Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Sharing the Bliss  (Read 2825 times)

Jayronimo_86

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Sharing the Bliss
« on: October 11, 2012, 07:34:53 PM »

I figured I would share a little story of what happened while playing the latest edition of Starfarer. First a little background; My brother first got me hooked on Starfarer. When i first started playing it was back when there was only missions with the ship to ship destruction derby. I took a little break from playing and kept up with the progress and general discussion/suggestions. I thought " Ill jump back into the game when there is some more context to the single player".
So with the latest I started trying to figure out the single player, just on my own. So after dying 30 time after only 3 minutes into each game -Insert Sarcasm Here-, I finally came to the conclusion that I needed to get a bigger ship. So I fought, I plundered, I pillaged, Bought and sold all the fuel I could find, and captured a second ship. Now I had Just enough to buy my prize, The Eagle line cruiser. Every bit on my money went to buying this ship.... OHHHH she was a beauty.... I had to try it out in the simulation..... hmmm why dont I have weapon groups? Maybe I don't have enough crew to man the turrets OOOOOhhhhhh...... I dont have any weapons because the ship doesn't come with weapons.... Great I just spent all my money on the huge ship now i have to find funding from whatever is on my ship, which is basically nothing. But it looks awesome flying around.... Anyways the only thing weapons i could afford were 6 short range green-beam-laser. UGH!!!!
 So the Maiden voyage was utterly short lived when the Pirate Assault Fleet turned up... I turned to flee but only to be crushed by three flights of bombers that just ripped my ship to pieces before I could fully retreat.....
Mark that day a great loss and a tragic end to a premature fleet.

Is there a heaven in starfarer? with angels? and those little coconut drinks with the umbrellas?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:45:04 AM by Jayronimo_86 »

Cik

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Sharing the Bliss
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 02:53:46 PM »

turrents was all i read in that post. please, for the sake of the entire internet knock that off ;-;

Hardlyjoking67

• Captain
  • I'm a different kind of buddy.
    • View Profile
Re: Sharing the Bliss
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 07:21:04 PM »

turrents was all i read in that post. please, for the sake of the entire internet knock that off ;-;

I don't know what turrents is, but your reply to his post came off as rude and unfriendly. If you don't find his post pertinent to your own experience, or if you find that you don't have a polite and non-offensive way to say that you don't like something, then don't say anything. I get tired of the fact that people think they can sh*t on other people's thoughts, ideas, and reflections and yet they expect the more respect from others. Please, for the sake of the internet, knock that off.

And a merry welcome to the forums for both of you!

PS @ Cik Sorry if I was a bit sarcastic or acerbic, I just want this community to be a place where ideas and thoughts can be safely shared without fear of being judged immaturely.  ;D I still like you cause you're new of course.