Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Explosive projectile?  (Read 1815 times)

Gabrybbo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Explosive projectile?
« on: November 08, 2012, 04:44:04 AM »

Hi everyone, i'm trying to modify the light mortar into a aoe weapon with a small radius (15-20) and low damage. :)

Right now i can do it using "proximity_fuse" in the behaviour_spec field, but there are 2 issues:
First, the projectile explodes once it reaches its max range. While it looks good on a flak cannon, it doesn't fit what i'm trying to do.
Then, it seems that the projectile explodes when it is close to the collision radius of the ship, not the ship bounduaries. This, combined with a small explosion radius, means that sometimes the shot will detonate before being capable of damaging the ship. :)

So, is there any way to make a projectile "explosive" without using the proximity_fuse?
...you can be assured that whatever comes out of the dev-oven will be fantastic and delicious. And it will also include frosting and sprinkles.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Explosive projectile?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 04:53:18 AM »

Copy the Reaper Torpedo .proj file.  Should be there.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Gabrybbo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Explosive projectile?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 11:22:04 AM »

Thanks a lot, now it is working as intended. ;)

I still wonder if there's some way to have the same effect with a projectile (you know, no PD shooting them down and stuff), but for the time being it's fine :D
...you can be assured that whatever comes out of the dev-oven will be fantastic and delicious. And it will also include frosting and sprinkles.