Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 52

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.54a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 365059 times)

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.54a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #390 on: November 05, 2012, 07:58:38 PM »

The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

intothewildblueyonder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 05, 2012, 08:50:59 PM »

I just realized that using the tutorial mechanisms and using a large map we could probably recreate a system in a mission map - a game within a game ;D

On a more serious note should we keep an eye out for things that might need a tutorial (or the reverse you ask us how well a tutorial explains something - maybe something for a new thread)

(and maybe a new thread should be made here to move all the ' why isn't it here yet' to. Or, a tutorial that cycles through the usual gamut of comments:p)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 08:53:04 PM by intothewildblueyonder »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 06, 2012, 04:54:04 AM »

With the amount of content ur adding, maybe instead of 0.54a should go into the 0.60

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 06, 2012, 05:38:49 AM »

Yea, like when .35 jumped to .5 XD

And a few things out there still need a tutorial.  Possibly the campaign map might need one.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

VikingHaag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 06, 2012, 03:47:13 PM »

Alex, this is probably way OFF topic, but when could we expect the full game released?
I'm a little worried we're looking toward 2014 at this rate.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 06, 2012, 04:24:30 PM »

Alex, this is probably way OFF topic, but when could we expect the full game released?
I'm a little worried we're looking toward 2014 at this rate.

Aw, come on, you know me better than to expect a date or a specific timeframe :) When it's done (tm).

On a more serious note should we keep an eye out for things that might need a tutorial (or the reverse you ask us how well a tutorial explains something - maybe something for a new thread)

Yeah, feedback is always welcome. I feel good about the new tutorials, but doubtless, they could still be improved.

With the amount of content ur adding, maybe instead of 0.54a should go into the 0.60

Hmm, yeah, perhaps. If not, then it'll definitely happen when there's more than one star system.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 06, 2012, 04:33:42 PM »

• Forlorn Hope: added 3 more bomber wings and an Onslaught to the enemy forces

Are you going to give it impossible difficulty then change it to hard when someone beats it again?   ;D

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 06, 2012, 04:43:53 PM »

Are you going to give it impossible difficulty then change it to hard when someone beats it again?   ;D

I firmly believe that if the player is handed a Paragon, nothing is impossible :)

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 06, 2012, 05:04:58 PM »

Are you going to give it impossible difficulty then change it to hard when someone beats it again?   ;D

I firmly believe that if the player is handed a Paragon, nothing is impossible :)

Spoiler

[close]
Spoilered the image - Alex

Right you are.

You should totally make this one of the official variants.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 06:13:54 PM by Alex »

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 06, 2012, 10:30:47 PM »

Err... what about... uhh... getting mercilessly slaughtered without a proper fight? :P

And just so I'm on-topic: How much does the whole skill system change the campaign dynamic as it is? Like do the AI fleet admirals have skill levels and a bit more randomised fleets to reflect that or is it just a player-focused phenomenon for the meantime?

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 07, 2012, 03:14:07 AM »

Hmm, yeah, perhaps. If not, then it'll definitely happen when there's more than one star system.

Ooooh, on that update dear sir,
i would jump to 0.70 from 0.6X

RSS_Ornel

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 07, 2012, 03:57:34 AM »

I just realized that this is still alpha and it seems to have more content than triple a titles have on release. oh and i would be fine with a 2014 release.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 07, 2012, 05:20:28 AM »

I just realized that this is still alpha and it seems to have more content than triple a titles have on release. oh and i would be fine with a 2014 release.

Me too. I'm glad that there is a clear outline for the game, so one day it will be finished (unlike some other game, starting with m, ending with inecraft). But on the other hand that day will be a bit sad, till now its incredible fun to follow the development process. The insight we are granted is just great, I've already learnt a lot about game design. And the community around here is pretty awesome, good to be part of it.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 07, 2012, 09:19:56 AM »

Err... what about... uhh... getting mercilessly slaughtered without a proper fight? :P

I'm sure you could manage if you really put your mind to it :)

And just so I'm on-topic: How much does the whole skill system change the campaign dynamic as it is? Like do the AI fleet admirals have skill levels and a bit more randomised fleets to reflect that or is it just a player-focused phenomenon for the meantime?

Right now, the changes are very player-centric. As far as the code, it's set up to apply just as easily to AI fleets and captains as it is to the player, but I haven't re-done the campaign content to take advantage of that - because it'll have to be re-done soon, anyway, so it'd largely be wasted effort.

Thanks for the support, guys!

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 07, 2012, 10:00:47 AM »

Though it may not be related to this patch in particular, but how are ships/weapons/fighter availability gonna be like in release? like 1 ship for sale every 3 systems? possible ships as rewards for missions?

Comparatively, are additional captain skills going to be added when real trade mechanics are introduced?

And would every system get their own supply fleet? or is it possible for a player run supply fleet to help out a system? meep :D

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 52