Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 52

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.54a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 365050 times)

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.54a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #555 on: November 23, 2012, 01:50:37 PM »

So Alex can we get the Ambient Combat Track?  I want to add it to my MP3.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 23, 2012, 02:00:12 PM »

Mod seems to load all right out of the box, yay.  Now I've just got to figure out how to customize what ships people can start with and other things, hehe :)

I also guess I need to read through the notes about what CARRIER/CIVILIAN do in the CSV (I presume those are AI hints), same with any weapon changes.

I believe the changes are that ships no longer "assume" to be civilian or carrier type ships, so they're now user-defined properties of the ships. The reason for this, if I remember rightly, is that some mod ships behaved like civilian or carrier ships even though they were just poorly armed or happened to have a flight deck but were still combat-worthy respectively.

Yeah, that's exactly right. Some vanilla refitted ships, too.

So Alex can we get the Ambient Combat Track?  I want to add it to my MP3.

These'll be available from Stian (the composer) as part of the soundtrack, once the game is officially out. So, the answer is yes, but not yet :)

Also: hotfix for the tutorial crash is now up.

Hopelessnoob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 23, 2012, 02:09:51 PM »

Sigh now the anticipation begins for the next patch.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 23, 2012, 02:15:01 PM »

Hmm.  Tested out "Projectile graphics now rendered at correct aspect ratio based on the width of the trail, regardless of its length".

The sprites are now working properly (big yay!) but I can't reduce the coreColor alpha without both making the sprite alpha change (eek) and the weapon's explosion color change.  

So I still can't have, say, a green custom weapon explosion sprite with a bright purple explosion.  To get correct sprites, all my ballistic projectiles need a coreColor of 255s.

Am I just doing it wrong?  I just want to see the sprite, no trail, and a yellow-orange explosion when it hits stuff.

And man, am I going to have fun with the custom battle stuff.  Can we define "neutral" team stuff or a third team, so that we can have objects that shoot at everybody?
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 23, 2012, 02:19:13 PM »

Ah, Alex.  Time to change the front page for that Character Skills portion in "Upcoming Features"
:)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 23, 2012, 02:36:17 PM »

Ah, Alex.  Time to change the front page for that Character Skills portion in "Upcoming Features"
:)

Oh, good call! Done.

Hmm.  Tested out "Projectile graphics now rendered at correct aspect ratio based on the width of the trail, regardless of its length".

The sprites are now working properly (big yay!) but I can't reduce the coreColor alpha without both making the sprite alpha change (eek) and the weapon's explosion color change. 

So I still can't have, say, a green custom weapon explosion sprite with a bright purple explosion.  To get correct sprites, all my ballistic projectiles need a coreColor of 255s.

Am I just doing it wrong?  I just want to see the sprite, no trail, and a yellow-orange explosion when it hits stuff.

The hit glow uses the fringe color from the spec and always has a white core (for brightness). So yeah, those things are linked. So are the bullet color and the "core" part of the ballistic trail. But the core color shouldn't affect the explosion color, as far as I can see from the code.

... we should probably continue this in the modding section.

And man, am I going to have fun with the custom battle stuff.  Can we define "neutral" team stuff or a third team, so that we can have objects that shoot at everybody?

Hmm. Maybe, though the API doesn't grant access to "setOwner()"... but you might be able to get around that somehow. But the AI probably wouldn't handle it well.

Sigh now the anticipation begins for the next patch.

This kind of dedicated pessimism deserves commendation. Nicely done :)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 23, 2012, 02:36:28 PM »

*** awesome. All the skills are appealing, mysterious and seem to be decent choices to make. The game feels slightly more immersive too. Time to get back working on my mod after my exams.

Aleskander

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 23, 2012, 02:40:52 PM »

Well goodbye real life, I'll be back in a few days

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 23, 2012, 02:46:27 PM »

Thank you for releasing this at the weekend Alex :) 

I will give feedback as soon as if tried everything...
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 23, 2012, 02:47:58 PM »

A day after thanksgiving, we all give thanks! :D
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 23, 2012, 03:05:29 PM »

So Alex can we get the Ambient Combat Track?  I want to add it to my MP3.

These'll be available from Stian (the composer) as part of the soundtrack, once the game is officially out. So, the answer is yes, but not yet :)

You're killing me here Alex.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 23, 2012, 03:35:41 PM »

I love the new combat tutorials! :D Althought the screen stops moving around when your mouse enters the text box, I find that annoying.

And for the Fleet Combat Tutorial, I did not expect myself to win that battle. :) Guess high-tech fighters and frigates are OP. ;D

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 23, 2012, 03:41:12 PM »

joy... JOY !! :D
now i must download it & play the damn thing BUT im happy as a puppy right now  :-X

PS: wisjh i was sober right now (well there is always tomorrow)

::) 
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 23, 2012, 03:45:52 PM »

I'm really happy with the skills that only benefit your own ship (most or all of the combat tree). A lot more interesting when you have to make the choice between making your ship godlike and making all of your ships good. I wasn't expecting this at all.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 23, 2012, 04:17:27 PM »

Yay!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 52