Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638504 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 3.0 (0.53.1a with campaign)
« Reply #795 on: October 03, 2012, 01:50:02 PM »

Much better!  Will all the ISA ships get the same treatment?

EDIT:
My only gripe about this mod so far is that the RSF seem to lack a carrier (the Scimitar is a PRIVATE ship) and the Ark (the 3-fight deck dedicated carrier) is a bit to unwieldy.

Eventually all ISA will be replaced. I`ve just tried to figure how the new ISA might look like. I love what i got.
As i said - the new update might get some long time to spawn, so don`t be teased by that ship :)

About RSF and carrier - that`s their doctrine. They have plenty of semi-carriers (almost all DE and above ships can carry fighters), but they prefer to use just Astrakhan as a carrier to due the serious weakness open bays produce. Remember - RSF are ironclads. And empty holes in the hull are notironcladish at all :)

EDITED: federation-related answer is on the prev page...

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 03, 2012, 02:43:57 PM »

Well, OK, I see it for the Astrakhan.  MUST GET A HOARD OF TU-610s AND UTTERLY CRUSH THE MOTHERSHIP >:D

And speaking of the Federation (the Russia-Class Dreadnaught now), it doesn't exactly fit the style of the RSF anymore.  While the rest of the federation moved on, the dreadnaught failed to update. ;D

And another thought, the ISA ships are looking a whole lot like the UIN ships now (with your updated Indiana Destroyer)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 02:51:52 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

dogboy123

• Captain
  • Boron military barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 03, 2012, 09:26:31 PM »

I love this mod, it adds a whole new feel very different from the vanilla combat, I can't really describe it...., ok maybe "old style navy" seems to fit ok ;D.
"I'm expecting an all-out tactical dogfight... followed by a light dinner.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #798 on: October 03, 2012, 10:16:31 PM »

Well, OK, I see it for the Astrakhan.  MUST GET A HOARD OF TU-610s AND UTTERLY CRUSH THE MOTHERSHIP >:D

And speaking of the Federation (the Russia-Class Dreadnaught now), it doesn't exactly fit the style of the RSF anymore.  While the rest of the federation moved on, the dreadnaught failed to update. ;D

And another thought, the ISA ships are looking a whole lot like the UIN ships now (with your updated Indiana Destroyer)

Yeah, that`s why its present in only one mission. And that`s why it dies there. Dreads are a failure in modern space navy. They are too costly in terms of maintainance and are quite vulnerable due to the lack of the shields.

Speaking of UIN and new ISA. I fail to see similarities here.

Mavolio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 04, 2012, 09:50:31 AM »

If you post them side by side they have the same'ish outline and profile but only in the most broadest sense. But you wont ever see them sitting next to each other like that in the game and they look different enough that you wouldn't ever notice.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #800 on: October 04, 2012, 10:27:32 AM »

Hm...

The outline may be somewhat similar when drawn like this. But the two ships are different in any detail including the frontal gap and aft structure. So i still fail to see that much of similarities.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 04, 2012, 11:45:32 AM »

I really see no problem there, to me it just seems as if they're similar is all.  No hard feelings. :)
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Amazigh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 05, 2012, 09:25:15 AM »

Also the fact that they have a nigh-on identical colour scheme isn't helping things out.
[Blue+Grey / Blue+Greyish Blue]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:26:55 AM by Amazigh »

Muffins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 06, 2012, 03:02:58 PM »

Well ideally ships from an alliance of nations or factions would use a similar coulor or marking scheme, if only to help with target identification. Personally i cant see a problem with them looking as they do.
Supress those Sectoids! I can't! I'm only a squaddie!

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 06, 2012, 04:09:33 PM »

Well ideally ships from an alliance of nations or factions would use a similar coulor or marking scheme, if only to help with target identification. Personally i cant see a problem with them looking as they do.

Exactly the point, trading tech with allies is really normal, you can even call it a project undertaken by the 2 factions that result on those 2 ships

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 06, 2012, 07:15:11 PM »

I think I'll give this mod a serious try. I like how it is starting to flesh out.

Okim, are you planning any big updates soon, that you recommend I wait for?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 06, 2012, 08:02:21 PM »

He said nothing soon. ;D
P.S.: that`s the last update until i get myself to the point where playing XCOM or even thinking of it will produce a huge desire to bring back my meal :)

That`s probably means that by this time Starfarer will get more than skills...
I've volunteered to keep the mod generally working if any updates break it, but I ain't that good with java yet. :)'

And give it a try regardless.  It has some excellent ships, and I consider it to be the biggest mod for Starfarer out there right now, even bigger than Caelus.  Has 4 factions (6 if you count aliens and pirates), with 20 weapons each faction (far more than Caelus has now, a total of about 140 weapons) and at least 80 new vessels total, fighters and ship included.  Very interesting gameplay, and balanced in it's own world. :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:08:38 PM by The Soldier »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #807 on: October 07, 2012, 12:42:11 AM »

No major updates. I`ll update the mod once Alex updates the game so that it works with new stuff. But there is XCOM comming soon, so i`ll just be wasting my time on it ;)

It was panned to have 35-40 per faction (4 factions), but currently its somewhere about 35-40 for each ISA and RSF and over 50 in total for UIN + XLE + Aliens. So in total its soewhere near 130 counting different sizes of missile launchers.

The major update this mod will get is when i finish respriting ISA. UIN and XLE will slowly grow too. This is probably a mid November update. May be earlier, may be later. I can`t forecast it from this point.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #808 on: October 07, 2012, 12:52:31 AM »

BTW. Here is a recoloured new ISA. Made it less bluesh.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 07, 2012, 05:38:58 AM »

Ah, much more grey. :) Looked fine before, and I don't mind the change.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 281