Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 710

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1719655 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #6930 on: December 21, 2020, 03:25:31 PM »

Are custom highlight colors supported in the customPrimary and customAncillary columns of the weapon data csv? If so, what is the syntax/is there an example?

I was told Approlight has some custom highlights but, ah, it's not in my language.  ;D

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: December 21, 2020, 04:27:34 PM »

Custom colors aren't supported there, sorry!

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: December 21, 2020, 04:33:39 PM »

Custom colors aren't supported there, sorry!

Oh well, it's not a big deal. The standard HL is good enough for what I'm doing. Thanks!

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: December 23, 2020, 02:30:48 PM »

So I'm doing this:

SectorThemeGenerator.generators.add(1, new JunkPiratesAnarchistThemeGenerator());

In my mods generator file.

All is good, and it's working great. At least first time round.

Except I'm trying to build a statistical picture of how my generator is working, and I am finding that every time I create a new sector (without physically exiting the game) I get a new generator added on top of the one I added last game (and statistically the same additional new amount of worlds etc. added until I am effectively saturating all candidate worlds within the sector after about ... say ... 6-8 new games without physically exiting the game).

So why doesn't it flush out my generator between games, while the game is still open? What have I missed? Can I do that, selectively? Or is there a sensible check I could put in at this stage of generation to determine if the collection on generators has one of my types of generators in it - and therefore not add it? (Anything I've tried so far hasn't had the desired effect ...)

Any help is appreciated on this one, hope that makes sense!

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: December 23, 2020, 02:53:30 PM »

Basically SectorThemeGenerator.generators is a static and the best way to think of adding something to it is as of making a configuration change (as in, "the set of theme generators is now this"), not as part of generating a new Sector. What you want to do is add your theme generator in your ModPlugin's onApplicationLoad() method.

Also, of note: since the generator will persist across multiple games and is not reset in any way, it's important not to store references to *anything* in the created Sector in its data members. In fact, really, any data members in your theme generator class are a potential red flag/issue.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: December 23, 2020, 03:05:15 PM »

Thank you!

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Haka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: December 26, 2020, 01:35:19 AM »

Is it possible to somehow cause fighters to return to the ship with a toggleable ship system that uses regular fighter launch bays, in other words not a drone launcher system?

Think basically of a Battlecarrier that leans more towards a pure carrier but the system calls all its wings back in and gives buffs to put it more inline with a Battlecruiser/ship.

Also, is there a way to use a shipsystem to change a ship's shield type for a shipsystems duration/while toggled ON?
For instance, take a ship with say 160° OMNI shields, then when the system is switched on part of it locks the shield to the front in a 90°/120°/small arc.

There's more to these systems than what I have listed, simple stuff like weapon buffs, weapon shutdown via 10000% flux cost, copying Manuvering Jets and reducing the buff, etc. My coding is SUPER rusty and basic logic and repurposing other code is about my depth at the moment. Those parts i've figured out and gotten to work in game using MutableShipStatsAPI, but the others I am not sure which Interfaces or Classes I can call in the java file and have it work, if possible at all.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 01:36:52 AM by Haka »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: December 26, 2020, 10:39:42 AM »

For the fighters, this seems like it'd be doable, but with some scripting. You'd want to, probably, do something like what the Astral's Recall Device does, and then prevent the fighters from re-launching somehow - probably by setting the fighter replacement rate really high temporarily, or some such. And then undoing the change.

For shields, the AI wouldn't become aware of the shield type changing, so I don't think it'd work. It might just crash it, actually.

Haka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: December 26, 2020, 01:00:45 PM »

You'd want to, probably, do something like what the Astral's Recall Device does, and then prevent the fighters from re-launching somehow
For some reason I totally forgot that existed while trying all of this. I'll give it a shot, Thanks!

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: December 26, 2020, 01:11:42 PM »

Is there a way to hide a fighter wing in the Codex? The HIDE_IN_CODEX tag doesn't work like it does for ships.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: December 26, 2020, 02:42:39 PM »

Hmm - pretty sure that HIDE_IN_CODEX on the fighter's entry in ship_data.csv should do the job. If not, it definitely will in the next release.

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: December 30, 2020, 12:48:23 AM »

Is there any way to detect the generation of an officer?
I want to add a Memory data to the specific officers that generated in markets.
My mods

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: December 30, 2020, 10:25:54 AM »

There isn't any event for that, no. Hmm. I think the best you could do would be to add a Tags.MARKET_NO_OFFICER_SPAWN tag to the market and spawn the officers there from your own code.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6943 on: December 30, 2020, 03:34:27 PM »

Standard markets are in economy group 0, correct?

The assumption is that Global.getSector().getEconomy().getMarketsInGroup("0"); should get me all the non-special/hidden markets so I can iterate over all of them.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: December 30, 2020, 03:38:43 PM »

It's null, not "0".
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 710