Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ship Abilities  (Read 2828 times)

thunderbuddy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Ship Abilities
« on: January 15, 2012, 09:13:44 AM »

Hello I just bought the game as a part of the cynical brit wave, and I'm loving it. I was just thinking about some things that could add even more to the combat in this game. What if each ship, or maybe just some ships had a slot for some sort of engine ability? The abilities I was thinking about would be something like a boost, or even a blink that would have a cooldown. Maybe using these generates flux, and of course if the ship is overloaded, you can't use them. Let me know what you guys think.

BeanusMaximus

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Ship Abilities
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 10:03:04 AM »

You could have abilities such as Engine boost that increases the ships speed but sacrifices turning speed whilst doing it. Also to prevent spamming the ability there could be a cool down rate or a transition phase where it takes like 3 seconds to switch between the two (reduced turn speed during this phase).
RAWR (dunno why I did that)

Feel free to follow me on twitter >:D https://twitter.com/#!/TOBeanus

Other than that I have a dream, that dream is to dream of dreaming of dreams.

CommComms

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 10:32:40 AM »

These sorts of things are confirmed for the future.  Two things Alex has mentioned by name are afterburners, and a ship teleporter module, which I suspect will work along the lines of a blink.

BeanusMaximus

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 10:40:04 AM »

These sorts of things are confirmed for the future.  Two things Alex has mentioned by name are afterburners, and a ship teleporter module, which I suspect will work along the lines of a blink.
The teleporter sounds cool, I'm also sure I've seen EMP being mentioned somewhere o.o
RAWR (dunno why I did that)

Feel free to follow me on twitter >:D https://twitter.com/#!/TOBeanus

Other than that I have a dream, that dream is to dream of dreaming of dreams.