Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Message for the future  (Read 6564 times)

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Message for the future
« on: November 26, 2012, 01:21:21 PM »

Today's date: 26.11.2012

Hi future people. I would ask you for little favor. If you have time machine can you upload final version of Starfarer so it can be downloadable tomorrow: 27.11.2012. Thank you.
I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...I hope it works...
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
Re: Message for the future
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 01:33:07 PM »

You forgot to ask them to preserve the message! Shame on you.

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 01:49:23 PM »

Shush you, do not disturb them  :P
Creator of:

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 04:12:06 PM »

My belief on time travel is that people will eventually be able to go forward in time, but never backwards.

Axiege

• Admiral
  • What a brave and loving name.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 05:06:51 PM »

It might not be impossible (if time travel ever is possible) for people to go back, but it's obviously so much more dangerous because you can change the future that you are from. Going forward in time, however, shouldn't be dangerous at all, since if it happens, it would be recorded in the future's history. Could never go back of course. Also, how tragic would it be if future Starfarer was released today, and that delayed/ended Alex's development, and so the future version would never exist :( Also paradoxes blowing up the universe, but that's hardly important in comparison.

sdmike1

• Admiral
  • Dyslexics of the world, untie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 05:18:22 PM »

My belief on time travel is that people will eventually be able to go forward in time, but never backwards.
if you can have zero mass then it is potable but until such a time, which is never (unless the higs boson is true and we can suspend the higs field), it is imposable.

naufrago

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 06:36:04 PM »

if you can have zero mass then it is potable but until such a time, which is never (unless the higs boson is true and we can suspend the higs field), it is imposable.

They found the Higgs' Boson a few months ago, fyi. Or at least they found a particle with properties that correlate nicely with what was predicted. Whether that particle has ALL of the properties predicted of it or not, we don't really have any way of directly influencing it. Yet. Who knows.

sdmike1

• Admiral
  • Dyslexics of the world, untie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 08:18:47 PM »

They found the Higgs' Boson a few months ago, fyi. Or at least they found a particle with properties that correlate nicely with what was predicted. Whether that particle has ALL of the properties predicted of it or not, we don't really have any way of directly influencing it. Yet. Who knows.
exactly

intothewildblueyonder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 09:11:35 PM »

Aren't we doing that already ???

:P

dogboy123

• Captain
  • Boron military barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 09:57:08 PM »

Actually I just visited the future... Starfarer is out, the year is 2013, december 20th, but turns out during development, Alex and the team decided to make the switch to a 3D game, I hope your measly 2012 hardware can even run it. ::)
"I'm expecting an all-out tactical dogfight... followed by a light dinner.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 11:52:07 PM »

It wouldn't ended Alex development, he would see what he did...

Hmmmm...

Maybe Alex from future can come here an help Alex from now. Hehehhehehe, that would be awesome, 2x Alex working on game  ;D
Creator of:

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 04:55:12 AM »

From what I read, long ago, the flaw in time travel is as follows:

You cannot go "back" in time, as to say past the point of when the "time machine" was activated, as the two endpoints of travel are unable to meet, we have already successfully sent protons(or neutrons, electrons, something "tron"-y) back to when the machine was first turned on, which was, at the time, a momentous achievement.

I have no idea of the location of this article but if I come across it again I shall post it here
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 05:13:54 AM »

Actually I just visited the future... Starfarer is out, the year is 2013, december 20th, but turns out during development, Alex and the team decided to make the switch to a 3D game, I hope your measly 2012 hardware can even run it. ::)
Damn it! Why would you right this in then forums now they will never have 3D    :(
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 05:16:51 AM »

I've just came back from the future, it was 2014, Turns out Alex accidentally printed out starfarer models on a 3d printer as his house was struck by lightning and now the Hedgemony have taken over the galaxy, so yeah.....
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 05:55:29 AM »

No link yet? Dang  :-\
Creator of: