Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Main cannon/unique superweapon  (Read 1675 times)

nanaki422

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Main cannon/unique superweapon
« on: January 15, 2012, 05:22:33 AM »

Hello, I got the game just today and I've got to say it's fantastic!

However one thing me and a friend kinda felt was missing was some kind of unique main cannon of some sort
for the bigger ships. i.e. a weapon that might drain all of your vent but delivers a really powerful shot.

I realize it would be hard to balance, but figured I might throw the idea out there.

BeanusMaximus

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Main cannon/unique superweapon
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 05:30:13 AM »

Hello, I got the game just today and I've got to say it's fantastic!

However one thing me and a friend kinda felt was missing was some kind of unique main cannon of some sort
for the bigger ships. i.e. a weapon that might drain all of your vent but delivers a really powerful shot.

I realize it would be hard to balance, but figured I might throw the idea out there.

I'm 50/50 about this. If they were to have a superweapon/main gun then they would have to sacrifice other weaponry like all the missile slots etc to make room for it. In my personal opinion there should be a separate class of ships that support this like a siege type of ship.

On the other hand bigger ships do come with a lot of health which kinda makes up for this.

On the balancing issue like I said other weaponry should be sacrificed too so that the player should be more careful when using this type of ship.

Good idea though I like it.
RAWR (dunno why I did that)

Feel free to follow me on twitter >:D https://twitter.com/#!/TOBeanus

Other than that I have a dream, that dream is to dream of dreaming of dreams.