Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Drones Question  (Read 2493 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
Drones Question
« on: October 04, 2012, 11:08:57 PM »

Is there any way to allow for a drone launcher to launch multiple variants of drones sorted by a drone index?

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
Re: Drones Question
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 07:33:42 AM »

I might not be the best coder but if i take a look at the script i would say no.
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 08:31:38 AM »

No, because you would require diferent "drone launchers" ship systems, since you can only have one system per ship its not possible right now, you can is, add shipsystems on drones:

"Yo dawg so i herd you like drones, so i made your drones release drones so you can drone while you drone"

Get it  ;)

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 08:36:57 AM »

No, because you would require diferent "drone launchers" ship systems, since you can only have one system per ship its not possible right now, you can is, add shipsystems on drones:

"Yo dawg so i herd you like drones, so i made your drones release drones so you can drone while you drone"

Get it  ;)

Hehe, made that my new signature :D
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 10:30:07 AM »

Get it  ;)

Hehe, made that my new signature :D

Haha ^ Yeah I did know that and I have tried it but for the carrier mod it kinda looks weird when it launches a fighter to have two more fighters mysteriously spawn next to the other one.  ;)

It also presents the problem of limiting the drones to two types. One leader and one or two wingmen of a different type unless I want to chain systems..which not only would look even weirder but also make it so just as many bombers spawn as fighters. Oh the humanity to balance that would bring.

On a side note, I made a hilarious coding error the first time I tried that. Forgot to create a separate .ship file and ships entry for the wingmen so that they would not also have the ability to summon two wingmen. Ever wanted to know what exponential bacterial growth looked like? Crazy. Almost crashed the computer in under 10 seconds so many fighters spawned.  ::) Thank god it was a simulation and I could cancel it immediately.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 12:38:56 PM »

You can make that drone have a drone system, which it will automatically deploy when the drone is deplyed.  That's how the mothership from the Ironclads mod gets two different drones.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.