Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Proximity Burst Missile (flak)  (Read 2186 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
Proximity Burst Missile (flak)
« on: October 09, 2012, 09:05:47 PM »

So I have been playing around with missile roles and I know that anti-missile missiles have been discussed, but has anyone ever tried to create a missile with a proximity aoe burst similar to how the flak ballistic projectile works? I've tried it myself and it gives me an error upon trying to start starfarer so I don't think behaviors can transfer between projectile types. Any way I could simulate it with a current missile behavior A.I? I've though about the aoe for torpedoes like the Reaper being used.

Think I'm going to go try that now..  :P

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Proximity Burst Missile (flak)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 09:24:29 PM »

If you look at the Sabot weapon file, you might be able to use bits of it for the prox trigger. AFAIK, that's how it does it's stage-changing. Could be horribly wrong though

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 11:56:44 AM »

Look at the frag bomblet, it's a "BOMB" type weapon.  Just change the .proj file to match something of a "MISSILE" type and you're fine.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Aleskander

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 02:37:02 PM »

The omega missile in the ISF mod has an incredible AOE. I remember giving it to the AI , thinking it was just some extremely high-damaging missile.  Mid-battle it apparently fired off and wiped out half the map. So yes, missiles can have AOE.