Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: interest in a babylon 5 mod?  (Read 6778 times)

mprhead5

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: interest in a babylon 5 mod?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 03:48:26 AM »

interceptors are working but have the unintended effect of making all incoming fire destructable by every weapon so the narrow firing lane means that all of the projectiles tend to get destroye by the regulat weapons as well as PD. need a little more tweaking or i may have to give up on intercepting heavy cannon fire. 600 is too slow i think for fire to move

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 12:00:30 PM »

Well. Animation stuff is possible to do. You want a rotating chunk of your hull? You can simulate it by creating a new weapon with a proper animation. Put it in the proper place, give that weapon 0 flux, 100000 range and 1 damage. Make it a projectile weapon, hide its bullet, give it proximity detonation at range 100000 with the actual damage radius of 0 so that it would instantly detonate without damage to you. Make it built_in and set it to NO_AIM in hints (like missiles). This should make you weapon to 'fire' as soon as it sees any enemy ship.
Careful with this idea!  Such a design would vastly increase CPU load, if a lot of ships used it, due to distance checks every game frame. 

Better to ask for an always-on animated greeble feature instead.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

mprhead5

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 06:19:01 AM »

It would be nice if a feature was added to insert animations on top of the sprite for spinning sections pr radar dishes turning or veritechs transforming to gerwalk mode to fire missles lol.

Gave up on interceptors for the moment. Spending my spare minutes making new weapons. Redid my narn main cannon and made a EA heavy blaster that fires in a burst. Next is EA pulse cannons then i think im going to do a couple centuri ships ans new weapons. My first release may be a narn vs centuri fight. We shall see. So much to create and so little free time.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 06:26:40 AM by mprhead5 »
Pages: 1 [2]