Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 710

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1727175 times)

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #4245 on: January 27, 2019, 07:08:03 AM »

Thanks for the answer. I'll leave that as a "nice to have", then :)
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Managers: SMOL & TriOS | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4246 on: January 28, 2019, 04:26:56 AM »

Is there a way to imitate the effects of devmode's F1 in combat (enable/disable AI for selected ship on tactical map)? I can give the ship a ShipAI with blank methods and tell it to hold fire, but it does some undesirable stuff like aiming weapons at the player.

Is there a combat API method to stop asteroids from spawning (specifically in simulator)?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: January 28, 2019, 09:37:24 AM »

Is there a way to imitate the effects of devmode's F1 in combat (enable/disable AI for selected ship on tactical map)? I can give the ship a ShipAI with blank methods and tell it to hold fire, but it does some undesirable stuff like aiming weapons at the player.

The things F1 does in addition to what you're already doing is setting the velocity to 0, and calling .toggleOff() on every weapon group.

Is there a combat API method to stop asteroids from spawning (specifically in simulator)?

I don't believe so.

Kolt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: January 30, 2019, 09:28:33 PM »

My mod isn't showing in the mod list, what can I do to fix this?

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: January 30, 2019, 09:47:26 PM »

What does your mod_info.json say?
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Kolt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: January 31, 2019, 05:38:28 AM »

{
   'id':'wip_mod',
   'name':'WIP Mod',
   'author':'Kolt',
   'version':'0.1',
   'description':'Yeetimus Maximus',
   'gameVersion':'0.9a-RC10',
}

Is what I have for it

Kolt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: January 31, 2019, 07:53:15 AM »

I fixed it, I am the dumb sorry about that.

gauntman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: February 02, 2019, 09:04:04 AM »

I’ve been wanting to edit a list of custom system names of my own for New Sector Generation in Nex.  Does anyone know where I can find the file in that contains the list of possible system names?

I use the Nexelin mod, I’m not sure if it stored in there or somewhere in the core data files. 

Appreciate any guidance

From a Faster Time

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: February 02, 2019, 04:10:54 PM »

Is there a way to have custom player portraits that can't be used by the game for any other characters? As in, is there a way to make certain portraits exclusive to the player?

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: February 02, 2019, 10:26:21 PM »

Put them in player.faction, delet them from (or don't put them in in the first place) all the other .faction files?
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

From a Faster Time

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: February 03, 2019, 03:07:28 AM »

Put them in player.faction, delet them from (or don't put them in in the first place) all the other .faction files?
I did that, the issue with that was that some administrators for hire would still use that portrait.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: February 03, 2019, 10:51:29 AM »

Right, yeah - officers/admins spawned on player colonies could use the portraits there. The only way I can think of to make it exclusive to the player would be to set the player's portrait in a script once the game starts, or via console commands - there's probably a way to do that using the "runCode" command.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: February 04, 2019, 02:21:57 AM »

I'm trying to wrap my head around what governs the frequency of hulls and blueprint spawning to make some ships really uncommon.

As far as I understand it, in ship_data.csv, the rarity attribute drive how often a rare blueprint spawns and only that. With 1 being the regular drop rate and 0 being complete absence. ("rarity" being a misnomer here since it's the frequency)

What I have issues with however is how hullFrequency works in the faction files: Even with the tiniest values there (such as 0.01) those ships are omnipresent. As in all ship in fleets are "rare" ships with the odd regular vanilla one. It is as if individual hulls that do not have a frequency set in this section are defaulted to 0 rather than 1, and the global blueprint rarity doesn't get applied. And as soon as another mod add their own ships with average frequencies, the relative rarity gets properly reflected in game.

So am I completely mistaken and there is a completely different way to set the spawn rate of a ship in fleets? Or could there be a bug there?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 02:36:37 AM by Tartiflette »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: February 04, 2019, 10:03:34 AM »

What I have issues with however is how hullFrequency works in the faction files: Even with the tiniest values there (such as 0.01) those ships are omnipresent. As in all ship in fleets are "rare" ships with the odd regular vanilla one. It is as if individual hulls that do not have a frequency set in this section are defaulted to 0 rather than 1, and the global blueprint rarity doesn't get applied. And as soon as another mod add their own ships with average frequencies, the relative rarity gets properly reflected in game.

So am I completely mistaken and there is a completely different way to set the spawn rate of a ship in fleets? Or could there be a bug there?

For fleet compositions, the "rarity" column in ship_data has no impact. If a hull is not mentioned in the hullFrequency, it does indeed default to 1.

This is used fairly extensively in vanilla, so, hmm - it's certainly possible there might be a bug, but I remember testing it quite a bit, including with values like 0.0001, and everything seemed to work at the time.

Quick thought - you don't have variant ids specified there, do you? It's looking for hull ids.

One other possibility is to do with ship roles. For example, if you have a single carrier with a low hullFrequency, and no other options for the carrier roles, it'll get picked every time despite its low frequency, since it's the only choice.

Hope this helps!

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: February 05, 2019, 01:06:32 AM »

I definitively checked for this: for example I have one frigate hull for the pirates with a hullFrequency in the faction file of 0.1, and it becomes literally omnipresent: every single pirate frigate I could see is that one frigate. But when I add the Underworld mod that has pirate frigates in the 1.5 frequency range, then all the pirate fleets are filled with Underworld's frigates, with the odd one from my mod, and no vanilla pirate ship in sight. That's why I suspect a bug if hullFrequency is the only thing affecting the rarity in fleets.

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 710