Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638385 times)

Skyjump

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 4.1 (0.54 with campaign)
« Reply #975 on: December 25, 2012, 01:00:38 PM »

I really love this mod, it is easily one of my favorites. Will there be any more UIN and XLE ships, and presence in the system? It feels like they are  a bit lacking.
also, if you attack a friendly fleet, their relationship towards you remains friendly, so you can farm their fleets. is that a bug?
thank you!

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #976 on: December 25, 2012, 01:27:28 PM »

Probably a bug. I don`t know. I actually don`t think that original game has any friendlies in system.

Pirate ships so far:

---img moved to a later post---

Regarding UIN/XLE. As i said before - they will have at least one ship of each class (though i think that XLE will be capped at cruisers due to their love for speed and zippery). Presence will remain as it is now - just a bunch of supply ships.

A bit of lore:

Barnard`s Star system is RSF controlled space with a large colony. It was recently invaded by ISA. There were two grand battles each won by ISA (the capture of Grey Mist outpost which is ISA base in campaign and the destruction of the last Federation DN).

Both sides got their strength in the vicinity reduced to the point where they can just bite each other (this means that they wont have anything except for small patrols once the campaign stuff will be released by Alex).

Pirates took the opportunity and invaded this system salvaging lots of RSF and ISA dead ships flying all around the system and building a hideout in the outter rim.

XLE and UIN are neutral to everyone, they are here to support their allies. They are not participating in any battles.

Aliens are planed to be a later campaign feature that will unite all the sides.  But since we have only one system - they are flying there as if they already appeared.

Civilians are neutral to all due to the pact that all the factions signed. Civilian ships are not allowed to be targets of any violence unless they are carrying illegal goods, munitions and military crafts. Patrols of all factions are allowed to stop a civie fleet and scan it.

P.S. once we will get additional systems - i`ll slowly start to add other factions` worlds. Though i think that the various worlds will be less that i previously announced (less that 11 RSF colonies and etc.). I haven`t yet decided the fate of Earth. I though to make it a neutral territory controlled by private sector.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 05:34:09 AM by Okim »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 25, 2012, 07:07:46 PM »

Oh...those pirate ships look epic! :D Although they seem more RSF than any other faction.

And the lore is juicy, I'm reading it now. ;)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #978 on: December 25, 2012, 09:11:47 PM »

That`s because they are heavily modified Rostov and Omsk.

Today i`ll try converting a new Connecticut into Catapult. And in the near future there will be XLE and UIN based pirate ships.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #979 on: December 26, 2012, 05:36:03 AM »

Finished 2 pirate Catapult variants and a Marauder destroyer.

---pic moved to a later post---

I think that i`ll upload the new version once i finish Scrapper, Baseship and Sparker craft. The new version will have all the pirates replaced with new versions. Old pirates will be removed.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 12:10:05 AM by Okim »

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: December 26, 2012, 09:26:32 AM »

You made those sprites really fast. And really awesome!
Looking forward to release  :)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 26, 2012, 09:58:23 AM »

And in the near future there will be XLE and UIN based pirate ships.
...Because the XLE ships clearly weren't fast enough already.  (Edit: Zombie pirate space dragon, anyone?)

Kinda hoping the pirate converted UIN ships will keep their shields (though presumably lose the fortress shields); having all of them unshielded makes them significantly less threatening in late-game.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 10:04:28 AM by Wyvern »
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #982 on: December 26, 2012, 10:13:08 AM »

There will be Elite variants of most of the hulls that will use some extra OPs (over cap) on various hull mods. These will include shields, augmented drives, heavy armour and other stuff. Oh, and deadlier weapons ofcause :)

For example a Raider with light plasma, 50mm autocannon (small mount, 9 OPs) two smart rocket pods (6 OPs each), integrated targetting unit and frontal shield. Plus extra capacitors and vents. All of these upgrades will overcap the ship`s OP by up to 50%. This Raider has 50 OPs worth of toys having its cap at 35.

Such ships will be rare and will be called 'Wealthy' representing some lucky bastards who managed to plunder enough bucks to buy some advanced stuff.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 10:15:30 AM by Okim »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 26, 2012, 10:31:35 AM »

Neat!

It might also be worth considering putting some (or all?  All might be too much...) of the military ships up to 50% over base ordnance points; I'd imagine the major factions would have expert engineers around somewhere, putting together mil-spec variants of their base hulls.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 26, 2012, 11:15:58 AM »

Excellent. :D At least the pirates might be a threat after this. ;D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: December 26, 2012, 02:44:42 PM »

what ship is the pirate round one based on? the one under the fighters

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 26, 2012, 03:08:12 PM »

If you go look at the new ISA ships here, it's pretty clearly based on the California / Connecticut hull.

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: December 26, 2012, 03:12:52 PM »

If you go look at the new ISA ships here, it's pretty clearly based on the California / Connecticut hull.
cant believe i didnt see that... should look at the weapon hardpoints and ship details more often, not just the shape..

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #988 on: December 26, 2012, 10:20:29 PM »

cant believe i didnt see that... should look at the weapon hardpoints and ship details more often, not just the shape..

Don`t worry. Lore for each pirate ship explains its origins :)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #989 on: December 28, 2012, 12:08:39 AM »

Pirate Hulk baseship and ISA Fatboy heavy freighter it is based on.

Pirate Scavenger salvage ship. Based on RSF miner.

EDITED: updated the whole ships picture. It now includes all new pirate sprites.

I`ll upload a new version today once i finish some testing.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 04:00:30 AM by Okim »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 281