Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: How do you edit fleet size with the new 0.54 update?  (Read 2292 times)

Spikey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
How do you edit fleet size with the new 0.54 update?
« on: December 09, 2012, 08:33:17 AM »

I've tried searching the campaign.xml for <maxfleetpoints>, still i have not found my specific value of my fleet- only npc fleets. I've scoured the internet only to find threads from before the recent update which tell me to do the same thing again and again. Can anyone help or am i being an idiot?

naufrago

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: How do you edit fleet size with the new 0.54 update?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 09:16:21 AM »

From what I can tell, it's usually the last instance of <maxFleetPoint>#</maxFleetPoints>, so try searching in reverse. Also, there are fewer possible results if you search for your exact number of fleet points, so try searching for that (by replacing # in my example with your number of fleet points).

EDIT: Just looked at the save file and it isn't the last fleet in the save file anymore. Good luck =p Also, Fleet Points is a floating point value, so you'll want to look for, for example, 25.0 rather than 25.

EDIT 2: It involves modifying your skills, since it seems that <maxFleetPoints> for your fleet is already set at 500, but is simply ignored. I'll try to figure out where the skills are and get back to you.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 09:41:25 AM by naufrago »

Spikey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 09:42:40 AM »

Ah ok, thanks alot! Ill carry on looking into it but I lack the coding know how to do so!

naufrago

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 10:18:23 AM »

K, found it.

Step 1: Backup your save file. If you screw something up, I won't be held liable for it. =)

Step 2: Search for "<level>#</level>", where # is the level of your character as an integer (as opposed to a floating point, like 45.0). The stuff directly above that is what you're interested in. You could modify any of the FP giving skills, but I'll stick with one specifically.

Step 3: Look above that for "<savedId>aptitude_leadership</savedId>" (NOTE: this is not the same thing as "<savedId>leadership</savedId>"- that just changes how many of the little lights are highlighted under the leadership aptitude and has no effect on anything else). Change the value directly above that to something higher, but keep it as a floating point (i.e. "50.0" would provide you with 100 FP, plus the base amount and whatever else your skills give you).

Step 4: Save and enjoy.

EDIT: If you want to change anything else besides your max FP, you may have to modify some of the stuff beneath where you find your character's level as well (that stuff shows modified values, multipliers, and bonuses). Haven't tested it.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:30:23 AM by naufrago »

Spikey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 10:38:45 AM »

Worked a charm! Thanks for your help, been trying to crack that for a while :) Your the closest person to jesus currently in existance.