Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638610 times)

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 3.0 (0.53.1a with campaign)
« Reply #690 on: September 05, 2012, 10:28:13 PM »

Overall very good mod, *mostly* balanced and plays quite notably differently from vanilla.

Though weapon balance seems weird sometimes:
1)14mm Quad AC - ultimate kinetic ballistic weapon. 8x flux efficiency + decent range + low OP cost, what else to say? Especially weird compared to 14mm dual, which has only 2x efficiency...
2)Dual blaster - 4x flux eff, decent range, only 3 OP cost, hard flux => occupies every single small energy/universal slot on my ships
3)Auto blaster - less range and flux eff than Dual blaster at double OP cost - why would anyone ever equip this?
4)Microlaser - zero flux cost o_0...

+In general, ballistics vs energy balance is very skewed to energy side compared to vanilla due to 2 factors:
1)ballistics have much lower ammo capacity.
2)absence of flux efficiency advantage over energy. (with 14mm Quad as notable exception)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:30:00 PM by TaLaR »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #691 on: September 05, 2012, 11:16:25 PM »

Oh, yeah. There are indeed some extreme balance oddities in the mod.

Dual blaster was planed as a low-cost version of autoblaster (which, btw, was quite efficient when it had no deviation at all). But at some point i made dual blaster to fire in linked mod rather than alternating (increasing its effectiveness by 2x).

14mm quad. I always forget to reduce its ammo count. Its supposed to be a weapon of fighter and missile doom, but without extra ammo mod it should dry out much faster than now.

Microlaser with 0 flux is a bug of sorts. I wasn`t testing it for long enough.

Please, keep such comments comming. The abundance of weapons in this mod is preventing me from testing everything. I`ve recently discovered that 6-pdr Autocannon that fires 6 ballistic weapons does not really match its cost in OPs (12!). Should have either its OP reduced or fire rate increased.

I`ve made ballistics generate flux at a rate of 25% of their damage per shot. Made RSF extremely overpowered. Currently RSF guns generate flux at 50% of their damage. XLE weapons also have reduced flux, but all other factions have flux generation = damage.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #692 on: September 06, 2012, 12:38:30 AM »

Few notes.

-  balanced (well, tried to, needs testing) reported weapons.

- introduced Lazywizard`s/xenoarch script that cuts out excess supplies, fuel and crew. Plus it randomly removes some weapons.

- UIN now bring fully random weapons from their list, no longer spamming ISA with their weapons.
The same will soon be used for RSF and ISA convoys after the 5th convoy. Pirates already have this convoy behaviour.

- fixed civ freighter fleets having very low chances to bring in civ ships.

- reduced amounts of pirates and enforcers.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 12:48:39 AM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #693 on: September 06, 2012, 02:42:10 AM »

Lol. Wyrm with a massdriver, two Wasps, augmented drives and targetting unit is an uber anti-pirate combo.

Wasps take out one raider or cripple reaper/catapult and driver with its basic range +extra 90 from TU, with its outstanding projectile speed allows to stay far far away from pirate`s weapons.

Wyrm basic drives + Augmented drives provide 270+ speed - more than any pirate ship can afford.

Active flares pick off Eels and other nasty missiles and driver is effective enough to deal with fighters.

Strategic speed is 420! That`s the fastest that anyone can achieve in campaign.

The only drawback of this config is 15 cargo space.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 06, 2012, 04:45:28 AM »

I`ve made ballistics generate flux at a rate of 25% of their damage per shot. Made RSF extremely overpowered. Currently RSF guns generate flux at 50% of their damage. XLE weapons also have reduced flux, but all other factions have flux generation = damage.

Taking faction ships + faction weapons as balance basis seems to be quite likely to create some overpowered ship + other faction weapons combinations. Or at least make some weapons useless for player, because other faction has similar, but better option for slot in question...

Ideally no weapon should have alternative that completely overshadows it. Though i understand that each vs each balancing takes lots of time, and even vanilla game isn't quite there yet...

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #695 on: September 06, 2012, 06:24:25 AM »

I`m trying to make weapons as unique as possible. And thanks to the whole list of variables and features that Alex invented - it is quite possible.

pipikins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 06, 2012, 09:07:59 AM »

Hello when ever i try play with you mod i crash do i need to do anything special? i have just unziped the file in to the mods folder
If you can tell me how to get to the log i will send a link to you thanks
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 09:12:32 AM by pipikins »

SteelRonin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 06, 2012, 09:43:51 AM »

Me want play... ME WANT PLAY NAOW
Spoiler
140906 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.WeaponAPI$AIHints.SHOW_IN_CODEX
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.WeaponAPI$AIHints.SHOW_IN_CODEX
   at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:196)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.J.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.oOoO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.oOOO.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #698 on: September 06, 2012, 10:12:46 AM »

Hello when ever i try play with you mod i crash do i need to do anything special? i have just unziped the file in to the mods folder

1. remove any Ironclads related data from saves/missions folder. Game saves there your custon variants that are no longer compatible with the latest update.
2. log file is in starfarer-core folder. The last entry in it contains an error.
3. this mod runs under 0.53.1 SF version. Any previous versions will resulti in a crash (just a mention)
4. if nothing  helps - redownload the mod and reinstall it. Make sure that you delete the previous mod data if you had any. Current version uses new file names and may result in crashes if old data is still present in the mods forum (hulls, variants etc).

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #699 on: September 06, 2012, 10:14:15 AM »

Me want play... ME WANT PLAY NAOW
Spoiler
140906 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.WeaponAPI$AIHints.SHOW_IN_CODEX
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.WeaponAPI$AIHints.SHOW_IN_CODEX
   at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:196)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.J.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.oOoO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.oOOO.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]

I hope you are not using another mods with Ironclads? It uses different weapons file. I don`t know what`s causing this error, but it seems that its weapon file related :)

SteelRonin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 06, 2012, 10:20:35 AM »

I have other mods in the mods folder yes, but i dont activate them

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #701 on: September 06, 2012, 10:26:14 AM »

When does it happen? If on a startup - then its probably an archive-related problem. If somewhere during the gameplay - i need more specific info on when, what weps and what ships are used.

SteelRonin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 06, 2012, 10:28:13 AM »

On startup yes, once the bar comes up it pops up.

pipikins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 06, 2012, 12:43:56 PM »

1. remove any Ironclads related data from saves/missions folder. Game saves there your custon variants that are no longer compatible with the latest update.
2. log file is in starfarer-core folder. The last entry in it contains an error.
3. this mod runs under 0.53.1 SF version. Any previous versions will resulti in a crash (just a mention)
4. if nothing  helps - redownload the mod and reinstall it. Make sure that you delete the previous mod data if you had any. Current version uses new file names and may result in crashes if old data is still present in the mods forum (hulls, variants etc).

the game just crashs once i selcet it as a mod and click 'play starfare'

I have removed everything file to do with starfarer but its still not working
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 12:48:47 PM by pipikins »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #704 on: September 06, 2012, 01:16:04 PM »

Redownload the archive. I have no other idea why that could happen.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 281