Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638775 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 4.4.1 (0.54.1) Hotfix
« Reply #1215 on: April 06, 2013, 04:07:44 AM »

Yes they are. That`s how missiles should work actualy IMHO.

XLE and UIN wont have their bases in RSF systems. They`ll get their own sectors with colonies and stations once Alex releases code for multiple systems.

NITROtbomb

• Commander
  • I like Mah glass cannon ships :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 06, 2013, 05:58:00 AM »

sweet thx for the info
Dancing and playing games, how does that work.. well YOU tell me!

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 06, 2013, 08:42:08 AM »

a few questions (that i dont know if the have been asked before)
1. will UIN and the XLE get their own stations because currently they dont have a major impact on the "War" and i wonder if it would be better to give them their own station to fill the space because at the moment it feels a bit empty.

2. the missiles in this mod a OP just sayin :D 

Missiles are "supposed" to be "OP"
Or rather, Efficient & Effective.

56er

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 09, 2013, 03:47:43 AM »

Only Thing bothering me about this mod so far is that the Oronance Points are super limited, the most non RSF Ships are preatty weak in Hitpoints (talking of Humans). Also the weapon ranges, especial on the large mount guns, are to short. If often maneuver around most time and when the battle/range comes all I do is holding the trigger pulled for a few moments, my opponent trough restricting/no shields and or to less flux to use them or the weapons onboard is then overwhelmed. This is maybe in some parts be realistic, but not that funny.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 5.0 (0.54.1) Hotfix
« Reply #1219 on: April 12, 2013, 12:14:10 PM »

Hi!

I`ld like to congratulate every one with the Cosmonautics Day or Yuri`s Night as it is known international. The first manned space flight is a major event for the whole world!

So here is a little present for you - a new update for Ironclads with all the new ships, weapons and Rock Fly in campaign!

This update was planned after Alex release of the new version of Starsector, so some things are still not finished and balanced (XLE GD battleship was run just for a couple of hours and wasn`t tested in campaign, it also lacks description). Also note that Rock Fly behaves quite strangely in campaign (probably due to the lack of crew).

Here is the archive: http://www.okim.nickersonm.com/SF/ACM50.zip(~ 11 mb)

Here is the changelog (might not contain all the changes): http://www.okim.nickersonm.com/SF/readme.txt
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:17:37 PM by Okim »

dogboy123

• Captain
  • Boron military barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: April 12, 2013, 12:33:36 PM »

Lol maybe you could put crew in the Rock-Fly, and say that the crew were eaten by the rock-fly on accident. And because it's diet is not organic (if I read your canon correctly), they cannot be digested properly, and so can rescue them from it's stomach.
"I'm expecting an all-out tactical dogfight... followed by a light dinner.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1221 on: April 16, 2013, 06:54:33 AM »

New sprites for 2-inch triple cannon, 6-inch battlecannon, rotary assault cannon and new UIN EMP cannon and EMP beam weapons.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 08:10:07 AM by Okim »

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 16, 2013, 11:34:36 AM »

New sprites for 2-inch triple cannon, 6-inch battlecannon, rotary assault cannon and new UIN EMP cannon and EMP beam weapons.

wow, those are really nice.
i must say okim, i truely admire you. you are making this huge total conversation with a style so out from vanilla, and your stuff is still if insanely high quality and really good.
i wish i could do as well :P

keep going, i almost feel like im playing starsector 2 when i play your mod :P

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1223 on: April 17, 2013, 06:01:21 AM »

Updated 30mm FLAK (3rd), Phalanx (5th) and 6-inch Triple Assault Cannon (last) sprites.

The huge rotary cannon next to 3-inch is a powerful support weapon that fires 2-inch shells. Quite effective against shields.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 17, 2013, 06:05:13 AM »

This is why this is my favourite mod<3
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1225 on: April 17, 2013, 10:11:19 AM »

I`m afraid of the upcoming Starsector update. Too much to modify. It may take a very long for me to find and spare some time for it...

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: April 17, 2013, 10:51:47 AM »

This is why this is my favourite mod<3

i like it too, my only beef is how much harder im finding it to play than vanilla.
im not sure why, im just having a much harder time.

edit : sprites are still awesome tho, loving the 6inch triple barrel. my next acquisition being an RSF battlecruiser, ill make sure to give them some :P

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1227 on: April 17, 2013, 11:19:40 PM »

First steps in campaign are pretty simple - pirate raiders and RSF scouts die from missiles, ISA scouts are easy to deal with if you keep them away from you.

Stepping up to next level is a bit difficult - pirate warbands often contain Wealthy captains that usualy put a shield or extra armour on their ships. Missiles wont work here as effective as they did before. RSF patrols are much more difficult to deal with due to their powerful Kursk-class destroyers. You`ll need something with long range here (streamers/particle cannons paired with 10-pdr guns work good, just make sure you get extra ammo for them). ISA patrols easily rolled by RSF destroyers with extra PD guns. Just give them extra speed.

I usually start intercepting convoys and AIs once i get at least two destroyers. Pirate Armadas can also be put in this level, but only if you really fill that you can deal with them. Note that Crimson Snakes are considered a pretty much deadly foe for any fleet. They are super-fast and can avoid missiles, their lasers can be a problem to any ship, their armour can survive more hits than any pirate vessel.

SDF fleets are deadly and require you to have a large fleet armed to the teeth. RSF with their Moscow-class BB are IMHO the toughest as this ship can suck a lot of damage before dying. ISA mostly bring missile-heavy ships and fighters into their SDF fleets, so massive PD coverage is required.

Alien mothership usually owns everything. But it can pretty easily be dispatched by any capital ship with at least two large energy mounts and good capacitors. Put two heavy beamers on it, integrated targeting unit and advanced optics and your ship can just sit far beyond the reach of Alien Heavy Blasters slowly tearing mothership`s weapon platforms. Once those are dead - bring in TUs or B-202s and enjoy the fireworks. I haven`t tried UIN United Kingdom yet, but i feel it would own mothership pretty well with its two long range assault drivers and fortress shield.

Rock Fly needs some tactics. Its has no coverage from its rear, so harassing it with fast ships armed with some anti-armor weaponry is a good plan. Or you can always bring in heavy beamers and slowly melt the Fly from afar.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 11:21:30 PM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1228 on: April 17, 2013, 11:22:48 PM »

Ah, and there is always a pretty easy way to get money - lots of civilians are flying all around the system. So if you are a pirate or ISA - there is nothing that can stop you from assaulting them.

Captain Draco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: April 19, 2013, 01:38:50 AM »

My favorite mods as well; thanks a lot Okim... one question are there any UIN ships heavier than France available for buying?   
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 281