Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638392 times)

intothewildblueyonder

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 3.0 (0.53.1a with campaign)
« Reply #750 on: September 20, 2012, 10:21:18 AM »

ah, so you finally discovered that gem. Use it for PD (use a wide beam for extra fun) against fighters and missiles, which will continue to attack after they are no longer targeted, and find an appropriate lyric-ated  song (i.e. with the word 'spin' or 'you spin me round' in it ;))

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #751 on: September 21, 2012, 12:35:56 AM »

New XLE and UIN weapons.

25 in total including those that aren`t shown here.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 12:38:40 AM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #752 on: September 21, 2012, 12:48:36 AM »

Weapons that are yet to be added:

XLE:

- two torpedo types. One with proximity detonation, the other is guided. 3 sizes + 2 sizes with guided having no small version.
- blastcannon as a proximity detonating large cannon.
- inferno cannon as a large energy weapon dealing explosive damage.
- incinerator beam as a large beam weapon dealing explosive damage
- heavy beamer as a large energy continuous beam weapon. Will get a fancy glow effect that immitates several tiny beams forming a large one.
- a powerful siege laser as a built-in weapon for the battleship.

UIN:

- light mass driver.
- 3 barreled 60-pdr cannon.
- particle lance as an energy beam weapon with the longest range in the game. Deals kinetic damage.
- emp cannon as a medium low-power energy weapon. Used to disable weapons and drives on unshielded targets.
- emp beam as a large energy weapon. The same as cannon version, but is more accurate and has longer range.
- a massive railcannon as a built-in weapon for the battleship.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 22, 2012, 03:04:13 PM »

Excellent!  I look forward to more weapons. :)
Anyways, I've got some campaign input.  After maybe 1-2 hours of hacking and slashing my way through pirates and private fleets, I find that pirates are WAYY too hard to find and there are WAY to many Pirvate fleets roaming the system.  Tone down the pirate fleets and up the pirates a bit.

And the two main factions should have thier fleets toned down just a bit as well, maybe 5-10% on each side.

Also, I find that this mod might actually be more balanced than SF itself (combat-wise).  I find that a...scary proposition.

o.O
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #754 on: September 23, 2012, 01:47:12 AM »

I find that pirates are WAYY too hard to find and there are WAY to many Pirvate fleets roaming the system.  Tone down the pirate fleets and up the pirates a bit.

Emm. What? Tone down privates (civs) and up pirates?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #755 on: September 23, 2012, 03:13:10 AM »

ISA Crawler-class cargo shuttle.

Unlike RSF who provide civilian sector with outdated or downgraded military ships - ISA are going to have all civilian ships designed from scratch. That`s their policy :)

Crawler is a standard cargo/passenger shuttle that is designed for short range freights. Very popular amoung privateers for its hull, size, cargo/pass capacity and 3 energy weapon slots. It lacks shields, but this is compensated by a reinforced hull that is designed to withstand atmosphere entry.

legion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Total Annihilation Papercraft
« Reply #756 on: September 23, 2012, 04:07:06 AM »

I played this mod for a while now, and I find the starting ships a bit... lacking, especially the light carrier. Against a small pirate scout (1 or 2 gunboats), they fare well, IF the fleet can catch it. But some of those pirates (most of them) have either 1 or 2 wings of that heavy fighter with them. Those are too strong, even if you have a fighter wing of your own and am equipped with nothing BUT AA, which in turn makes you vunerable to the gunboats... The default kinetic based loadout and lack of hangar space doesn't help either.

I suggest (for the light carrier atleast) to bump the hangar space to 12 and its weapon loadout to something more balanced with kinetic, flak/PD and assault damage types. The latter should be done for the other starting frigate, as the enemy fleets you are most likely to fight in the beginning are the Pirates, which are unshielded anyway.

The TC itself is very nice, i love the look on most of the ships (the alien ships are a bit too BSF though, but those will probably be changed later), but the start is very, very nasty if you don't change the weapon loadouts on the starting frigates. I hope this feedback helps create a more entertaining experience!

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 23, 2012, 04:56:46 AM »

Both quantity and quality. Keep it coming.  :)

Loving the Crawler-class.  Very different shape from the other ships, but it still fits right in there.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 23, 2012, 08:01:02 AM »

I find that pirates are WAYY too hard to find and there are WAY to many Pirvate fleets roaming the system.  Tone down the pirate fleets and up the pirates a bit.

Emm. What? Tone down privates (civs) and up pirates?

Yea, that's what I mean.  If it seems too unreasonable, I'm fine.  I'll just have to start hunting ISA. >:D
And very nice Crawler, I'd like to see more! :)
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #759 on: September 23, 2012, 10:26:20 AM »

Hmm. Is it enforcers who bother you, Soldier? Or all civilians are too much for you? :)

Reworked the starting ships as well as the whole civ enforcers. They now have better anti-armour weps. Not going to up the hangar space of the frigate carrier. Gave it a missile mount instead of the med ballistic. Its a carrier and should be used as a back line support.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 23, 2012, 10:32:31 AM »

Just too many civilians.  They take all my main course, pirates. ;D I cna handle them easy.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 23, 2012, 06:22:09 PM »

One question about the EU ships, do you follow any special reason for their size, for example, Historically i take great pride of my country (Portugal) being the first to Explore and find new continents by sea, same with Spain, based on that i would assume they would be granted with ships with flexibility in mind, you understand my point, gives ships some kind of personality based on their countries past

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 23, 2012, 07:50:11 PM »

I see what you're saying. Fast ships of exploration for Spain and Portugal, quick raiders for Norway and Sweden, merchant and trade ships for the Netherlands, etc.

On a side note; there's evidence that the Norse discovered and explored the seas and new lands before anyone else. And then there's a lot of other theories about who went where first. Really interesting stuff to read up on.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #763 on: September 24, 2012, 01:07:14 AM »

No historical references are used. Just using alphabetical order.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 24, 2012, 05:26:01 AM »

Then shouldn't it start with Albania or Austria?

Here's an alphabetical list of European territories:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_and_dependent_territories_in_Europe

Might be useful.

That's not a criticism. If you want to stick to bigger and better known countries than that's up to you, of course. :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 05:31:20 AM by Erick Doe »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 281