Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: NEW Chapter in the Exerelin Chronicles!  (Read 116213 times)

Axiege

• Admiral
  • What a brave and loving name.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Axiege Plays: Starfarer!
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 06:35:37 AM »

Episodes 25 and 26 going up now! Nothing really eventful yet as far as I can remember, but of course we do blow up stuffs!

Also, I still would like suggestions on how to defeat the Hegemony, and what length of video you guys would want to watch after I run out of the pre-recorded stuff.

Link to my channel, as always, in my signature below

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 06:46:31 AM »

I still would like suggestions on how to defeat the Hegemony

This is one way to defeat the Hegemony System Defense Fleet

3-4x condors
20-30x broadsword wings, "after you have condors, max out your 150 FP cap with broadswords"

everything from talons to onslaughts will die within 20-30 seconds of eachother. you will take minimal loses if non, unless you are unlucky and might lose a few wings.

EDIT: you could also farm huge amounts of money. sell all ships you capture in the hegemony station, then buy everything you have sold + the ones already there then instantly auto battle the defense fleet before you have an accident, you will win guarantied. the ships you bought doesn't even need any weapons.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:50:50 AM by ValkyriaL »

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 07:05:30 AM »

Auto-battling them is obviously not an option, it's going to be recorded as the finale to my series. Also, I don't mind using fighters, but just swarming them and not having to get involved myself would also make boring video...

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 07:31:02 AM »

Try taking them on with a paragon or 2 and nothing else. maybe a wasp wing for getting points early to deploy both paragons. should prove interesting.  ;)

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 08:11:25 AM »

I really want to get a couple Auroras, I can get them to take down a couple caps each with good support (only because the caps will likely have support)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 08:14:00 AM »

I'm a huge fan of using a double plasma Odyssey + destroyers and fighters to take down the SDF. Getting around the back of an Onslaught and popping it is very satisfying :D

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 06:26:21 AM »

Episodes 27 and 28 uploading now!

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2012, 07:57:39 AM »

Episode 29 going up now, and 30 will become unlisted! Episode 30 is the first I tried rendering with different settings and the results look good to me. Unfortunately , I was also testing different mic settings while recording, which didn't turn out so well (I think I've already fixed that issue, but it'll be there for the next 4 episodes as well).

Link to my channel in my signature below, and I would love any feedback/constructive criticism anyone can offer.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2012, 08:50:10 AM »

Quality is alot better, though the video seems abit stuttery with 25 fps.

Doom101

• Admiral
  • Doom will always find you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 10:57:22 PM »

Looks like your using fraps to record? or am i wrong?

i wish i could upload as regularly as you. if i could upload that much i'd probably be past 1k videos by now... i wish you the best of luck for the future and hope the starfarer community treats you well.

oh just a basic tip, this might be a bit harder to accomplish in a 8-9 minute episode but when i set out to record for the day i like to set myself a set of goals for each recording session you might for example set the goal of acquiring a new ship of a specific type in that episode. i find if i don''t set myself goals in a non-linear game i will just get bogged down and the level of quality will very rapidly degrade and if i accomplish my goals quickly i will pause my recording and come up with new goals.

my only tip for fighting the defense fleet is don't get 3 onslaughts lined up on you all at once. bad things will happen to you... obviously. if you can separating the onslaughts seems to be the best way to work em. if you can get each one by itself and park an omen somewhere behind it, its basically done for. i myself have not defeated the system defense fleet and personally don't plan to but i have fought and been annihilated by them. anyway good luck on both YouTube and starfarer.
When you can't go on, just accept your doom. It comes to all, it is inevitable.

Also I totally had the name BEFORE the cruiser.

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 04:27:59 AM »

I'm going to start recording around 20 minute episodes, Faiter noticed every other episode was getting more views, so he was probably right in saying that was hurting my overall view count. I do use Fraps, which was why, I had it split the recordings and 8-9 episodes was almost always just split in 2, so it was just for convenience. I'll be uploading episodes 31 and 32 today, but once I get through my backlog look out for a (hopefully) noticeable  increase in quality!

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 06:02:07 AM »

Episodes 31 and 32 are up now! Hopefully I can record some longer-form content today, but my sister has stayed home sick! :(

Doom101

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 06:20:28 PM »

i know from experience finding time to record around family can be very hard, 20 minutes is a pretty good amount of time. i used to be able to squeeze out a solid 3 hours of recording ( with 1-2 hours of off screen prep) now i'm lucky to get 10 minutes during the weekdays. anyway i can also understand you splitting the episodes because those fraps files can get ridiculous at times. im curious what's your upload speed? and how big is the average size of one of your videos?

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 06:31:21 PM »

After compression, the 8-9 minute episodes are around 40 megabytes. Having trouble figuring out the best rendering/recording settings for the longer episodes to come, so I don't know about those yet.

Doom101

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2012, 07:42:56 PM »

wow that's tiny, for a matter of reference my 30-40 minute videos vary from 2.50 gigs to 6 gigs the latter take upwards of 20 hours to upload. good luck, i hope your internet is faster than mine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26