Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638546 times)

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 4.3 (0.54.1 with campaign)
« Reply #1110 on: January 22, 2013, 03:32:28 AM »

then i hope he will do that becouse they look really cool to fight and maybe even fly :)
could you do a mission when you are one of these bugs then? like fighting off a mining company or something

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1111 on: January 22, 2013, 03:36:36 AM »

Hmm. Nice idea actually.

P.S.: probably hunting down miner fleet wont be that interesting. But i may create a scenario where nearby RSF Patrol Fleet picks up the call for aid and rushes for help.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 03:39:35 AM by Okim »

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 22, 2013, 03:48:32 AM »

that sounds interesting it should ofcourse be a challenge for the player.
question: wont the rockfly get hull damage when it gets hurt? becouse that coud look really odd. maybe if you can change it give it like a bleed animation that triggers when getting hit.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1113 on: January 22, 2013, 03:53:44 AM »

Cause it`s exoskeleton is has thick layer of armour. In order to damage the beast you have to crack the carapace. BTW, Rock Fly has lover hull than armour.

Again - once (IF) Alex implements custom damage decals and other tech-era related stuff - Rock Fly will be much better.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 04:20:31 AM by Okim »

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 22, 2013, 04:20:53 AM »

Snazzeh
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 22, 2013, 10:03:37 AM »

your rock fly gave me a lot of ideas for the species. if you dont mind i have some questions.

the weapons of the flies could/should be fragmentation. the reason being is that corrosive spit doesnt explode but more like spread on impact this would work really well with fragmentation since fragmentation damage can target multiple places with one shot. the weapons could also have an emp effect to resemble the sticky corrosive stuff that the fly spits the sticky stuff would then disable the weapons rendering them impossible to turn or shoot (for a certain amount of time). im not sure about the emp thing, could be really interesting, i am however kind of sure about the fragmentation becouse it fits so well with the spit and slimey stuff.

another idea is a new fly, the queen
the queen would be the leader of a hive, she doesnt have much firepower on her own. but she breeds all the flys and therefore is the most important. she can call her children in battle. these are weaker then the rock fly children but are in bigger numbers. these are her main defense. also she could have a hangar bay to house some smaller rockfly types (fighters) these would be as strong as a frigate or so.

well that are some of my ideas so far, i hope you will consider them. im really eager to see these guys in action and i think this is your most interesting work yet   :) ironclads is my favourite total conversion and im happy to see it still growing.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1116 on: January 22, 2013, 11:22:36 AM »

the weapons of the flies could/should be fragmentation. the reason being is that corrosive spit doesnt explode but more like spread on impact this would work really well with fragmentation since fragmentation damage can target multiple places with one shot. the weapons could also have an emp effect to resemble the sticky corrosive stuff that the fly spits the sticky stuff would then disable the weapons rendering them impossible to turn or shoot (for a certain amount of time). im not sure about the emp thing, could be really interesting, i am however kind of sure about the fragmentation becouse it fits so well with the spit and slimey stuff.

Hey, Flies are mobile fusion foundries. They don`t spit acid - that`s plasma over there. Their limbs are housing a powerful plasma spray that melts rock, metal and other stuff with a superfast stream of plasma.

The only fragmentation weapon is a spike thrower. Lore-wise there is no explanation yet to what it is used for, but some scientist suspect that Flies fight each other for territory and resources and those spikes are good at inpaling spawns.

another idea is a new fly, the queen
the queen would be the leader of a hive, she doesnt have much firepower on her own. but she breeds all the flys and therefore is the most important. she can call her children in battle. these are weaker then the rock fly children but are in bigger numbers. these are her main defense. also she could have a hangar bay to house some smaller rockfly types (fighters) these would be as strong as a frigate or so.

No way there will be any 'queens'. These are Flies, not some kind of hive bees. Each creature is individual and lives for itself and her progeny. These spawns are already in the game acting as always present drones.

To be honest - this Fly is just an example of what can be done with current system and a small hint to devs that modders may create smth that may require additional support ;)

If Starsector will get those improvements for modders - Rock Flies will benefit from them. Probably even get some other cousins. But mod is not about giant space bugs - its about cold war that all of a sudden errupted in a full scale conflict.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 11:24:09 AM by Okim »

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 22, 2013, 11:30:19 AM »

i guess youre right then, when you explain it i can see why everything shouldnt be fragmentation. and i got to deep with the flies idea. 1 fly is enough then and i understand that this isnt going to be another major faction :) still, i cant wait to control one of them in a mission. and could you place some in the stimulation menu? i would like to test various ships out on them. anyways i look forward to next update.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1118 on: January 22, 2013, 10:40:06 PM »

No matter what forces i give the opposing fleet - Rock Fly makes an easy kill of it. That thing IS overpowered if under player control.

So. There will be a mission where you control it, but its difficulty will be 'Trivial' :) Otherwise i have to bring into combat tons of Moscows and Michigans to somehow make it difficult. And that`s not exactly lore-wise.

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 23, 2013, 10:37:16 AM »

No matter what forces i give the opposing fleet - Rock Fly makes an easy kill of it. That thing IS overpowered if under player control.

So. There will be a mission where you control it, but its difficulty will be 'Trivial' :) Otherwise i have to bring into combat tons of Moscows and Michigans to somehow make it difficult. And that`s not exactly lore-wise.

But it's fun! Or you could have the RSF Dreadnought fight the Rock Fly

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 4.4 (0.54.1 with the Rock Fly)
« Reply #1120 on: January 23, 2013, 11:27:39 PM »

Releasing a new update. Here is an archive: http://okim.nickersonm.com/SF/ACM44.zip

AS USUAL! Remove the mod`s folder from your PC before installing a new version. You also should clean up any custom variants in save/missions sub-folders.

Full change log.

This update shows four possible decoration for ships - RSF, ISA, UIN and a monster. I may eventually make all the ship to use animated stuff, but there are over 100 ships in the mod, so that`s probably a long time to wait.

Other features of this update are few new UIN ships and weapons and a total missile rebalance work. Ship variants were also changed a bit due to the major removal of universal mounts from most of the ships.

Enjoy, report bugs. Tell me what you think about the Rock Fly (its appearance, animation, combat stats etc).

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 24, 2013, 12:58:49 PM »

*fistpump*
Lotsa new stuff! :D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 24, 2013, 07:19:43 PM »

Hunterkiller MIRW: the secondary missiles from this are very nearly stationary.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1123 on: January 24, 2013, 08:03:40 PM »

Thanks. I managed to remove all maxspeed values from all mirvs. So Whaleshark is also not working.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 24, 2013, 10:06:06 PM »

Germany cruiser's flux lighting is off by several pixels to the rear.  It also has an incredibly low base flux capacity for a cruiser - its normal variants should probably invest heavily in capacitors, stripping weapons to make room if necessary.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 281