Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 710

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1720216 times)

Xerdies

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #4755 on: August 05, 2019, 11:04:46 PM »

Hey hey, quick question.

I would like to add one more commodity item. The item is already in the game but, as there is no way to create it nor a demand, I wanted to ask where I should look to build the "industry" for it - and how to entice the generator to build said new industry.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: August 05, 2019, 11:36:42 PM »

How would I go about increasing the maximum amount of random constellations and planets generated in the sector?
I already modified the sector's size and I am not sure if that makes a difference or not, but I would like to use a method that allows more fine tuning if at all possible.
Hey, welcome to the forums  :)
I'm not sure of a good place to look for something like that in vanilla files.
You might try looking at the files in "Starsector\mods\Blackrock Drive Yards\jars\src\data\scripts\world\blackrock", which are used to create two new star systems.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4018.0

I would like to add one more commodity item. The item is already in the game but, as there is no way to create it nor a demand, I wanted to ask where I should look to build the "industry" for it - and how to entice the generator to build said new industry.
Welcome to you as well!
Industries are defined in "\Starsector\starsector-core\data\campaign\industries.csv"
You can find the files used to designate which industries the vanilla worlds have (among other things) in "\Starsector\starsector-core\data\campaign\econ"

Xerdies

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: August 05, 2019, 11:37:56 PM »

Thank you so much <3

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: August 05, 2019, 11:46:34 PM »

No problem! I look forward to finding out what you're working on  :)

btw, the unofficial Starsector discord is a great place to get quick answers

Psinet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: August 06, 2019, 09:10:17 PM »

Hi, How would I go about adding/editing ui elements of the game. I want to add 4 more slots for industries on the colony info screen. If it too much work just point me in the right direction and I'll go at it till it doesn't work anymore. Thanks

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: August 06, 2019, 09:14:27 PM »

How would I go about increasing the maximum amount of random constellations and planets generated in the sector?
I already modified the sector's size and I am not sure if that makes a difference or not, but I would like to use a method that allows more fine tuning if at all possible.

That requires a bunch of coding - take a look at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.SectorProcGen, if you're so inclined. The source code is in starfarer.api.zip, but to actually get the game to use any changes you might make, you'd need to compile it (which involves setting up a dev environment) and point to your code from settings.json, via "newGameSectorProcGen".

Hi, How would I go about adding/editing ui elements of the game. I want to add 4 more slots for industries on the colony info screen. If it too much work just point me in the right direction and I'll go at it till it doesn't work anymore. Thanks

That's not actually possible, I'm afraid. (Well, you could do it by hacking the bytecode, but that's against the ToS, and it'd be... difficult.)

Psinet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: August 06, 2019, 09:29:00 PM »

That's not actually possible, I'm afraid. (Well, you could do it by hacking the bytecode, but that's against the ToS, and it'd be... difficult.)

Well that's disappointing, as confident I am in my computer skills programing was never my skill. Thanks for the quick response.

Alemismun

• Ensign
  • Im just some weeb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: August 07, 2019, 05:17:35 PM »

Thanks Alex for redirecting me here!

I have been following the guide over at the wiki;
I am trying to make a mod that adds (more) drones, sadly the wiki does not appear to cover that.
After a few hours of trying to no avail, I attempted to dissect other people's mods (I use no code, just look at how it works), but I came back empty-handed, except for a higher understanding of the file structure and the CVS files.

Needless to say, I have zero experience modding this game and I am thoroughly lost as to how to make a drone.

What steps should I take?
I got the required files to make it load in the game menu.
I have made the ships list (which contains the drone stats, or at least thats how I understand it)
And I have the sprites (though I was not able to figure out how to use the sprite editor, I downloaded the new sf-ship-ed.3.0.0-alpha-5 today, but had no chance of using it, will try it tomorrow)

Hopefully, my question is not to vexing. Thank you in advance.

Edit: Apparently my in-writing post got posted for some reason, I deleted it and posted this (the finished version) in its stead.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: August 07, 2019, 05:43:11 PM »

Roughly, you need:
1) the sprite
2) a .ship file, which defines the drone's hull - engine locations, weapon locations, bounds, etc
3) a .variant file, which defines a specific loadout for the drone - i.e. the actual weapons it uses
4) a .system file, which defines the system you'll be assigning to the ship that spawns the drone

... actually, what exactly do you mean by "drone"? A ship system that launches drones, or a drone fighter wing, like the Mining Drones or the Borer Drones?

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: August 07, 2019, 07:32:50 PM »

How do you add cargo to a market? I though the way to go would be the following, but after some debugging, there aren't actually any submarkets for whatever reason to add cargo to. The market itself was created via json file in data/campaign/econ

Code
// we start off with the MarketAPI "market"
SubmarketAPI submarket = market.getSubmarket("military"); // submarket is null and there are no submarkets as far as i can tell
submarket.getCargo().addWeapons("tachyonlance", 100);

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: August 07, 2019, 07:51:12 PM »

IIRC a market like that wouldn't have a military submarket unless it had a military base. You can add a submarket via market.addSubmarket(String id) (again, iirc - the method name could be slightly off, but I think that should be right).

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: August 07, 2019, 09:46:28 PM »

Based on the class below (which I happened to read for the first time today), I suspect "military" might not be the correct key for getting military submarkets.
Code
package com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.ids;

public class Submarkets {

public static final String GENERIC_MILITARY = "generic_military";

public static final String SUBMARKET_STORAGE = "storage";
public static final String SUBMARKET_OPEN = "open_market";
public static final String SUBMARKET_BLACK = "black_market";

public static final String LOCAL_RESOURCES = "local_resources";
}
Makes me wonder what type of future military submarket might not be generic.

TeaJay

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: August 08, 2019, 12:43:45 AM »

Not sure if this counts as a modding question, but is it possible to unlock the maximum amount of skills an officer has in the files somewhere? I've already increased the max level, but it seems they can't get more then the UI can hold. Don't mind if it clips trough the window or anything, I just want OP officers ^^

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: August 08, 2019, 02:02:46 AM »

Is there a simple way to change a faction's default station variant while still using the vanilla station?

Alemismun

• Ensign
  • Im just some weeb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: August 08, 2019, 05:19:41 AM »

Roughly, you need:
1) the sprite
2) a .ship file, which defines the drone's hull - engine locations, weapon locations, bounds, etc
3) a .variant file, which defines a specific loadout for the drone - i.e. the actual weapons it uses
4) a .system file, which defines the system you'll be assigning to the ship that spawns the drone

... actually, what exactly do you mean by "drone"? A ship system that launches drones, or a drone fighter wing, like the Mining Drones or the Borer Drones?

They were called drones on the files I inspected, but yeah, thats what I mean, like the Talon Interceptor Wing. Sorry I didnt make it clear enough.

Edit (Update more like): Iv been messing with the S&W editor and I have a few questions as to the usage.
I found that if you set it to "wing" edit mode, it lets you edit the CSV data of the wing fighter.

The data shown here is different from the one stored in ship_data.cvs.
Here is the code I got in ship_data.cvs, Its literally a Dassault-Mikoyan cvs with a few small changes (to see if it works, then do the actual changes once I see that it all loads)
Code
Standard Mech,INDM,,Here goes Tech/manu,,,75,25,300,,50,,,300,450,450,240,250,5,NONE,,0,0,0,,,0,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,
I believe I understand how this works, both CVS(es) use the ID to call upon each other when loading, but there is one tiny thing I dont understand, when im in wing mode, I cannot edit the bounds, infact, I cannot even load an image...

My guess is that I must create the CVS, then a hull and merge both manually into one single file, correct?

On a side note, I found https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13279.msg223716#msg223716, which I will look into when I have to edit the Jar, im guessing ill need it to actually spawn the wings into the game world; so it will come in handy.

On a side side note, this post might get a bit long, as I find stuff out and try new stuff I like to post about it; because theres nothing worse than trying to help someone and have them reply "oh well actually I already figured that out" or "Oh but I changed the method to this way so this is invalid"
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 05:57:34 AM by Alemismun »
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 710