Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2 Bugs  (Read 3066 times)

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
2 Bugs
« on: October 13, 2012, 09:29:51 AM »

So I was recording for the Nothing Personal Mission Showcase and I found 2 "bugs" I think Alex should know about.

1:

You can assign an Dagger wing to intercept an enemy fighter and it will just buzz around with no weapons to attack with.

2:

If you place an intercept assignment on a ship you can see it through the fog.

Il post a video link with timestamps once I render it and get it uploaded.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 09:38:26 AM »

Thanks for the report - neither is actually a bug, though :)

The first - if you give it a direct order to do that, it'll obey. It's not up to the AI to decide that you really didn't mean what you explicitly ordered.

The second - it was rather awkward when assignments were cancelled because a ship happened to enter the fog for a second. Could probably use another look, though.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 09:47:21 AM »

The second one is rather weird, il get the vid up in like 1-2 hours or so. It shows the ship even though its far away in the middle of the fog.

Why did you remove the Daggers pd laser anyways :(

Nooblies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 10:48:19 AM »

Daggers could kill most other fighter wings 1v1 when they still had the lasers, supposedly.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 11:21:17 AM »

Here! you go Alex.

Go to 15:50 for the bugs. And yes, I ment to say lasers, not missiles. Bug nr 2 at like 17:00.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 12:39:43 PM »

The first - if you give it a direct order to do that, it'll obey. It's not up to the AI to decide that you really didn't mean what you explicitly ordered.

The second - it was rather awkward when assignments were cancelled because a ship happened to enter the fog for a second. Could probably use another look, though.

Why not make the assignment go for 'Last Known Area of Target'?  Also if it's not there and still not in sight it should scan the areas where it was heading to according to it's momentum when it was last seen then spread out further.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 01:06:06 PM »

Why not make the assignment go for 'Last Known Area of Target'?  Also if it's not there and still not in sight it should scan the areas where it was heading to according to it's momentum when it was last seen then spread out further.

This is not the place for posting suggestions. Make a new thread instead.