Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638786 times)

strych90

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 3.0 (0.53.1a with campaign)
« Reply #720 on: September 10, 2012, 05:56:20 AM »

Heh, OK, that's good
I bought a couple in-game to see what 1950 speed would look like and they absolutely flew across the map in seconds, and had trouble turning around or maneuvering. 

I must say that I really like what you're doing with this mod, and really enjoy what you've done with the missiles, particularly the ISA's (The wasp mk2s, I think). Some of your new ones are what I wish the ones in vanilla were like to begin with.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #721 on: September 10, 2012, 06:08:39 AM »

Barrakuda mk.2 with proximity detonation. There isn`t really that much missile variation in the mod currently.  The only absolutely new missile types are the mentioned Barrakuda mk.2, Whaleshark with different warhead types and Hellmaker torpedo with energy damage.

In the future update there will be new missile weapons. Fast kinetic rockets, smart rockets that adjust their course, micromissiles that act both as anti-ship and anti-fighter homming missiles, hunter missiles with heatseeking ability, light torpedoes that do additional EMP damage (already in the mod as Pulsar torps), proximity detonating torpedoes and powerful frag missiles that act like Barrakuda mk.2, but with fragmentation damage.

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 10, 2012, 06:12:45 AM »

Barrakuda mk.2 with proximity detonation. There isn`t really that much missile variation in the mod currently.  The only absolutely new missile types are the mentioned Barrakuda mk.2, Whaleshark with different warhead types and Hellmaker torpedo with energy damage.

In the future update there will be new missile weapons. Fast kinetic rockets, smart rockets that adjust their course, micromissiles that act both as anti-ship and anti-fighter homming missiles, hunter missiles with heatseeking ability, light torpedoes that do additional EMP damage (already in the mod as Pulsar torps), proximity detonating torpedoes and powerful frag missiles that act like Barrakuda mk.2, but with fragmentation damage.

Oh boy!

strych90

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 10, 2012, 06:20:31 AM »

Oh boy!

Haha I second that!

FalseDead

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 10, 2012, 09:32:04 AM »

Since you asked!

Favorite Warships

Fighter: 171, all those missiles make it amazing at intercepting Fighters, Frigates, and Destroyers

Frigate: California, use the four outer smalls for SRM, the two center for Hvy Blasters, and the medium for Laser beam, Kills Frigates, Destroyers, and can endure long enough to cripple/Slow Cruisers

Destroyer: Indiana, use the four corner mediums for Killer wasps and the smalls for either 2pdr or 50mm, and medium 8pdr

Cruiser: used to be Kansas, but I am having trouble dealing with universals that were changed to the ballistic mounts, so I don't know anymore

Capital: Michigan, Basically use a entirely energy weapon complement with a couple missile to deal with small ships that are running
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:33:53 AM by FalseDead »

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 10, 2012, 10:54:22 AM »

Will all the XLE and UIN ships be following a naming scheme, too?
Like the Kursk, Moscow, Omsk and such for the Russians, or the Michigan, Kansas and Denver for the Americans?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #726 on: September 10, 2012, 11:58:30 AM »

XLE Drake destroyer. Fast, deadly, but has troubles with raising shields in time. Wings stretch too far to the sides for the shield to cover them fast enough.

Answering the question about naming the hulls. Yes, there are going to be patterns unique to both facions. UIN will be using the names of the countries that are present in EU. XLE - mystical and real reptiloids.

FalseDead

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 10, 2012, 12:28:10 PM »

Beautiful ship!

Not my style, But it will look good covered in explosions! ;D

Also What do you think of the latest blog?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #728 on: September 10, 2012, 12:53:49 PM »

Just read it. Well, nice to have an option to make choices and not max out everything. An interesting ability to increase damage, lower weapon OP cost and increase ship`s total OP. Might end up with rediculously overpowered RSF ships where every single slot will be armed with more advanced weapons than RSF currently have (drivers, boltguns etc.)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #729 on: September 13, 2012, 10:25:07 AM »

XLE Raptor heavy fighter. Carries 2x 42mm he autocannons and 2x small Micromissile launchers. Effective against unshielded targets and enemy bombers.

RSF destroyer firing XLE Streamgun. Pilons are armed with Blastguns - not so powerful proximity cannons with HE damage. In the middle you can find a Micromissile Battery (med. size). Streamgun is a ballistic weapon with great accuracy, long range and kinetic damage (inspired by flechette guns from vanilla).

P.S.

There are a couple of new fighters and a reworked XLE de. Plus some XLE weapons like Reaper Burstcannon and UIN emp gun that i fail to take pictures of due to my lazyness :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 10:29:41 AM by Okim »

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #730 on: September 13, 2012, 10:27:19 AM »

Ironclads is quickly becoming my favourite mod ;D

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #731 on: September 13, 2012, 10:32:22 AM »

Thanks! Nice to know that someone is interested in my work :)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #732 on: September 15, 2012, 02:50:29 AM »

Hi, guys.

Finally put info on Ironclads mod to my personal site. You can find it here http://okim.nickersonm.com/okim-studios/modding-sf.html.
Feel free to browse the site for other my projects. Site isn`t complete and some page (such as Table top game) are not accessible yet, but all my modding projects that i`ve ever made or tried to make are there.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 02:59:36 AM by Okim »

SteelRonin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 15, 2012, 01:12:22 PM »

its not working, the ui of your site shows up, but the info about the mod doesnt.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #734 on: September 15, 2012, 02:41:02 PM »

Using Opera, aren`t you? If so, i`m afraid that its the only browser that wont show the site properly.

Ie, Chrome and Firefox have no problems with it.

EDITED:

hm, Chrome shows this particular page incorrectly for some reason.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 02:46:48 PM by Okim »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 281