Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 710

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1719308 times)

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #5190 on: September 24, 2019, 07:51:54 PM »

How do i make my ships show up in the main menu? (not the codex, i mean in the main menu background randomly flying)
Check out my ships

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: September 24, 2019, 09:03:20 PM »

How do i make my ships show up in the main menu? (not the codex, i mean in the main menu background randomly flying)

data/config/title_screen_variants.csv is the file that handles this.

The entries are .variant file ids.

P.S: Note that the file merges so if you want to completely replace the background ships you would have to add the file from your mod in the replace array section of the mod_info file.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 09:04:57 PM by Morrokain »

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: September 25, 2019, 12:21:52 AM »

Phase vessels are very unwilling to use strike weapons in general.

Eating my words a little here, but I want to say this only seems truly noticeable on a one-vs-one situation with the AI. I have tried a few fleet simulations with my phase ship faction and the flanking/numerical superiority factor is key towards making the AI more aggressive and therefore more overwhelming.

I gave the phase battleship the Phase Jumper (displacer) ship system and it seemed to make the vessel much more willing to use STRIKE tag weapons in a fleet scenario. That simple change makes the battleship scarier in a fleet setting and the only faction I have beat it with so far is Tri-Tachyon with both a Fire Support Paragon battleship and Strike Astral carrier to keep it at bay.

Mobility seems to be the number one factor in this case and that makes sense to me. Adding the mobility of the Phase Jumper allows the battleship to choose its strike and defensive retreat more carefully rather than relying on phase to avoid damage. It can phase in and unleash full strike potential up until it needs to jump away and does so admirably under AI control.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: September 25, 2019, 05:35:49 AM »

P.S: Note that the file merges so if you want to completely replace the background ships you would have to add the file from your mod in the replace array section of the mod_info file.

Thanks!
Check out my ships

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: September 25, 2019, 06:45:13 AM »

It worked, but there is a small problem, modular ships appear without the modules, even with the modules showing up in the codex, is there a way to fix this?
Check out my ships

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5195 on: September 25, 2019, 06:47:30 AM »

Idle question: How is the quality of ships the player manufactures for their own use calculated? Does it use the quality of the gathering point market?

The specific case was: I had a player character with no colonies, set Hegemony's Tigra City to player-owned (market.setPlayerOwned(true)), and built a heavy industry on it, then made some ships. None of the ships had D-mods, regardless of whether I had only the base Heavy Industry or an Orbital Works with pristine nanoforge.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: September 25, 2019, 09:10:41 AM »

It worked, but there is a small problem, modular ships appear without the modules, even with the modules showing up in the codex, is there a way to fix this?

Ah, that looks like a bug; fixed it up just now. There's *probably* a way to script around it but it would be fairly involved.

Idle question: How is the quality of ships the player manufactures for their own use calculated? Does it use the quality of the gathering point market?

The specific case was: I had a player character with no colonies, set Hegemony's Tigra City to player-owned (market.setPlayerOwned(true)), and built a heavy industry on it, then made some ships. None of the ships had D-mods, regardless of whether I had only the base Heavy Industry or an Orbital Works with pristine nanoforge.

Per CoreScript.doCustomProduction(), it looks for the highest production quality at a player-owned market, and then assumes that the ship quality doctrine setting is maxed (since the player would otherwise need to game it by maxing it prior to the end of the month).

Code
float quality = 0f;
for (MarketAPI market : Global.getSector().getEconomy().getMarketsCopy()) {
if (!market.isPlayerOwned()) continue;
quality = Math.max(quality, ShipQuality.getShipQuality(market, Factions.PLAYER));
}
quality -= Global.getSector().getFaction(Factions.PLAYER).getDoctrine().getShipQualityContribution();
quality += 4f * Global.getSettings().getFloat("doctrineFleetQualityPerPoint");

Note that the production quality at the market - via ShipQuality.getShipQuality(market, Factions.PLAYER) - does consider what faction the production is for, meaning the player's and not the market faction's ship quality doctrine gets used, and the consequently cancelled out and replaced with the maxed ship quality doctrine bonus.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: September 25, 2019, 10:28:55 AM »

Thanks Alex, will the fix be up next release or is it up already?
Check out my ships

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: September 25, 2019, 11:39:08 AM »

Next release, sorry!

MeinGott

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: September 25, 2019, 01:39:41 PM »

Is it possible to make a script that reads through all loaded entities, namely weapons, checks for a certain parameter (if its a missile weapon), then for those weapons adds/edits calculated values (reload time and amount based on burst size). I like the idea of very slowly replenishing missiles, and editing individual mods after each update doesnt seem plausible.
I didnt make any mods for starsector yet, this question is my feasibility study.
thanks

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: September 25, 2019, 01:41:34 PM »

Simple answer:  sure.  You can manually replenish ammo for missile weapons via script.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: September 25, 2019, 02:02:09 PM »

Next release, sorry!
No prob

Also is it possible to make a hullmod that changes core aspects of weapons slots? I wanna make a series of hullmods that converts energy -> missile -> ballistic or changes a medium weapon slot of specific type into smaller, but universal turrets.
Check out my ships

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: September 25, 2019, 08:28:59 PM »

Help here please, i have been trying to make a custom defensive system, but i can't get it to work, as soon as i press the right click it plays the activation sound, but nothing happens, here the
system
Code
"id":"wurg_emp",
    "type":"STAT_MOD",
    "aiType":"CUSTOM",

"aiScript":"data.scripts.shipsystems.ai.WurgEmpAI",

"statsScript":"data.scripts.shipsystems.WurgEmpStats",

"phaseHighlight":"_glow1",
    "phaseDiffuse":"_glow2",

"effectColor1":[255,255,255,145],
"effectColor2":[255,255,255,180],

"useSound":"system_phase_cloak_activate",
    "outOfUsesSound":"system_phase_cloak_deactivate",

-edit-
Found the problem, the type must be "PHASE_CLOAK" instead of "CUSTOM"

Now i just need to figure out a way to make the system easy to disable... the problem is that I am using a modular ship and type:PHASE_CLOAK systems cannot be disabled in ships with modules without venting
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 08:47:29 PM by Ed »
Check out my ships

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: September 25, 2019, 09:05:31 PM »

By the way, does anyone know how to mimic the cool glow effect of phase cloak? I have the glow sprites ready, but i don't know how to do it in the script.
Check out my ships

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: September 26, 2019, 02:38:05 AM »

Is it possible to add custom blueprints?

EDIT: Believe I worked it out. I hope :P

EDIT 2: Are the [REDACTED] Fighters hardcoded to not be buildable by the player?
I added a blueprint for them, they're listed on it, but upon learning it, they're not listed.

EDIT 3: Ah, I added them as ships, not fighters.
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 710