Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Author Topic: The Lore Corner  (Read 254874 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: The Lore Corner
« Reply #255 on: October 14, 2015, 02:47:25 AM »

Multiple Independent Rocket-powered Vehicules?

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 14, 2015, 03:23:13 AM »

Majorly Irritating Rocket, Vhygodwhy

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 14, 2015, 06:43:21 AM »

Might just be a legacy term, like "clip" for "magazine", "Bazooka" for "rocket launcher" or "shrapnel" for "fragmentation (shards)".
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #258 on: November 20, 2015, 04:58:32 AM »

So the Tri-Tachyon lost both AI Wars (and the second one quite badly too it seems)?

Reaction 1: :(
Reaction 2: I'm impressed they're still not-dead enough to be considered a major faction.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 20, 2015, 05:13:16 AM »

So, has the First and Second AI Wars been mentioned in this thread yet?
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 20, 2015, 06:38:02 AM »

I'm very happy with all the new lore, it finally give a reason for the Tri-tachyons to be at war with the Hegemony. Apparently they lost the two AI wars but managed to save enough ships to remain in power and negotiate advantageously the treaty of Crom Cruach. They also kept their planet killer-device thanks to "concessions made during the peace arrangement" and seems to be still freely infringing the Domain AI ban.

Even thought they lost, the wounded Hegemony apparently can't enforce much on them, probably have to deal with the other factions. Still, both Hegemony and Tri-tach seems to be in a very bad shape after all of this.

The war seems to be officially finished, but i wonder why are they still in conflict? Unless those are just some unofficial skirmishes between the two factions? The Hegemony won, but it probably won't stop the Tri-tach from trying to screw them again.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 20, 2015, 08:58:41 AM »

I wonder if I can find that planet cracker hidden somewhere.  ::)

What?  I promise I won't do anything!  Well, nothing too bad anyway.
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #262 on: November 20, 2015, 03:42:24 PM »

Does 'not too bad' thing include......nevermind.

TheBawkHawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 23, 2015, 10:12:51 AM »

There's one Tri-Tachyon planet that has armories and such deep within mine shafts or whatever it is, and that the deepest ones had some arcane power and whatnot. Perhaps it's hiding in there?

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 24, 2015, 10:25:46 AM »

Alex, I have a burning question... What happened to earth and the gates? And what are the aliens about? Is earth still working? Is the sector the only place that humans colonised? Would be cool to be able to use the gates in the futur to travel to other sectors which are still desperatly trying to survive! Also, how could they lose the knowledge about how to terraform a planet? Its seems simpler to terraform a planet as far as knowledge as to build a ship with working hyperdrives... and is there any place where living is actualy normal and not desperate and poor?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 24, 2015, 10:40:03 AM »

@lilstrip
The sector you're currently in is only the local group of stars - humanity colonized a vast part of space under the Domain of Man.  When the gates shut, however, this sector was cut off from the rest of the Domain of Man.  We don't know how the rest of humanity is fairing.  As a result, Earth is really, REALLY far away.

It's not that knowledge was lost on many things - sure, it was, but the sector simply lacks the industrial output to do any of the massive projects that the Domain of Man had undertaken, like terraforming a planet.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 24, 2015, 01:54:44 PM »

So basicly, humanity's survival doesn't need those sectors to survive since earth is still working?
I mean, it would be cool if either alex could add the fact you could build and level up your own station, and for exemple add modules but they would cost like 500000 credits at the begining and could end up costing 3000000 credits. Basicly, you could build that station, you would have to bring people, ressources, and then choose a place to set up and you could modify that station and since you would be the owner it would give you like 10000 credits every months at the begining, but if you turn that station into a massive trading hub it could end up giving you a crap load more. This would actualy fix the fact that there will be so many planets barren and such on the map since they have no porpuse, but adding this as like the next big update could basicly give them a porpuse and would add so much to replayability! It would also be really easy to implement and wouldn't break any mods since it would add a bunch of features and not change old ones!

^
 \__ Alex, if you read this, can you PLEASE add this! it would be so cool!

Also one last thing. I built this massive city in simcity 5 and would like to know if there are cities in starsector with such road network :) have aspergers and really like complex interchange/highway networks in really cramped space! Would be cool if david could make a illustration based off of it since it looks really close to city_from_above! I really like that one, wished I could live in a city that looked like this XD Anyway, heres the link (skip the loading screen lol, wasn't planning on showing this to anyone so didn't bother editing! just found out I could cut the vid via youtube :) thanks youtube!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53ByQ9yvIFQ

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #267 on: November 24, 2015, 03:43:48 PM »

I believe 've seen some illustrations about cities in the game folder... The same folder has the famous 'Hound in a hangar' picture.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 24, 2015, 03:59:06 PM »

We don't know the status of the earth. It's not unlikely that the gate network failure happened on their side though, and it might have been caused by some catastrophe. So the Sector might indeed be the last hope for humanity's survival.

Outpost are a planned feature BTW, and probably you will install them on planets. Don't expect that to approach the complexity of sim city, though ;)
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 24, 2015, 04:18:48 PM »

No of course XD But it would be really cool to be able to build your own modular station which would require alot of time to build
I think that this would really make the game different because that would mean that maybe there could be a partial multiplayer where basicly the game has that aprox 1K map and basicly people could come in and play in singleplayer but their stations could be seen as maybe functional or wrecks to other players :) that would be really cool!

I do know the thing where you guys don't plan on adding multiplayer but this could be a inexpensive way of adding it.
also, would be cool to have an in-game map editor so it would be really easy to make those maps and basicly make the game alot more moddable because right now, its kindof a pain to get the map you want via files :/ also are the current systems the only ones from now on in the game? I feel like its way too small and it would be really cool to have MUCH larger maps! its really immersive, and this game's lore is just so good... do you realise this game will get on scales as big as lets say, cities skylines when it comes to popularity? I mean, you have all the elements for this game to succeed! I mean, this game was the best 10$/quality AND quantity I know of! and there is only what, 3-5 people working on this!?! XD you guys are awesome! would really like to help with the lore :) Might be 16, but so far, this universe... its like everything I would ever want to live in! Would be really great and would be willing to write loads of lore for you guys. I have so many ideas, memories, and facts that I could use to make some really fun and long texts for people to read. I mean, just that half crashed onslaught and other bits of lore like that... I mean, I am really suprised you guys didn't expand on that idea! Thing is, I really like to write about stuff if i like it, and could almost write a book so much I would write about this game  :P  Anyway, hope you say yes because that would finaly get me in touch with such a fantastic universe which I would freaking dream about doing, and would be ready to do it for free as well :)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 04:31:26 PM by lilstrip »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31