Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 706

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1700633 times)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #4380 on: February 25, 2019, 09:47:14 PM »

Ah I see, well was worth a shot asking.

Anyways maybe someone else will have an idea for a new render layer that they could use. But at least as far as I can imagine things that one which is impossible would be the only one.

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: February 26, 2019, 12:21:43 AM »

YES
FINALLY

You cannot understand how glad I am this is finally becoming an option; I don't even mind how much work re-writing all render scripts to use this approach is gonna be, it's invaluable for rendering things in natural ways. Maybe most importantly, I can finally render non-additive effects without worrying about completely clipping off other effects.

MagicLib's trail plugin will be updated within a day or two max after the new patch, mark my words. If Tartiflette doesn't beat me to it, MagicRender will most likely get the same treatment

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4382 on: February 26, 2019, 04:43:56 AM »

Is there a way to tell if a ship has broken up on death, within the EveryFrameWeaponEffectPlugin of a weapon attached to the ship?

It seems that it takes many frames (up to 10 in my most recent test) between ShipAPI.isHulk() returning true and ShipAPI.isPiece() returning true, and by the time isPiece returns true the plugin's advance() method is no longer being called...
I'd ask the fleet manager, but I can't seem to get the FleetMemberAPI from the ShipAPI.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: February 26, 2019, 11:18:42 AM »

Yeah, no harm in asking - could see doing this as a separate thing at some point.

YES
FINALLY

You cannot understand how glad I am this is finally becoming an option; I don't even mind how much work re-writing all render scripts to use this approach is gonna be, it's invaluable for rendering things in natural ways. Maybe most importantly, I can finally render non-additive effects without worrying about completely clipping off other effects.

MagicLib's trail plugin will be updated within a day or two max after the new patch, mark my words. If Tartiflette doesn't beat me to it, MagicRender will most likely get the same treatment

Awesome! Really glad this is looking useful.

Is there a way to tell if a ship has broken up on death, within the EveryFrameWeaponEffectPlugin of a weapon attached to the ship?

It seems that it takes many frames (up to 10 in my most recent test) between ShipAPI.isHulk() returning true and ShipAPI.isPiece() returning true, and by the time isPiece returns true the plugin's advance() method is no longer being called...
I'd ask the fleet manager, but I can't seem to get the FleetMemberAPI from the ShipAPI.

This is actually tricky. What happens is when a ship breaks up, there's a ShipBreakingAnimation that starts, with the goal being to spread the computationally-expensive ship-splitting calculations over several frames. However, it's possible for an attempt to split the ship into pieces to fail, if it's unable to generate a valid set of pieces. Since that process involved randomness, it's... random whether a specific hull will successfully split or not; failures don't happen often but they do happen. I believe the ship would still be flagged as "destroyed" post-combat in this case, though.

Hmm - could you perhaps add a new script to the engine when the weapon detects the ship isHulk() and then wait a half second to see if it becomes a piece or not? Depends on what you actually need to do; let me know and I could probably add some more API support here.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: February 26, 2019, 01:20:27 PM »

Hi
No see nowhere, but with the new Inflater system, we got so many crash because of some error from modders. (Like me.)
But they crash on campaign, and sometimes, modders do not seems them.
While the inflater crash( the famous than you have see maybe everywhere), do not send any ID string of the culprit.

This is for know if you have added a log before the nullpointerexception for indicate what ship/wing/weapon caused the crash.
Just a line to add, but so much for everyone.

Thank you!
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: February 26, 2019, 01:35:22 PM »

Yes, I did this - the exception there should include the type and id of the thing that's missing. For example for fighters it should say:

Fighter wing with spec id [" + wingId + "] not found

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: February 26, 2019, 04:35:37 PM »

Yeah, no harm in asking - could see doing this as a separate thing at some point.

And for the reason Mesotronik pointed, I would greatly appreciate it ;). To be honest, I would also try and find more ways to abuse it, it's just too cool (in relation to all the render order stuff), to not do so.

Imagines several repeating sprites that go above the ship layers all across the map, and also similar, but darker and smaller, sprites on the background, with a planet in the middle, meanwhile 2 fleets battle between them.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: February 26, 2019, 04:42:47 PM »

Ohh, this would make a tiling "ground" type background possible, wouldn't it...

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: February 26, 2019, 09:28:52 PM »

Is there an easy way to have beams cause hard flux?

I haven't done this in my mod and I'm wondering if there is an example of that in unmodded starsector yet or if that has been added into the weapon file as a setting at all.

----
Can the plug-in parameters of the special_items.csv file be a comma separated list, or can it only accept one bp tag? Someone reported one of my bp packages as coming up empty and I'm wondering if that caused it.

Ohh, this would make a tiling "ground" type background possible, wouldn't it...

Hmm, that wasn't lost on me. That may have just made it more possible for me to mod in ground battles in the future. If so, I appreciate it! :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 09:43:56 PM by Morrokain »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: February 26, 2019, 09:42:12 PM »

Is there an easy way to have beams cause hard flux?

I haven't done this in my mod and I'm wondering if there is an example of that in unmodded starsector yet or if that has been added into the weapon file as a setting at all.

Not in vanilla, but I believe Tyrador has such a weapon. That'd be the place to look.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: February 27, 2019, 01:27:15 AM »

What exactly does a Faction or a Market set up for a Faction need to do to:

1.  Sell ships on the Open Market?
2.  Military Market?
3.  Not sell generic (D) junk on the Black Market, but use their own custom stuff?
4.  Create Patrols?

I have everything else working in EZ Faction again, but testing brought up these issues.  Can "fix" by writing my own script to create these things in the Markets / Systems, but I'd prefer to work within the Vanilla design here.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: February 27, 2019, 02:50:31 AM »

Right, the floating text would be above everything that's rendered using a CombatLayeredRenderingPlugin, but below target reticles, hull/flux bar indicators, and the rest of the UI. So floating text is separate - it's above the engine stuff, but below the UI.
Another question,     "showDamageWhenDecorative":true
the decorative weapon using this tag seems wired while damaged. Can there be a tag like "damageRenderedAbove", just making decal sprites rendered above the deco weapon?
My mods

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: February 27, 2019, 07:35:47 AM »

What is the relationship between a Beam's textureScrollSpeed and the Beam Speed in the CSV?  I'm seeing odd visuals where the Beam seems to take quite some time to fully "bloom", when the Beam Speed's 3000 and the textureScrollSpeed is 260 (the default).
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: February 27, 2019, 09:53:06 AM »

Speed 3000 beams should extend at 3000 speed, which while fast, isn't instant.

I don't think textureScrollSpeed is anything but graphical.
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: February 27, 2019, 10:48:37 AM »

Not in vanilla, but I believe Tyrador has such a weapon. That'd be the place to look.

Thanks, I wasn't sure where I had heard that was a weapon feature. I guess it will depend upon how resource intensive the script is.
-----------------------------------------------------

(Re-posting this because it was a later edit of the old post and come to think of it- was probably a bad idea and should have been a separate entry :P)

Can the plug-in parameters of the special_items.csv file be a comma separated list, or can it only accept one bp tag? Someone reported one of my bp packages as coming up empty and I'm wondering if that caused it.

Has anyone tried multiple tags with blueprint packages?
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 706