Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 706

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1700441 times)

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #3105 on: April 23, 2017, 10:34:16 AM »

It fails with any rule commands in a mod, as far as I can tell.
Could you possibly send me a copy? Would make testing a bit easier.

Can confirm this. No rule commands are found no matter where I put them (even if I do the "ruleCommandPackages" in settings.json). I'll see if I can send you copy for testing.

*edit - sent via pm
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 10:45:13 AM by kazi »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: April 23, 2017, 10:47:57 AM »

Thanks! Checking it out now.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: April 23, 2017, 10:55:49 AM »

I forget exactly, but if you're thinking that the base of the station could be destroyed and the modules could survive and fight on, that's going to be tricky for various reasons. For one, the station will register as disabled post-combat.
Grargh, I must have had a brain fart and left out some very important words. What makes a station explode when the MODULES are destroyed? My example is a small station with 2 weapon platforms, and a large mount on the base, and no Vast Bulk. There's no need for the station to die immediately when both modules are disabled, because it can still fight and can still be destroyed. Another example would be a theoretical Onslaught with both wings as modules. Instead of just immediately suffering a catastrophic failure and detonating, you'd expect it to fight on.

Independent modules that can fight on their own sounds very funky.

And by the way, did you fix that bug with non-stations having modules? My Conquest with broadside shields is now working perfectly (except for the shields deciding not to raise themselves, while I think can be fixed with a hullmod just like how Axial Rotation forces a ship to always turn right)

Mongreal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: April 23, 2017, 10:57:37 AM »

I really like that update a lot, mostly for the new way carriers works, which lead to an important question for me : I've seen that carrier can use a built-in wing and multiple customisable others decks, but is there a way to make multiples built-in wings in a unique ship ?
I have a drone carrier that could have some benefit from using separate drones instead of a fixed drone wings (since they tends to stay close to theirs buddies, and got easily killed).
Does the
Code
"builtInWings": ["NRT_drone_birdofprey_wing"],
can be used mutiple times in a hull file, with each line adding another built-in wing ?
Or is there some way to add multiple built-in wings into that line, that way :
Code
"builtInWings": ["NRT_drone_birdofprey_wing","NRT_drone_birdofprey_wing","NRT_drone_birdofprey_wing"],
?

Also, on another hand, where can I ask some help for more complex plugins and scripts making ? I'm kinda stuck with two new contraption that doesn't work as intended, I'm asking here and there for some bits of help but I always end up in another dead end when I finally manage to make something that work and goes on to the next thing.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: April 23, 2017, 11:07:27 AM »

Can confirm this. No rule commands are found no matter where I put them (even if I do the "ruleCommandPackages" in settings.json). I'll see if I can send you copy for testing.

*edit - sent via pm

Alright, fixed it - turns out it was using the wrong classloader.

Code
"builtInWings": ["NRT_drone_birdofprey_wing","NRT_drone_birdofprey_wing","NRT_drone_birdofprey_wing"],
?

That should work, yeah. Make sure the ship_data.csv entry has the right number of fighter bays, too.

Also, on another hand, where can I ask some help for more complex plugins and scripts making ? I'm kinda stuck with two new contraption that doesn't work as intended, I'm asking here and there for some bits of help but I always end up in another dead end when I finally manage to make something that work and goes on to the next thing.

I'd say a thread in this subforum is probably best. And/or maybe discord? Not sure.

Grargh, I must have had a brain fart and left out some very important words. What makes a station explode when the MODULES are destroyed? My example is a small station with 2 weapon platforms, and a large mount on the base, and no Vast Bulk. There's no need for the station to die immediately when both modules are disabled, because it can still fight and can still be destroyed. Another example would be a theoretical Onslaught with both wings as modules. Instead of just immediately suffering a catastrophic failure and detonating, you'd expect it to fight on.

Ahh, gotcha. Looks like that's actually hardcoded at the moment, added to the list.

You could get around it for now by putting an invisible module with at least 1 OP somewhere on the middle of the ship and making it invulnerable.

And by the way, did you fix that bug with non-stations having modules? My Conquest with broadside shields is now working perfectly (except for the shields deciding not to raise themselves, while I think can be fixed with a hullmod just like how Axial Rotation forces a ship to always turn right)

Not yet, but it's on my list the the .1 release.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: April 23, 2017, 11:19:04 AM »

*edit - sent via pm

Alright, fixed it - turns out it was using the wrong classloader.

Thanks- that's awesome! Any chance I could get a copy of the fixed build for modding purposes? (can't do too much on my end until I can make it to the main menu)

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: April 23, 2017, 11:50:34 AM »

Is there a way to make a ship always recoverable through a built-in hullmod?
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: April 23, 2017, 12:12:19 PM »

Is there a way to make a ship always recoverable through a built-in hullmod?

See: reinforced hull.

Thanks- that's awesome! Any chance I could get a copy of the fixed build for modding purposes? (can't do too much on my end until I can make it to the main menu)

Will send a PM in a bit.

Mongreal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: April 23, 2017, 12:17:18 PM »

Code
That should work, yeah. Make sure the ship_data.csv entry has the right number of fighter bays, too.
Look like it's working, now they're way better at intercepting small fightercrafts.

I'd say a thread in this subforum is probably best. And/or maybe discord? Not sure.
Does this forum have a discord ? :o If that's the case I didn't knew x)
Yeah, that should do it. There is a lot of things that I've been trying without getting anywhere while learning how scripts works in StarSector. I'll make a thread this week then, thanks.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: April 23, 2017, 12:47:41 PM »

I don't remember exactly if it's on purpose or not, but the weapons on a ship with modules can hit the modules. So right now it's either "Fighter" armor modules but no asteroids/ship collisions, or all the weapons on the modules and no arc overlap.

Too much excitement, not enough testing...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 01:10:05 PM by Tartiflette »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: April 23, 2017, 12:56:19 PM »

Thanks, made a note.

... or all the weapons on the modules and no arc overlap.

Arc overlap should be fine, though - weapons on modules can't hit modules. Or the main hull, I think? Not 100% sure of the latter.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #3116 on: April 23, 2017, 01:00:24 PM »

It seems to me that weapons on the main hull should not be able to hit modules - yet, that's the case right now?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 01:03:39 PM by Dark.Revenant »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: April 23, 2017, 01:03:07 PM »

I'll double check then, it could be a scripted beam problem on my end, but it might be a tough one to solve if that's the case.

[edit] Okay never-mind, I tested it with a few weapon, but it didn't occurred to me that all the weapon on that particular variant had the same scripted beam effect that collided on the modules... This won't be an easy one to fix though. Sorry for the false alarm, modules are awesome! And the conversion from our hacky Twiglib completely painless.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 01:15:43 PM by Tartiflette »

murumuru

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: April 23, 2017, 02:22:54 PM »

Is it possible to make unique officers nowadays?

Basically, I want to create some officer with unique name and unique portrait and let them spawn in the universe.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 04:09:14 PM by murumuru »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: April 23, 2017, 07:19:40 PM »

Is it possible to make unique officers nowadays?

Basically, I want to create some officer with unique name and unique portrait and let them spawn in the universe.

Yes, though it'll take a bit of coding. See: OfficerManagerEvent in starfarer.api.zip.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 706