Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1642551 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 4.3 (0.54.1 with campaign)
« Reply #1080 on: January 14, 2013, 10:35:50 PM »

Just a flag and a sign - need to be minimal in order to prevent ship from looking ugly when it gets damaged (damage decals are not applied on decorative weapons).

So far i just found owner check is shipAPI, but there are numbers in there like 0-1 with 100 being neutral. So that probably for combat only.
Need to find some faction ownership in other files that work in campaign as well as in combat.

And there is a small doubt that a weapon can influence anything beyond combat. Even in design screen we have only the first frame of the animation regardless of the script.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: January 16, 2013, 02:53:52 AM »

Just a flag and a sign - need to be minimal in order to prevent ship from looking ugly when it gets damaged (damage decals are not applied on decorative weapons).

So far i just found owner check is shipAPI, but there are numbers in there like 0-1 with 100 being neutral. So that probably for combat only.
Need to find some faction ownership in other files that work in campaign as well as in combat.

And there is a small doubt that a weapon can influence anything beyond combat. Even in design screen we have only the first frame of the animation regardless of the script.

Probably only the setSupplies/setFuel and a few others that add cargo/xp (not in front of the code to see whats the actual method names) would set any changes after a battle, the supplies and cargo would make nice ideas in how damage would "destroy" the amount of cargo if you deal too much damage on a cargo ship.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1082 on: January 16, 2013, 01:05:48 PM »

XLE Basilisk-class Battle Carrier. It combines good carrier capacity with formidable firepower.

This is the last XLE ship that i planned to add so far. I don`t know if i`ll make capitals for them and/or UIN. Not now at least.

I`ll do some tests before uploading the new archive. After that i`ll leave this mod for a while. Working on this ship made me realise that i need some rest from spriting.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: January 16, 2013, 01:13:47 PM »

Nice! :D Finally, a capital with a flight deck!

Although, if any faction should have a capital with a flight deck, it's the UIN.  They still lack a carrier.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1084 on: January 16, 2013, 01:33:33 PM »

Its not a capital. Its a cruiser. A brother to Dragon.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: January 16, 2013, 01:40:25 PM »

Good god! o.0 That's huge.

Guess I read "Battle Carrier" as "Battle Cruiser" hmm.
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: January 16, 2013, 01:44:40 PM »

if you need some help with some decorative ships feel free to ask, also, check out the system for pod ejection it should fit with this (and any mod imo) mod perfectly

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1087 on: January 17, 2013, 02:29:59 PM »

A silicon-based space monster code-named Rock Fly.

Video: http://www.okim.nickersonm.com/SF/rockfly.avi (~60mb)

Rock Fly was first encountered by XLE mining fleet in a distand asteroid field. Fly was at first peaceful and seemed to be quite curious of the shiny XLE ships. Several hours later after examining the fleet the Fly left them much to the relief of the crew.

Only when mining fleet proceeded with its main goal the Fly returned and attacked them. Fortunatelly a near by strike fleet answered the emergency call and managed to arrive before miners were obliterated. As scientists uncovered later - the asteroids that miners began to harvest contained 'hives' of small buggers - probably that`s why the Fly attacked.

Rock Flies are silicon based. They manage somehow to convert large amount of minerals into energy. Its 6 legs each contain a weapon that can act on its own. The Fly can spit out unstable bolt of superheated plasma that seems to detonate as soon as it gets into proximity range of the target. Rearlimbs include a powerful melter beam that is probably used to melt the ore that the Fly later consumes. Forelimbs launch a spray of small spikes. Scientists have no idea how the Fly is using those.

The main 'weapon' of each Rock Fly is its spawn - a swarm of tiny flies that are believed to be Fly`s children rather than workers. Each small bugger has a tiny shard thrower that is quite useless against armour and shields, but is dangerous to fighters.

The Rock Flies live a very long life that is believed to last millenias. They seem to be peaceful if not directly threatened.

Now the technical stuff. Wings are decorative and transparent. They are moving like sensor dishes, but each combat they randomly pick the direction. Weapons have offsets to the sides to make them look more organical. They are, however, quite good at hitting things. Plasma breath is a modified plasma blast cannon - better ROF, lower damage. The whole head is a plasma turret with animated mandibles.

Engines are placed in the wings` roots. There are two drives that will generate some greenish particles when The Fly moves.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 10:13:38 PM by Okim »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 17, 2013, 02:37:13 PM »

You managed to make me jaw dropped, cant say anything besides, that looks mindblowing

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: January 17, 2013, 02:52:10 PM »

Wings! In space! while I can't expect the physics behind that, If they are buzzing/flapping decoratives that bug will be very neat to watch :D

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: January 17, 2013, 05:30:29 PM »

Umm...wow. o.0 Pleace tell me I won't have to face that! ;D

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1091 on: January 17, 2013, 10:11:56 PM »

Heh. Thanks. I knew you`ll like it. I mean - look at it. Is it a cute little buggy over there :)

Wings! In space! while I can't expect the physics behind that, If they are buzzing/flapping decoratives that bug will be very neat to watch :D

Solar winds, gravitational waves, some dark matter mumble-jumble. No? :)

Watch the video - its clearly shows how the wings swing. BTW, each combat will make those wings swing a bit different. I ended up with a perfect swing of all 4 wings in pairs in one of my test plays.

And looking how it 'bites the void' everyone can see how angry this bug is.

Umm...wow. o.0 Pleace tell me I won't have to face that! ;D

I`m making a mission where you`ll command XLE carrier and several fighter wings + other ships trying to kill the only one Fly. It will be extreme, trust me :)

Romeo_One

• Captain
  • "Let me do the german dance for you..."
    • View Profile
    • Rejection - The Fight for Unity
« Reply #1092 on: January 17, 2013, 11:22:29 PM »

Its wings consist out of conductive material, through its swings it moves a small fraction of residual Dark Energy from its front to the back, which causes the creature to create a forward motion, because the Dark Energy is stronger at its rear than in front of it.

Something like that? xD

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: January 18, 2013, 01:21:15 AM »

Holy *** Okim. A fully functional space monster.
That is just plain awesomesauce.

harrumph

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: January 18, 2013, 01:38:31 AM »

Totally sweet.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 281