it's a space shotgun. In a large mount. It's as amazing as you think it is. Also has a Ferrocannon which is one of the most satisfying point-and-eliminate weapons, and the Shard Megacannon, which is hands down one of the best large ballistics options if coupled with a dedicated Targeting core.

SCY has some interesting options, like a gun that can shoot around shields, or a gun that changes from explosive to kinetic the further it travels.

Templar has some hilarious options if you can stomach the flux and OP cost for them, like a gun that shoots straight through shields, ships, etc, and one that shoots essentially a mini-EMP generator like the omen's.

Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263]
  Print  

Jump to: