Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "Rise of Archeus" *Beta Released v1.0*  (Read 20272 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
Re: "Rise of Archeus" *Beta Released v1.0*
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 07:26:30 PM »

Ehr, every cruiser+ ship is a carrier?

Yeah there is a reason for that I may have to take that out on some of the heavier ships for the purpose of this beta. This version should be compatible with most if not all mods since it just adds on factions/ships/weapons etc. So this version will be the vanilla "I want to have or try out these ships while still using other stuff" version. The second version I am planning on releasing will be a total conversion that will change the way vanilla works slightly. When that is released the reason for the ships having flight decks will be clear. More details on that to come.

Congrats on producing a playable version of your mod! This thread has been promoted to the Mods subforum for all to see.

Thank you! Around 6 months of work and constant re-tweaking sprites, weapons and  I finally have the feel I was going for. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do. I would love some feedback on the mod if you guys try it. What do you like or don't like? Anything seem particularly unfair or broken? What I am especially looking for are ships or weapons that you feel you have to use to be effective. I was trying very hard to have upsides and downsides to each weapon. I realize with the flight decks being so valuable in the current vanilla that may skew things and I will keep an eye on it and possibly change it.

Anyway keep the feedback coming!

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
Re: "Rise of Archeus" *Beta Released v1.0*
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 06:30:14 PM »

So anyone who has played it have anything to say about the vanilla balance? I'm trying to see if I did ok balancing the new weapons before moving too far forward.
Pages: 1 [2]