Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 710

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1720610 times)

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #2340 on: July 11, 2015, 07:51:34 AM »

It has probably been discussed already, but I didn't manage to find what I need to know:
How do fighter config values like refit and carrier decks work? For a long time I thought that 'refit' is number of 'backup' fighters that will launch if one of the original wing members gets destroyed. But I've just made a fighter wing with num=2 and refit=2. I tested it in a mission with a carrier (2 large launch bays). I had to kill 14 (!) these fighters before the it was stated that 'XXX wing has no more replacement craft available'. How does that work?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2341 on: July 13, 2015, 07:50:55 AM »

It has probably been discussed already, but I didn't manage to find what I need to know:
How do fighter config values like refit and carrier decks work? For a long time I thought that 'refit' is number of 'backup' fighters that will launch if one of the original wing members gets destroyed. But I've just made a fighter wing with num=2 and refit=2. I tested it in a mission with a carrier (2 large launch bays). I had to kill 14 (!) these fighters before the it was stated that 'XXX wing has no more replacement craft available'. How does that work?
I'm guessing "refit" is the base amount of time it takes for a carrier to rearm/repair or replace a fighter.

Number of replacement fighters is controlled entirely by Combat Readiness; specifically, each fighter (including replacements spawned in combat) deducts CR to deploy (as specified in ship_data.csv) from the wing's current CR.

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: July 13, 2015, 11:33:10 AM »

Ah, I see now. I've been oblivious to that for so long =)
Now everything makes sense, thank you!

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2343 on: July 18, 2015, 09:24:59 AM »

Suppose I wanted to make certain modifications patrol fleet behavior (e.g. making fleet size and/or spawn frequency dependent on economic characteristics of the origin market). What would be a good way to go about doing this? (Is overriding CoreScript a good idea?)

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: July 28, 2015, 06:59:26 AM »

There are two ship upgrades i want to implement in a mod:

Spoiler

High-tech Systems
Thanks to the newest achievements in miniaturization and automation this ship gains small boost to all stats, has more space for other upgrades and lower maintenance cost, but in case of damage it's systems are easier to replace than to repair. Latest smart management and optimization subroutines decrease skeleton crew requirements and allow the ship to be operated effectively by staff with only basic training. The designed lack of flexibility however, combined with numerous documentation and DRM related issues results in serious performance decrease with experienced crew. Also safety protocol enforcement policies, while successful in protecting lives, prevent various dangerous overrides, that generally increase ship survivability in combat.

Stats:
-5/-10/-15/-20 space
+3% to all main specs
-5% maintenance cost
+10% Repair time
-10% minimum crew
10% less fatalities
+10/+10/-10/-30 to crew CR bonus
5% more damage taken
-10% Chance to recover if disabled

[close]

Spoiler

Lo-tech Systems
Using only well known designs, that proved their effectiveness with ages of fateful service this ship's systems are somehow bulky, slightly less effective and harder to maintain. Inexperienced crew is often clueless facing them and tends to greatly underestimate their usability. In hands of a pro however such systems are easily tuned, achieving performance that goes above and beyond the boundaries of their specs. There are various popular safety overrides, known to improve survivability of ships with such systems in combat, trough if things turn bad some of them may be deadly for crew members that implement them. Lo-tech systems are also easy to repair and there are quite a few cases where seemingly destroyed ships had their basic functionality field-restored 'with just copper wire and plastic band' as techs love to say.

Stats:
5/10/15/20 space
-3% to all main specs
+10% maintenance cost
-10% Repair time
+5% minimum crew
5% more fatalities
-20/-10/+10/+10 to crew CR bonus
5% less damage taken
+10% Chance to recover if disabled

[close]

Stats are not final and may change for balance purposes trough they look to me quite realistic (from today's point of view at least).

My question:

Is it possible to manipulate crew type CR bonuses and disabled ship post-combat recovery chance with a subsystem, on per ship basis. If there it is - how?

Without at least CR manipulation both systems are meaningless.

Be aware, i have no Java programming experience. In many cases i can figure the logic in existing code and make modifications in it, but am far from being able to write one on my own.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 07:12:02 AM by DinoZavarski »
Me no know, me no understand, me just root...

Lcu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: August 07, 2015, 03:42:45 AM »

What are the quality and hyperdrive entry in the wing_data.csv for?
Spoiler
Ctrl+F, type 6
[close]

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: August 07, 2015, 04:02:49 AM »

Hyperdrive is unused and is safe to leave blank.

Quality I also believe is unused and is simply a quick reference that Alex added that is matched to the actual fighter variant quality in the .variant file. Just to be safe I would do the same :)

Lcu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: August 07, 2015, 04:10:04 AM »

Thanks.
Spoiler
Ctrl+F, type 6
[close]

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: August 09, 2015, 06:18:57 PM »

I'm spawning a whole bunch of fighter wings and then killing them instantly.

Is there a way to suppress the "Incoming vessels: ..." and "... Wing has no more combat-capable craft remaining" messages, and keep them from appearing?

Nevermind that, using a different method now. But while we're at it, how do you add ship status messages like "SHIELDS DISABLED" to the players display (like from a system)?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 07:44:13 PM by kazi »

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: August 21, 2015, 10:34:02 AM »

How would I go about making a hullmod that doubles shield efficiency but causes hull damage when the shield takes a hit? Is this sort of thing even possible?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: August 21, 2015, 10:56:01 AM »

That's rather easy with a small twist: the only way to gain hard flux is to take damage on the shield. Then it's a piece of cake to translate that to a hull reduction. Soft flux damage however would be more difficult to asses.

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: August 21, 2015, 01:29:28 PM »

Thanks for the help. I'll have to think about how to get beams working though...

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: August 21, 2015, 02:27:24 PM »

I just realized I don't know how to apply hull damage. Everything else is working, but I can't find any way to apply hull damage.  :-\

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 02:54:49 PM by Xanderzoo »

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: August 24, 2015, 07:14:22 AM »

I know you can remove mounts with ship skins, but can you add them?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: August 24, 2015, 07:25:47 AM »

simple: you can't. Skins really are not that usefull, you can't do much modification, and the variants aren't compatibles.

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 710