Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638962 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 2.8 (0.53.1a with campaign)
« Reply #645 on: September 01, 2012, 02:20:57 AM »

The problem is that new RSF sprites have extra details like 'emergency exits', hangar doors for hangar capacity ships, vents and capacitors.

On the second though - ISA have evything except for doors and savepods and they look nice and match the new style.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #646 on: September 01, 2012, 11:55:44 AM »

Okay. RSF drone carrier and Rostov-M missile boat finished. The only ship remaining is the battleship. Dread wont be changed as it is mission-only sprite and lore-vise is quite old and unique (there was only one dread that RSF lost during the 'Fall of the Federation' mission.

While working on sprites i decided to remove police and all its blue-white markings from civilian ships. There are enforcers in campaign that use those civ ships. Plus - players no longer start the game in RSF/ISA ships. They will get civilian frigate and civ gunship in case of reincarnation.

One of the civ ships has morphed into a fully capable light carrier. A highly demanded battlefield role was finally filled. It is rare in campaign and currently can be obtained at RSF base (civilian supply fleets have a chance to add it to stock). XLE ships can also be brought to RSF base by civies.

Pirates got access to every single weapon in the mod except for alien toys. So its advisable to visit pirates base from time to time. You may be lucky to get some UIN fine toys and heavy guns for your large ships there.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 11:57:52 AM by Okim »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 01, 2012, 12:00:34 PM »

Ah, great!  Even better. :)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 01, 2012, 12:24:39 PM »

Should i also remake ISA? I can`t figure out if this is needed. They have a different light orientation (left->right) while all new ships are mirrored.
There is no need for ISA's complete remake, but yes, just make an mirrored light orientation, like I did with my ships. I'm sure you always keep original PSD of the ships, so adding mirrored light orientation shouldn't be a problem for you, Okim :)

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #649 on: September 01, 2012, 12:50:16 PM »

I`m afraid that if i`ll start to mirror - i will end up with completely new set of ships for ISA. I`m honestly not sattisfied with some ships. Besides - ISA will get a set of civ ships and those ships will be using new style/lights etc. So this might eventually trigger ISA rehaul at some point.

Well, i`ll try to finish RSF BB before monday and prepare a new version. BB is already hand-drawn and just needs a sprite. It will resemble current BB, but without fixed weapons and with two huge 3-barreled 408mm cannons as build-in weps.

After that we shall see what to do next.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #650 on: September 02, 2012, 06:26:49 AM »

Finished RSF Moscow battleship. Its weapons were changed considerably. Instead of 7 large (5 turets + 2 hards), 8 medium and 18 (!) small it now has 3 large turrets, 2 superheavy built-in cannons, 12 medium and 15 small turrets.

Two 408mm tripple siege cannons are the same 408mm cannons, but with a burst of 3 shots.

BB has ammo feeder that drastically increases its effectiveness when required.

Hangar doors are just for visual representation of its 18 hangar space. No fighter support in combat.

That`s the last thing i was spritings/adding before the update. I`ll now playtest the new version and possibly release it in a week.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:28:04 AM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #651 on: September 03, 2012, 11:16:47 PM »

Ok. RSF is finished, mod is somewhat tested. New toys added. I think that tomorrow there will be an update.

Here is a new RSF size comparison pic. Just to fill this post with smth :)

Omsk got some 'meat'. It now looks a bit more like a warship.

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 03, 2012, 11:24:10 PM »

Those all look incredibly unified, and really neat

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #653 on: September 03, 2012, 11:54:26 PM »

UIN ships.

Spoiler
[close]

XLE ships.

Spoiler
[close]

Civilian ships.

Spoiler
[close]

All these ships are available in campaign (in future update) either at RSF base or ISA outpost. Just follow the info messages.

Note that UIN and XLE q-freighter and armored freighter are intentionally made slightly different from their combat vessels. Civilian variants were made to resemble other civ ships.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 11:56:41 PM by Okim »

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 04, 2012, 05:20:49 AM »

These are some of the best ships and factions on this site!

FalseDead

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 04, 2012, 05:42:30 AM »

These are some of the best ships and factions on this site!

These ARE the best ships on the sit

Also best mod in my opinion ;D

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 04, 2012, 05:49:41 AM »

Just a headsup, Rosnov M is missing those white bolts on the wings,

I thought the "snake" like ships were for a mercenary faction, isnt the XLE representing the Chinese and other Asian Countries?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #657 on: September 04, 2012, 06:59:48 AM »

Thanks for your kindness :)

Rostov-M indeed lost its rivets somewhere. Thanks for pointing this out. XLE are using green/golden ships with scales. I think that`s the perfect way to represent Chinese and other Asian Countries.

There was a picture of a merc group that also used green ships with scales, perhaps that confused you :)

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 04, 2012, 07:25:53 AM »

The new sprites look great. Will you add ship descriptions in the new version? Feels rather empty without them when you're looking over the ships.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 04, 2012, 08:05:55 AM »

Excellent!
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 281