Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638578 times)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 4.0 (0.54 with campaign)
« Reply #885 on: December 10, 2012, 09:39:21 AM »

You can make it so the mothership, when captured, can't have shields. Even with the hullmod. Just don't assign a shield radius to the ship.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 10, 2012, 09:49:13 AM »

If you want to do that (I wouldn't; being able to put shields on things that don't have them is the level 10 perk for a skill that's otherwise not worth it), it'd be cleaner to make the hullmod unable to be installed.  Something simple like "can't install on capital ships" would accomplish that; it's not like any other capital ship could support the front shield generator's 4k flux/s cost, anyway.  (If there even are other capitals around that don't have shields; I haven't checked.)

There are, after all, a number of things that are already ridiculous if you've got skills at level 10.  For example, a germany class cruiser with front shield emitter, the 20% hard flux dissipation while shields are up perk, and max capacitors; that thing can turn on fortress shields and tank even the alien mothership's firepower.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:51:39 AM by Wyvern »
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

FalseDead

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 10, 2012, 02:49:44 PM »

If you want to do that (I wouldn't; being able to put shields on things that don't have them is the level 10 perk for a skill that's otherwise not worth it), it'd be cleaner to make the hullmod unable to be installed.  Something simple like "can't install on capital ships" would accomplish that; it's not like any other capital ship could support the front shield generator's 4k flux/s cost, anyway.  (If there even are other capitals around that don't have shields; I haven't checked.)

There are, after all, a number of things that are already ridiculous if you've got skills at level 10.  For example, a germany class cruiser with front shield emitter, the 20% hard flux dissipation while shields are up perk, and max capacitors; that thing can turn on fortress shields and tank even the alien mothership's firepower.

Am I the only one thinking ramming speed upon reading this?

erynr73

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 11, 2012, 01:36:04 PM »

If only Burn drive was a hullmod.  It would be cool to see the mothership ram through a fleet of ships.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #889 on: December 11, 2012, 01:43:10 PM »

Taking into account that i`ve increased mass of all ships... this might be a great sight! :)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 11, 2012, 05:33:25 PM »

Oh.  Just tried this with the Germany... it actually works.  You can ram the alien mother ship to death.  Weapons?  Who needs 'em?  (Answer: anyone who wants to be able to kill fighters.  Or for stuff that can outrun you.)  (Edit: Just to make it clear, this only works if you're at least level 20-something; you need level 10 combat and level 5 tech.)

In the meantime: Okim, as long as I'm looking at scripting... instead of just randomly removing items from stations, shall I put that into supply fleet arrival?  Maybe add a "Pirate Looters" (or, if friendly with pirates, "RSF Inspectors" or the like) fleet that heads to the abandoned station - and spawns with a stronger fleet if you have more stuff stored?
Edit-edit: And, for ship removal, I'm thinking of actually tracking which ships belong to which factions, and doing things like making pirate ships sold to the RSF vanish in very short order, while RSF ships stick around unless the station's getting overstocked.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 08:09:40 PM by Wyvern »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #891 on: December 13, 2012, 03:06:50 AM »

UIN Belgium class missile frigate. A craft that is designed to fulfil tasks of either a mobile strike craft or a powerful anti-fighter craft. In both cases in can fight on its own with frigate-size ships thanks to its 4 frontal small ballistic turrets.

To Wyvern regarding scripts. A simple exception for an abandoned base would be enough (supply reduction script).

Talking about hull remover... well, it would be difficult to assign all the ship classes to each faction and keep tracking it. So i prefer a script that removes the hull if there are more than 1 of such hulls on the base.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:05:21 AM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #892 on: December 13, 2012, 06:01:05 AM »

UIN Bulgaria class frigate. Ideal for harass tactics where it can circle around the target and bring 5/6 of its weapons at it.

Full UIN ships list (modified Germany a bit):

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:05:43 AM by Okim »

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 13, 2012, 06:12:18 AM »

no holland class?  :(

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 13, 2012, 06:45:05 AM »

The netherlands! we need holland!
the flying dutchmen please  ::)
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #895 on: December 13, 2012, 08:10:02 AM »

Finland/Denmark for destroyers.
Hungary/Italy/Greece for cruisers.
Netherlands/UK/Spain/Sweden for battleships.

I can`t guarantee that all listed will be there, but minimum 1 of each will get there.

BTW, Austria will be used for a gunship. The current Austria will be renamed to Cyprus.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #896 on: December 13, 2012, 08:41:06 AM »

Off-Top.

My Post-Apocalypse Mod for Operation: Silent Storm.

Weapon models
Simple map

Just being a bad ass and posting a link here to get MOAR funboys!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 10:07:34 AM by Okim »

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 13, 2012, 10:30:52 AM »

YEAH!! me steering a holland class battleship will ensure my sector dominance  8)

n4rf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 13, 2012, 11:02:03 AM »

I finally took down an alien mothership (with legit setups, no ramming etc), quite an ordeal haha.

Fair bit of note, once you get one of them and a few stalkers... they are ridiculously powerful. Merely throwing shields on the mothership makes it far superior to anything else, and shields on a stalker plus plasma or ppc's makes it a killing machine.

I can see what you folks were talking about now heh. Granted it took me a LOT of effort to get these ships... maxed out my character, used elite crews, spent a lot of time salvaging alien weapons. I was trying to do it without any particularly special tactics, just through specializing setups. Quite an interesting challenge.

Well done on the mod. Haven't had this much fun in starfarer in quite a while :)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 13, 2012, 11:56:06 AM »

To Wyvern regarding scripts. A simple exception for an abandoned base would be enough (supply reduction script).

Talking about hull remover... well, it would be difficult to assign all the ship classes to each faction and keep tracking it. So i prefer a script that removes the hull if there are more than 1 of such hulls on the base.

Hm.  Okay.  Will keep things simple at least to start with.  I'd actually have something to hand you on this, if I hadn't spent all my time trying to track down exactly how I ended up seeing zero-size crew stacks.  (So far, I still have no idea.  May just give up on that for now and prioritize getting you something useful instead of tracking down an error I can't reliably replicate.)

As for assigning ship classes to each faction: this is kindof already done; you've got lists in each of the convoy files.  All I'd need to do is refactor those to be specified in a single file, and presto.  Still, I'll give you the simpler "if too many total hulls, remove some duplicates" code first.

Side comment: is it just me, or does the France class destroyer say "UIN" on one side and "?IU" on the other?  (Just in case the font doesn't come out right, that's supposed to be an upside-down N, followed by IU, in the second quoted item there.)

@n4arf: Yeah, taking out the mothership is tricky; my first time around, I used a Germany class cruiser with heavy lasers and magna cannons - basically specialized it with long-range anti-armor burst weaponry, to maximize damage dealt during the short intervals when I could afford to turn fortress shields off.  Really, any ship with fortress shields has at least a chance... so I should try for a kill sometime using, say, RSF or XLE ships.  Should make for more of a challenge.  ...Or just mod the mothership's base variant to have all the hull mods I install on mine.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 281