Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Game wont run-LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated (Vista 32bit)  (Read 56881 times)

axaxins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Game wont run-LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated (Vista 32bit)
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2014, 12:51:11 PM »

Its 32 bit, i dont know if this is normal but my java isnt oppening.. doenst open any window, nothing really. gonna reinstall it then im going to check out if the game works now

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2014, 04:16:29 PM »

Fyi Axaxins, SS comes with its own local copy of Java thst is independent of the actual of Operating system Java. Re installing Java wont help in this case.

axaxins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2014, 06:25:25 AM »

Thanks but i already did it, and it didnt work. I dont know why does my DEP (Data Execution Prevention) doenst allow me to do the tests.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2014, 09:52:26 AM »

Thanks but i already did it, and it didnt work. I dont know why does my DEP (Data Execution Prevention) doenst allow me to do the tests.
If DEP is not allowing the tests and you know that they are safe, you can disable DEP with a simple command line code. I remember having to disable DEP in order to get a few old games to work on Vista
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

axaxins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2014, 10:07:05 AM »

Thanks im going to try to do the tests again.

Edit: So i disabled DEP and java still crashes, just doenst appear DEP as the problem.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 10:23:40 AM by axaxins »

axaxins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2014, 06:34:41 AM »

Still no fix? :s

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2014, 07:51:22 AM »

Could you clarify exactly what you mean by "my java isn't opening" and "java still crashes"? I don't understand what either of those has to do with trying to run the game, as you wouldn't be running Java directly in either case.

Taking another look at the log you posted, it also seems you might not have the latest version of the game. Updating might be worth a shot.

Also: have you looked at this?
If you have a laptop with multiple graphics cards (sometimes the case with a multimedia laptop that'll have a graphics card built into the motherboard, and also a better standalone card), it's also possible that the OS is deciding to use the wrong card for the game. If that's what's going on, you can set what card to use for which programs, but the details depend on the graphics card/OS; what you want to do is make sure "C:\Program Files\Fractal Softworks\Starfarer\jre\bin\java.exe" is set to run using the "good" graphics card.

axaxins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2014, 12:33:04 PM »

yup i read everything trying to find a fix, and i fix it myself, i just runed the game with compatability for windows 95 and it worked i can now play the game. The java thing was for the tests, they would crash and say java stoped working

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2014, 12:34:29 PM »

Glad you got it working, and thank you for letting me know how you did it - will keep in mind that running in windows 95 compatibility mode can help with this.

axaxins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2014, 11:47:27 AM »

And it did, and thank you for all of your help. Hope the game as lots of success because its a damn good game.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2014, 12:30:24 PM »

Thank you :)

c0nr4d1c4l

• Commander
  • Local forum transient
    • View Profile
Re: Game wont run-LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2016, 06:51:06 PM »

I also have this problem, I had windows 8 and it worked perfectly fine until i upgraded to windows 10...
"Slap slap slap, clap clap clap"

Head salesman and CEO of the Discount Shipyard

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2016, 07:25:56 PM »

Have you tried this?

... i just runed the game with compatability for windows 95 and it worked i can now play the game.

(Side note: I wouldn't ever upgrade to Windows 10. It's basically ad/spyware poorly disguised as an operating system.)

c0nr4d1c4l

• Commander
  • Local forum transient
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2016, 12:47:40 PM »

That's alright, I reverted back to Windows 8 since 10 was pretty useless. It works again  ;D!
"Slap slap slap, clap clap clap"

Head salesman and CEO of the Discount Shipyard

Shift

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2016, 10:28:35 AM »

I am still having a problem with the Fatal: Exiting error LWJGL Exception.
My laptop has Windows 10 64x and is in 32bit color already and it will still not run.

Code
0    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Starting Starsector 0.7.2a-RC3 launcher
4    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Running in C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core
8    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - OS: Windows 10 10.0
11   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Java version: 1.8.0_101 (64-bit)
37   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: audio_plus [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Audio Plus]
46   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: lw_autosave [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Autosave]
52   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: blackrock_driveyards [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Blackrock Drive Yards]
58   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: chatter [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Combat Chatter]
64   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: lw_radar [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar]
69   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: lw_console [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Console Commands]
71   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: diableavionics [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DIABLEAVIONICS]
71   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: dynasector [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DynaSector]
71   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: shaderLib [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\GraphicsLib]
86   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: Imperium [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Interstellar Imperium]
86   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: junk_pirates_release [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\JP_RC_255]
86   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: lw_lazylib [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib]
102  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: leadingPip [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Leading Pip]
102  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: mayorate [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\mayorate]
117  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: metelson_release [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\mi]
117  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: lw_omnifac [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Omnifactory]
117  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: portrait [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Portrait pack]
133  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: saveTransfer [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Save Transfer]
133  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: SCY [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SCY]
133  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: shadow_ships [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\shadow_ships]
149  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: swp [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Ship and Weapon Pack]
149  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: lw_asirb [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Simulator Overhaul]
149  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: dr_ssp [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Starsector Plus]
165  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: SteinerFoundation [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Steiner Foundation]
170  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: TAR [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\TARGETS]
171  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: Templars [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Templars]
171  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: THI [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Tiandong Heavy Industries 1.1.1]
171  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: Torchships [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\TORCHSHIPS]
187  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: ztwiglib [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\TwigLib]
187  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: underworld [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Underworld]
187  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: URW [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\UpgradedRotaryWeapons]
203  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: lw_version_checker [C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Version Checker]
234  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings  - Loading settings
234  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [ABSOLUTE_AND_CWD: null (data/config/settings.json)]
318  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 320x240, 60Hz, 32bpp
318  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 320x200, 60Hz, 32bpp
318  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 400x300, 60Hz, 32bpp
334  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 512x384, 60Hz, 32bpp
334  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 640x480, 60Hz, 32bpp
334  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 640x400, 60Hz, 32bpp
334  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 800x600, 60Hz, 32bpp
334  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1024x768, 60Hz, 32bpp
350  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1280x768, 60Hz, 32bpp
350  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1280x720, 60Hz, 32bpp
350  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1360x768, 60Hz, 32bpp
350  [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1366x768, 60Hz, 32bpp
550  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.L  - Using refresh rate:60
550  [Thread-2] ERROR com.fs.graphics.L  - Exiting - exception in LWJGL initialization
org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:252)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
at com.fs.graphics.L.ô00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
572  [Thread-2] FATAL com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Exiting - exception in LWJGL initialization
java.lang.RuntimeException: Exiting - exception in LWJGL initialization
at com.fs.graphics.L.ô00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:252)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
... 3 more
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6