Fractal Softworks Forum
November 19, 2017, 04:14:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Economy & Outposts (9/19/17); Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246]
  Print  
Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 395715 times)
Alex
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #3675 on: November 11, 2017, 07:09:52 PM »

Hey everyone, I wanted to ask if there's an easy way to prevent all spawning when you start the game? The easiest way to mod the game to be a completely empty universe in a single system, with no jump points to hyperspace, etc.

I tried to search but I'm either bad at searching, or it's not outlined in a single place.

Thanks!

I *think* if you override these in settings.json, that should cover it:

"newGameCreationEntryPoint":"data.scripts.world.SectorGen",
"newGameSectorProcGen":"com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.SectorProcGen",

You'd also have to mod new game creation (in rules.csv) to start in hyperspace instead of in a system that no longer exists.

Morrokain
Captain

Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order

View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: November 13, 2017, 01:38:28 PM »

For this method: Global.getSector().getMemory().getFleet(key)

I'm wondering what the "key" references? Is it a memory key you can set with:

CampaignFleetAPI.getMemoryWithoutUpdate().set(key, object)

What I'm doing:
I'm trying to reference a CampaignFleetAPI (without a for loop to search the entire sector if possible) in order to invoke CampaignFleetAPI.getFlagship() and use the resulting FleetMemberAPI in visual.showFleetMemberInfo(FleetMemberAPI)

Ah, shoot nvm. Must be the same issue I had a while ago. The key is in the entity memory, and the script is checking global. Disregard  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:46:55 PM by Morrokain » Logged
Morrokain
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: November 16, 2017, 01:21:15 PM »

Ok lots of questions about this one.  Tongue

When setting up a custom BattleAPI for a battle with a specifically defined context, such as ESCAPE scenario with allies supporting your retreat, do you have to also define everything in the MissionDefinitionAPI and pass that as a parameter into BattleCreationPlugin alongside another defined BattleCreationContext?

How much does the engine do for me, and if the answer is nothing then how easy is it to define those classes? Orrr, the unlikely easy way? :

As long as they are nearby in the LocationAPI, can I just get the CampaignFleetAPI's for all involved and plug them in to the BattleAPI.join(CampaignFleetAPI) boolean then make a few tweaks to who's supporting who?

If it's anything like how the tutorial scripting works, it'll be a pretty big hierarchy I'm guessing.  Grin
Alex
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: November 16, 2017, 01:30:38 PM »

If I'm understanding the question right, I'd suggest taking a look at FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java - it sets up a battle, pulls in nearby fleets, etc.
Morrokain
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: November 16, 2017, 01:56:26 PM »

Yes, wow there is a whole lot of detail in that file.  Thank you!
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246]
  Print  

Jump to: