Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thrust into SPACE!!!  (Read 4822 times)

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Thrust into SPACE!!!
« on: September 07, 2012, 08:11:39 PM »

OK, so I was chilling, watching some anime, when suddenly I came up with an interesting idea for a mod, what if we make a mod where Earth is thrust into the universe in a time slightly in the future. We would have four different types of ships, Chinese, Russian, American, and European, however, all of these ships would be part of a single faction. Then we would create a few other factions, say a couple of alien factions and another human like faction, and let the fun begin, would anyone be willing to help me out here? I can't code and can only kit-bash, but I can churn out ideas and descriptions like crazy. So if I had a team with the skills I do not have, we could make this mod, or another one easily. PM me if you want to help, or post, also opinions?

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
Re: Thrust into SPACE!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 08:29:29 PM »

Seems like a good idea to me! I would love to help you with this, but I have no modding experience and wouldn't know how to actually do anything to help you. I will keep an eye on this though!

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 08:46:38 PM »

not to say this isn't a good idea but....

If you're trying to be the one to come up with the ideas, it's probably a good idea to know more than just kitbashing...

let's face it, thinking up ideas/descriptions is the easy part and kitbashing is one of the more common skills out here...

again, it's not that it's not a good idea, just that you should probably learn some more modding so you can at least do the majority of it...

that said, good luck with that. My genuine blessings to you
mmm.... tartiflette

SteelRonin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 10:42:34 PM »

You do realize This in effect this is the exact same as the ironclads mod.. right?

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 11:38:25 PM »

You do realize This in effect this is the exact same as the ironclads mod.. right?

This

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 12:53:16 AM »

This

That
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 12:55:16 AM »

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 03:42:29 AM »

Enough of that.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 04:59:40 AM »

One thing I'd really like to make is a realistic space warfare mod, set around earth (with moon various stations and that's pretty much it), in the near future, like 2200. No lazors and shields ofc :D

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 05:53:47 AM »

Ok, maybe I was not clear, earth will be ONE faction, with realistic ships, like Uomoz was talking about, however, the aliens will have only a few ships, and the price differences and strength of the ships will be much stronger than the Earths ships. I was thinking that the aliens would have shields, be more manuverable, but have high flux weapons, and at that only a few of them, also they would not have ballistic weapons, only a few types of missles, and energy weapons. On the other hand, the Earth would have mostly ballistic weapons, may a couple of enery weapons, and of course, plenty of missles. I am trying to gain the skills to make sprites, unfortunantly I am not very good, but as everyone knows, practice makes perfect!

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 06:40:39 AM »

Yeah but my "Earth" ships would be similar to "current" ships (after all its very hard to send armor pieces and heavy stuff in space) :D

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 05:16:11 PM »

Yeah but my "Earth" ships would be similar to "current" ships (after all its very hard to send armor pieces and heavy stuff in space) :D

I mean like shuttle/rockets/ISS's

Bobakanoosh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 02:14:34 PM »

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-06/google-backed-asteroid-mining-venture-adds-billionaire-investors.html

if you guys want realism, than you just might not have to worry about earthlings sending armor pieces in space. by "2200", there might be full fledged space shipyards.

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 03:06:15 PM »

making me think of freelancer a bit
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone