Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 706

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1700330 times)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #3150 on: April 24, 2017, 09:45:36 PM »

No problem.  :)

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: April 24, 2017, 10:50:07 PM »

Good catch, but thankfully that's only a typo here and not in the file. :D
[snip]

are you just talking about the built in wings line you commented out? If so, that stuff uses square bracket instead of squiggly bracket, might be worth giving that a shot
mmm.... tartiflette

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: April 25, 2017, 12:09:15 AM »

That just causes Starsector to throw a syntax error, which is why I went to brace brackets to mimic the arrays for builtinweapons. With the brace brackets it at least reads the syntax, but it gives me the error I initially posted that builtinwings isn't an array, I suppose it's set-up to just be a single value but I don't know how to change that.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: April 25, 2017, 03:11:42 AM »

Where has the skill number/stat/percentage editing been moved? If I can't give myself hundreds of OP points then I just can't play the game. The skill_data.csv file I know of no longer has those numbers to edit in the new version of the game and I can't find it anywhere, I already dug into the starfarer.api.zip and in ShipDesign.java I found this: public static final float OP_BONUS = 10f; So I thought this would change it: public static final float OP_BONUS = 80f; ...but nope, it still has the plus 10% to ordnance points in-game.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:15:35 AM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: April 25, 2017, 03:40:16 AM »

How would I go about making fighters show up in the market? I figured I had it solved but it seems not when I got some feedback on it, I had the worlds folder set up with the factions and what not but it didnt work at the time so I removed it, I assume thats needed though?

OzOnyx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: April 25, 2017, 04:16:30 AM »

Where has the skill number/stat/percentage editing been moved? If I can't give myself hundreds of OP points then I just can't play the game. The skill_data.csv file I know of no longer has those numbers to edit in the new version of the game and I can't find it anywhere, I already dug into the starfarer.api.zip and in ShipDesign.java I found this: public static final float OP_BONUS = 10f; So I thought this would change it: public static final float OP_BONUS = 80f; ...but nope, it still has the plus 10% to ordnance points in-game.

You could just grab the console commands and add op etc...

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: April 25, 2017, 04:23:10 AM »

Some of the changes in the files seem downright ***. Pointless redundancy.

Especially the tags.
A weapon already has it's type and range defined, and has a PD hint - why the hell does it need to have all those stuff repeated again in the tags?
"pd6, kinetic3, SR"

Why not read all that data from the weapon data itself?

Similar for wings.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3157 on: April 25, 2017, 05:00:16 AM »

Fatal: JSONObject["buildInWings"] is not a JSONArray.
Well, crap, I spent like 10 minutes trying to get the syntax right only for Starfarer to throw this at me. :D

So, is it possible to have multiple built-in wings? I'm only just now realizing there are no ships in Vanilla that have multiple built-in wings so... hoping that's not the case.

NEIN:
Code: json
"builtInWings": {
   "LB 1": "svolbergtdi_wing",
   "LB 1": "svolbergtdi_rapid",
   "LB 1": "svolbergtdi_missile",
},
JA:
Code: json
"builtInWings": ["svolbergtdi_wing","svolbergtdi_rapid","svolbergtdi_missile"],
(To understand why, read up on the difference between JSON arrays and JSON objects)

How would I go about making fighters show up in the market? I figured I had it solved but it seems not when I got some feedback on it, I had the worlds folder set up with the factions and what not but it didnt work at the time so I removed it, I assume thats needed though?
You need a .faction file for ships/wings to appear in markets, yeah.
(For fighters in particular, I think the faction owning the market need some carrier variants that carry said fighters as wings defined in their .faction file, for the LPCs to appear in the store)

Especially the tags.
A weapon already has it's type and range defined, and has a PD hint - why the hell does it need to have all those stuff repeated again in the tags?
"pd6, kinetic3, SR"

Similar for wings.
The tags are used for the autofitter. The number specifies how good the weapon is at that role.

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: April 25, 2017, 05:05:02 AM »

(For fighters in particular, I think the faction owning the market need some carrier variants that carry said fighters as wings defined in their .faction file, for the LPCs to appear in the store)

So basically if I want it available to all carriers would I have to add in variants of all of them, and basically just create the variant files then add those to the faction files right?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: April 25, 2017, 05:06:22 AM »

Actually I don't believe this is the case. My mod The Silent Armada doesn't have a new faction, or even any ships operated by existing factions, yet the fighter LPCs will still spawn in markets.

They literally should just spawn. If they don't seem to be, try dropping the tier or rarity down a few notches. When the sector generates, markets tend to stock only weapons and other equipment (fighter LPCs included) of a tech level of 0 or 1.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: April 25, 2017, 05:18:01 AM »

Ah, excellent, Histidine! Thank you very much, I had attempted to construct the proper sequence but I just didn't do it correctly. Thank you for the explanatory links as well, that is useful information and I'll look more into the site itself later. Schönen tag!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 05:29:36 AM by WKOB »

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: April 25, 2017, 05:37:36 AM »

You could just grab the console commands and add op etc...

I already tried that when I was testing if it works or not and it doesn't, just does bugger all and crashes the game which is due to the fact that console commands is not updated yet,  and yes I already have the newest LazyLib in my mod folder.

My gripe is the fact that I don't know where I can find and alter the skill bonuses in the new game version.

EDIT: I should've mentioned that I'm having this problem only with the newest 0.8a version of the game.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 05:42:11 AM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: April 25, 2017, 06:02:06 AM »

Especially the tags.
"pd6, kinetic3, SR"

Similar for wings.

Because it would take years to make the massive sorting program you'd need to perfectly asses the power of every single weapons only from their stats, and even then it wouldn't work because some have scripted damage.
Tags are simple, done in 5min for a whole mod, and they are user defined to avoid any issue.

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: April 25, 2017, 06:02:49 AM »

Actually I don't believe this is the case. My mod The Silent Armada doesn't have a new faction, or even any ships operated by existing factions, yet the fighter LPCs will still spawn in markets.

They literally should just spawn. If they don't seem to be, try dropping the tier or rarity down a few notches. When the sector generates, markets tend to stock only weapons and other equipment (fighter LPCs included) of a tech level of 0 or 1.

That seemed to fix it, thanks for the help

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: April 25, 2017, 06:04:23 AM »

Tags are simple, done in 5min for a whole mod, and they are user defined to avoid any issue.
Out of curiosity, are these tags explained somewhere or do I just need to get smart and work it out? :D
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 706