Fractal Softworks Forum
May 23, 2017, 11:53:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Starsector 0.8a is out (hotfix is up!) ; New blog post: Ship’s Log of Salvage Dave’s Final Mission (3/29/17)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226]
  Print  
Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 300663 times)
AxleMC131
Admiral

Amateur World-Builder

View Profile
« Reply #3375 on: May 22, 2017, 04:11:15 PM »

I want update some thing on wikipedia, but I have not idea for somethings:
Wing_data.csv:

Tag:
ex:"interceptor1, interceptor, low"

AttackRunRange is always more low than range, they attack always when ennemi is in the range?

Rarity: Chance on the market, no problem, I think.
Tier: For know, they change something on the game? (Or maybe just when you auto-fit?)

8/6/5/4%: Alex answer always to that, but for be sure, what is this?

@Snrasha,

The tags for fighter wings in wing_data.csv are used by the Autofit system. Usually, the first word is the fighter's primary role and how good it is, so "interceptor4" is a better interceptor than "interceptor3", which is better than "interceptor2" and so forth. The second word I believe is an alternative role. It may be the same as the first, or different. If different, it means the fighter can be used as something else if it really needs to be. The third word I believe is the tech level, so "low-tech", "midline", and "high-tech".

I think AttackRunRange is approximately how far out from a target fighters will open fire. This is important for bombers with torpedoes and such, to make sure the fighters get close enough to be most effective without getting destroyed by point defence.

Rarity is market chance, yes. As I was recently informed, it is a decimal multiplier of the normal spawn rate, so "0.1" means the item is 10 times rarer than a default rarity item. The smaller the number, the more rare the item is.

Tier is a more rough estimation of the item's tech level, although I believe the game treats this value differently to the "low/mid/high" bit in the "tags" column. From what I have gathered, Tier portrays where items can spawn in markets - you won't get really high-tech items spawning in the Jangala open market, for instance.

The last one I can never remember, but it has something to do with flux capacity. If you're in doubt, just set its value to the same as the ship's flux capacity.

"I ain't one to punch first, but if the mil' wants a piece of me tonight, then they're sure as hell gonna regret it in the morning!"
- Johnson "Johnny" Parker
SainnQ
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: Today at 03:56:34 AM »

Would anyone know what is required to see changes made to a fighter wing reflect themselves in the Campaign?

I decided to root around and make some basic changes to fighter wing resupply cost & fighters per wing, the game runs fine, until I move to the main system associated with the manufacturer of said fighter wings.

I get a Fatal Error 10
TrashMan
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: Today at 05:37:37 AM »

Question - I want to make a booster module. As in, attach a solid fuel rocket to your ship for a temporary speed boost. The idea is that it would give you +X speed for Y seconds in battle.

Making a hullmod to give extra speed it easy. But how to turn it off after Y seconds?
Snrasha
Captain

View Profile Email
« Reply #3378 on: Today at 05:47:40 AM »

Question - I want to make a booster module. As in, attach a solid fuel rocket to your ship for a temporary speed boost. The idea is that it would give you +X speed for Y seconds in battle.

Making a hullmod to give extra speed it easy. But how to turn it off after Y seconds?
private IntervalUtil time_off = new IntervalUtil(1,1);
public void advanceInCombat(ShipAPI ship, float amount){
  // Code for active the flag "active" and put more speed to ship
     if(active){
          time_off.advance(amount);
          if(time_off.intervalElapsed()){
            //Code for put per default the speed of the ship.
           // And put the flag active to false;
    }
 }
}
Maybe that? I am maybe on wrong.  Amount  per frame is between 0.017 and 0.023 so put more than that on the intervalutil.
For enable per a button the flag "active", I do not know, sorry.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:49:30 AM by Snrasha » Logged

I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.
"My best friend is your worst enemy" Snrasha, the looter.
Artefact v1.02 / Looters faction v1.53 Version 0.8a
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226]
  Print  

Jump to: