Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nexus 2 on Kickstarter! Help fund the most engaging tactical 3D space game ever!  (Read 11233 times)

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile

Here's the Kickstarter :

Since there is a bit too much talking at the beginning, here's an old engine demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhZQEvg1V0Y#t=2m02s

And if you you don't know Nexus...
You like space games? You like big, hulking cruisers lumbering through space and pounding away at each other, ripping their hulls to shreds? Nimble frigates, send out to stealthy close in to an enemy's vulnerable rear? You like swarms of fighters maneuvering alongside them, ready  to dash into dogfights at your order?  You like to play tales of dauntless space adventuring, while acquiring parts to customize and upgrade your fleet? You want all that packed into an epic story?

All that was Nexus, and I believe Nexus 2 can be more that that! This is the closest we got to a modern, high profile space game in years! And as long as Homeworld 3 doesn't happen it might be years until another game like this comes along. This must happen!

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 06:28:54 AM by Gothars »
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Aleskander

• Captain
    • View Profile

I though that a sequel to TJI was cancelled/never imagined?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Now this is really a tricky one. Should i invest m money into this game, or project eternity? tbh, i never played nexus 1, so i don't exactly know what it's like. :D

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile

Now this is really a tricky one. Should i invest m money into this game, or project eternity? tbh, i never played nexus 1, so i don't exactly know what it's like. :D

Well, Eternity will happen anyway, Nexus 2 really needs help right now. I'll pledge for both. You could try out Nexus for 10$ on steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/6420/ It was a brilliant game, but with some shortcomings in initial accessibility. 

I though that a sequel to TJI was cancelled/never imagined?

The initial sequel about 6 years ago was canceled due to the usual publisher concerns.Then there was a a campaign on some never-heard-before crowd funding site some time ago, that nobody even noticed until it was too late.

Now this might be the last attempt, I got my fingers crossed...
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile

damn......

Nexus was the game for me. The first space game I played. Tried the demo and had to hunt it down over the course of more than a whole year (back when I lived in China and steam was obscure as heck....)

I will be backing this with a passion

Now how does this work? I pay them and if they reach their goal this thing happens? What if they don't reach the goal? I get my money back right?

(first time considering kickstarters..... dk the ground rules XD)
mmm.... tartiflette

mercy

• Ensign
    • View Profile

damn......

Nexus was the game for me. The first space game I played. Tried the demo and had to hunt it down over the course of more than a whole year (back when I lived in China and steam was obscure as heck....)

I will be backing this with a passion

Now how does this work? I pay them and if they reach their goal this thing happens? What if they don't reach the goal? I get my money back right?

You get your money back if they don't reach 650K.

Best tactical 3D space fleet battle game ever! Excellent story, superb special effects, gorgeous battleships. Believable NPC-s. Mysterious Asteroid fields. There is space commandos, they go on exciting missions,  but the best part is the excellent depiction of large ship battles. Not one studio managed to create anything that comes close to NEXUS: Jupiter Incident!

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile

/pledged

I played Nexus: Jupiter Incident very briefly (the tutorial missions), but I love space tactical games, so sign me up.

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile

well they got 25USD from me i really love N1 and i really hope N2 will happen....

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile

I would pledge the moment I get a bit more money.
Sadly it looks like they won't make it DX
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile

such a shame.......
mmm.... tartiflette

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile

I've spent too much on Kickstarter already, but this one really tantalises me...

Nexus was the last game of its genre to date, as far as I know. And despite lacking some polish, overall it was very good.

Temjin

• Captain
    • View Profile

I'd love to back this, but lack of a Mac option is a deal-killer for me. If it gets to the point where they make the stretch goal to make a Mac version, I'd gladly do it.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

I'd love to back this, but lack of a Mac option is a deal-killer for me. If it gets to the point where they make the stretch goal to make a Mac version, I'd gladly do it.

They probably won't even make their main goal. Unless some rich guy decides to dump his savings into the game.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile

They actually announced that mac is now included in their main goal! Doesn't help me very much as I'm a linux player, but still. Cool project.

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile

They probably won't even make their main goal. Unless some rich guy decides to dump his savings into the game.
i wish i was a rich guy...id gladly give them my savings...too bad im not Bill Gates ;D
Pages: [1] 2