Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fog of War bug  (Read 1427 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Fog of War bug
« on: October 13, 2012, 12:18:17 PM »

Early and late game usually, I find that fast-moving ships tend to flicker in and out on the control panel (or whatever comes up when you press TAB) and it has a TON of beeping, espeically when there's a few talon wings or hounds going about.

Recreate:  Find an early or late game save (doesn't have to be that, it's just easier to see what I mean) and get into a large battle with something that has a lot of fast-moving ships.  Watch the control panel and you'll see that the first ships tend to flicker, and no orders can be given even though they are well within the detection radius, for a while at least.

I find this annoying because sometimes I waste CPs on a flickering hound or talon wing.  I also find this problem quiet prominent with Pirhana Bomber Wings, even though they're slow.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
Re: Fog of War bug
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 12:38:34 PM »

I believe it happens because fighters appear on the screen the second one does, but it's only supposed to when all of them appear.  So that creates the flickering effect I think.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 12:41:20 PM »

Sounds like a good description (fix it maybe?  If one fighter is seen, then it's seen on the command panel).  But what about the hound?  I almost always see it with that.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 12:43:05 PM »

Sounds like a good description (fix it maybe?  If one fighter is seen, then it's seen on the command panel).  But what about the hound?  I almost always see it with that.

That might because it's flitting in and our of the fog, since there might not be a 'Discrepency' area where a ship is still registered when it's a little outside of the fog.