Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Rage venting thread.  (Read 14477 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Rage venting thread.
« on: September 08, 2012, 03:59:37 PM »

So, as per title, this is the thread where you may vent your rage.

So, while i was checking YouTube for videos and good music, the comment section is really stupid. there are just too many idiots and trolls on it that it's impossible to be serious on it. The comment section exists there for users to give true opinion, while in reality, you mostly see religious talk, sports talk, or stupid fanbois that i absolutely despise, no matter what.

That's me done.

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Rage venting thread.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 04:03:08 PM »

You forgot the "lololol voets down luvs Justin Bieber, olol" comments

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 04:10:04 PM »

Oh, fun!

*** anyone who drives in the passing lane and drives the same speed as the person next to them. It's called the passing lane for a reason.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 04:18:30 PM »

You forgot the "lololol voets down luvs Justin Bieber, olol" comments

It's always good to take a moment to really laugh about it. And then a silent minute for their K.I.A brains.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 04:22:39 PM »

People that corrects you with everything. But are absolutely **** at it themself.

Aleskander

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 05:08:34 PM »

The new doctor who season. It's just the same old stuff over and over amplified each time.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 05:10:56 PM »

I hate the time passing by.

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 05:49:58 PM »

I can select among many chronic, soul-draining, aggravation-inducing events or conditions, but for the moment I'll stick with Eternal September (19 years and counting).
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

naufrago

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 07:28:02 PM »

I can select among many chronic, soul-draining, aggravation-inducing events or conditions, but for the moment I'll stick with Eternal September (19 years and counting).

Basically this for me too.

I hate people who are willfully ignorant of something, but have opinions on it regardless. Also annoys the hell out of me when people lack reading (or listening) comprehension, are unable to form rational thoughts, or can't see things from a different perspective.

So basically, I hate most teenagers and preteens... and many full-grown adults. Children have an excuse, though, being children. I mostly assume that anyone acting like a *** on the internet is a teenager because it's usually true, and if I'm wrong it serves as an insult. So, win-win.

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 02:28:13 AM »

I hate the guts of the adult elitists who hate all teens like me, or who think they're infinitely better than them because they had NESs or stuff. I mean, I've found myself smarter than a rather sizable portion of the adults I've met so stuff like that makes no sense. The stereotypical teenager exists, but I'm not him/her.

I'm 14. If someone want's to lump me in with all the CoD players, the quickscopers, whatever, feel free to have an educated discussion with me on why you are wrong.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

LordHerpDerpington

• Lieutenant
  • Space lasers are the best kind of laser
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to the centre of the Internet.
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 02:52:42 AM »

I agree with you, Xareh - I don't get stereotyped, but my friends do, quite a lot. It's stereotyping in general that really ticks me off - "You listen to death metal? You don't look like an emo...", "You're a teenager, you listen to rap-step or whatever!"
It sounds as reasonable as the rest of quantum mechanics, so why not? 

I feel warm inside every time someone calls me "Your Lordship" or "My Lord"

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 02:59:57 AM »

I agree with you, Xareh - I don't get stereotyped, but my friends do, quite a lot. It's stereotyping in general that really ticks me off - "You listen to death metal? You don't look like an emo...", "You're a teenager, you listen to rap-step or whatever!"

I hate the guts of the adult elitists who hate all teens like me, or who think they're infinitely better than them because they had NESs or stuff. I mean, I've found myself smarter than a rather sizable portion of the adults I've met so stuff like that makes no sense. The stereotypical teenager exists, but I'm not him/her.

I'm 14. If someone want's to lump me in with all the CoD players, the quickscopers, whatever, feel free to have an educated discussion with me on why you are wrong.

Totally agree with you there, both. I mean, it's that kind of generalization that's the bane of a smart, peaceful discussion. All it takes is one idiot, be it child, teen or adult (bear in mind, there are plenty of adult trolls, not just teen or children for those of you uninformed) to blossom the discussion into a flame war about who's smart, and who's elitist. But i don't get generalized all that often, and if i do, i usually show him/her who generalized me that i'm not the stereotypical teen who listens to this and that and is a rebel. But those who troll and behave childish/troll/mic-spam, i have nothing to discuss with me, and they have my full contempt.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 06:29:56 AM »

Well, EA's letting go of the SP games.

Article below.
Spoiler
EA Labels President Frank Gibeau boasts that Electronic Arts no longer develops any games as single-player experiences.

Electronic Arts has made a lot of noise about the interconnected, digital future of videogames, and how the growth of the industry will come mainly via mobile devices, smart TVs and the cloud. Even so, recent comments by EA Labels President Frank Gibeau in the "Cloud Gaming Prospects for 2012" report are bold, to say the least. As he explains it, the publisher has effectively turned its back on single-player-only experiences, as it moves to make everything connected and online.

"We are very proud of the way EA evolved with consumers," Gibeau said. "I have not green lit one game to be developed as a single player experience. Today, all of our games include online applications and digital services that make them live 24/7/365."

To be fair to EA, that doesn't mean it's abandoning single-player, just that nothing is being made that can't support a multiplayer component, Facebook tie-in and/or whatever else the company can pile onto it. Thus we end up with things like Dead Space 3, which has evolved from a solo horror experience to a co-op shooter, or the Galactic Readiness gong show of Mass Effect 3, or Dragon Age Legends on Facebook. Single-player is still there, it's just no longer the focus, and won't be in the future.

"FIFA is a perfect example - available across 12 different platforms, FIFA fans can check their standings on their mobile device or tablet, manipulate their teams on Facebook or play an immersive game of FIFA on their PC or console. Everything is connected so the user can pick up just where they left off from anywhere," Gibeau explained. "We're deploying similar experiences in our other popular brands over the next year including Madden, Battlefield and SimCity and you'll continue to see more and more of this from EA."

Can't say I'm looking forward to it.
[close]

Can't say it came unexpected.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2012, 06:40:21 AM »

Thank God for independent developers.

Aleskander

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 10:55:14 AM »

So EA is dropping SP? I don't think I'm dissapointed, EA has tended to make games that are pretty (IMO) bad.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4