Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 706

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1700720 times)

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #4980 on: September 05, 2019, 09:57:06 AM »

How could i make a ship system be usable in Phase and also force the ship out of phase? I got a glitch on my ship, it is a phase ship with a module that adds shields, and i can't manually end the phase while the module is active, so i want to make the ship system force the ship out of phase while giving a speed boost (based on plasma burn)

I tried adding "canUseWhileRightClickSystemOn":true, to the .system file, but it glitches the effect.
Check out my ships

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: September 05, 2019, 12:43:47 PM »

I don't know if there's a way to do it without java, but have you tried using ship.getPhaseCloak().deactivate()?

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: September 05, 2019, 01:10:56 PM »

I don't know if there's a way to do it without java, but have you tried using ship.getPhaseCloak().deactivate()?
Not yet because first i need to have the System work while phased, then i will try to figure out how to make it force the ship out of phase.
Check out my ships

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: September 05, 2019, 01:49:08 PM »

Gotcha. The Doom's mine system works while phased, so it should be possible, but as far as I can tell the only thing different about it is "canUseWhileRightClickSystemOn":true, which you've already tried. My guess is that there's some difference between your ship system and mine strike that's preventing canUseWhileRightClickSystemOn from working properly.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: September 05, 2019, 01:58:04 PM »

Gotcha. The Doom's mine system works while phased, so it should be possible, but as far as I can tell the only thing different about it is "canUseWhileRightClickSystemOn":true, which you've already tried. My guess is that there's some difference between your ship system and mine strike that's preventing canUseWhileRightClickSystemOn from working properly.
Yeah, maybe i could try to change the system into something else compatible with canUseWhileRightClickSystemOn, but i gotta figure out what exactly and pray it works later...
Check out my ships

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: September 05, 2019, 05:42:20 PM »

If i am getting errors like "Cannot determine simple type name "Color"" when importing java.awt.Color; does it mean i have to compile the scripts i am making? I never worked with scripting this way, so I am not sure why this stuff is not working.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 06:37:19 PM by Ed »
Check out my ships

NBGO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: September 06, 2019, 01:39:16 AM »

So I want to edit certain mod's Hull Mods, mostly the ones that say "Requires a ship from [Mod]" and/or to edit the values within them.

Im looking into these Intelli whatever tutorials and it seems extremely complicated when I need to just edit one value in one (java) file.
Is there any way to do this much easier or would I have to look more into actual modding and compiling?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4987 on: September 06, 2019, 04:55:33 AM »

Ah! In your default_ship_roles, you've got:

"test_paragon":5,

The key needs to be the various variants, not the hull id.

This one's my bad, just forgot when copy pasting. Here's the mod updated (still not working)
Just noticed the problem: the folder needs to be data/world, not data/worlds

(once you've done that, it'll crash on start because the shipsWhenImporting tables are incorrectly specified. Should have the hulls/tags structure, e.g.: )
Code: json
  "shipsWhenImporting":{
"hulls":[
      "test_paragon",
    ],
  },

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: September 08, 2019, 09:15:51 AM »

Alex, it might be time to sticky this.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Enganacious

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: September 09, 2019, 07:44:56 PM »

I don't suppose anyone does like mod commissions?

I really just want a custom Aurora that replaces the 4x small synergy mounts in front with four flux shunt cannons off the Excelsior (SWP by Dark Rev) with the rest of the mounts made universal, and the max ordinance points largely increased. Maybe that and a dark red/purple paintjob.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: September 09, 2019, 07:49:32 PM »

That should be a pretty easy thing to do (other than the paintjob) with SSEd.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: September 09, 2019, 07:53:07 PM »

I don't suppose anyone does like mod commissions?

I really just want a custom Aurora that replaces the 4x small synergy mounts in front with four flux shunt cannons off the Excelsior (SWP by Dark Rev) with the rest of the mounts made universal, and the max ordinance points largely increased. Maybe that and a dark red/purple paintjob.

This might be, ah, relevant to your interests:

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16343.0

Enganacious

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: September 09, 2019, 07:55:39 PM »

I haven't the slightest as to how I'd yoink the flux shunt cannons from SWP into either some sort of fuddy-duddy built in weapon on the Aurora. Even the more simplistic thing of modding an existing weapon sprite to that leaves out the animations, stats, etc..

Also I just saw that Alex, if it included the rest of the ship money, I'd be posting the ubiquitous Fry meme.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: September 10, 2019, 11:18:09 AM »

I have a ship with a Module that has it's own shields & fortress shield system, my problem with it is that the module keeps the shield on with fortress shield up even when it could be safely venting behind the main ship's shields until both the module and the main ship are full of flux, i would like to alter the AI on the module so it follow 2 rules:

1. Do not use fortress shield if the main ship's defensive system (shield or phase) is up

2. If the main ship defensive system is up and the main ship has less than 35% flux and the module has more than 50% flux, do vent

I know how to write the code for those rules, but i don't know where to put it, i have no idea how to override/add more rules to the AI.
Check out my ships

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: September 10, 2019, 12:33:44 PM »

Take a look at fastmissileracks.system. The relevant lines are commented out, but you should still be able to define a custom AI script. I know it was possible at one point, but there's a chance the method used here is out of date or something.
Code
{
"id":"fastmissileracks",
"type":"FAST_RELOAD",
"aiType":"FAST_RELOAD",
#"aiType":"CUSTOM",
#"aiScript":"data.shipsystems.scripts.ai.FastMissileRacksAI",

"weaponTypes":[MISSILE],
"minFractionToReload":0.5,

"useSound":"system_fast_missile_racks",
"outOfUsesSound":"gun_out_of_ammo",
}