Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Putting an aptitude point into leadership decreases fleet points  (Read 1640 times)

Xenocide52

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Putting an aptitude point into leadership decreases fleet points
« on: November 26, 2012, 10:36:02 AM »

When I leveled up to level 24 I put a single aptitude point into leadership. This raised my leadership level from 0 to 1. When I did this my max fleet points went from 29 to 27.
Spoiler
Here is a screen shot showing my fleet points before I increased my leadership.

Here is my character screen before I put the point in

After i put the point in (Nothing noticeably wrong so far)

And here is a screen shot after I had increased my leadership.

[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Putting an aptitude point into leadership decreases fleet points
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 10:38:40 AM »

Hi - thanks for the report!

What looks like happened there, is you had more points than you should have, due to a bug that leaves the fleet points increase in place if you assign the points and then hit "reset". (This bug is now fixed in the dev version). So, after you added the point into leadership again, the game recalculated the correct fleet point limit for you (a base of 25, +2 for 1 leadership).

Temjin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Putting an aptitude point into leadership decreases fleet points
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 11:59:39 AM »

Hi - thanks for the report!

What looks like happened there, is you had more points than you should have, due to a bug that leaves the fleet points increase in place if you assign the points and then hit "reset". (This bug is now fixed in the dev version). So, after you added the point into leadership again, the game recalculated the correct fleet point limit for you (a base of 25, +2 for 1 leadership).

Ahh. This explains the bug I ran into where I somehow had 27 FP despite having no aptitudes in Leadership.