Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638477 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 2.8 (0.53.1a with campaign)
« Reply #615 on: August 29, 2012, 02:27:39 PM »

Yeah, there are also 'hand made' and 'done by a single person' tags for this mod :)

BTW. Its a damn headacke to balance all this stuff. And i`m really starting to have nightmares of future Starfarer`s update that will bring more campaign stuff into the game...

At least i learned how to make some sprites. Might be very handy for possible future projects.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:32:41 PM by Okim »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 29, 2012, 02:29:36 PM »

You know, there's more people than just you out there willing to help.  Let people playtest it before you release it to see how weapons are balanced.  Take the pain off your back and let the community do some work. :)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #617 on: August 29, 2012, 02:46:37 PM »

I`ll release the new version as soon as i finish RSF ships. Civies are finished, UIN and XLE are prototyped and approved, some of the new weapons added. I just need to finish carrier, battleship, 2 gunships and a drone de.

BTW, added maneuring jets to RSF Migs and Sus with a proper thruster effects upon activation. Makes dealing with those fighters a real trouble even for a pd heavy ship. Reduced armor and hp a bit to compensate.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #618 on: August 30, 2012, 12:42:25 PM »

After some brainstorming regarding the looks of RSF carrier i finally came up with this:

I hope i didn`t ruin your expectations :)
I tried to combine the new style with original flat deck. In addition i`ve added a large port access point (lorewise - this is used by T610/620 large crafts).

note: weapons are all the same except that large fixed missile was replaced by large universal turret. Drone hatches were moved to the starboard and reduced to 5 (10 drones in total with extra 10 in reserve and 1 drone being assembeled per 10 seconds). Launch bays remain as they were (3 bays, one on the flat deck is not used).

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 30, 2012, 12:46:42 PM »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 2.6 (0.52a with campaign)
« Reply #620 on: August 30, 2012, 01:00:08 PM »

I`ll release the new version as soon as i finish RSF ships.

Wait a minute....

Crude and plated Ironclads VS clean and light high-tech ships. Nothing is going to be changed here.

::)

FalseDead

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 30, 2012, 01:03:20 PM »

I hope i didn`t ruin your expectations :)
I tried to combine the new style with original flat deck. In addition i`ve added a large port access point (lorewise - this is used by T610/620 large crafts).

note: weapons are all the same except that large fixed missile was replaced by large universal turret. Drone hatches were moved to the starboard and reduced to 5 (10 drones in total with extra 10 in reserve and 1 drone being assembeled per 10 seconds). Launch bays remain as they were (3 bays, one on the flat deck is not used).

Not, what I expected.....and I really ain't totally sold on the appearance.....

But the turret placement's and the Omni-Large make up for that ;D

I`ll release the new version as soon as i finish RSF ships.

Wait a minute....

Crude and plated Ironclads VS clean and light high-tech ships. Nothing is going to be changed here.

::)

The idea and implementation are the same ( RSF ships being armored more heavily with crude plate's)

He just is updating the artwork to fit the newer ships and to re-balance the older ones after the systems/ built-in weapons update...

Edit: also, Okim, I been meaning to look this up, but instead I will just ask: doe's the Laser cannon ( not beam) use Advanced optics?

« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:10:31 PM by FalseDead »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #622 on: August 30, 2012, 01:27:24 PM »

Nope, i guess. They are not beams and thus they shouldn`t. Unless Alex made it so that BALLISTIC_AS_BEAM and projectile weapons with BEAM spawn class can benefit from it.

But laser beams (as all other beams) use advanced optics AND targetting unit.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 30, 2012, 01:34:52 PM »

Holy sh*t...I love the new carrier!  A proper carrier, it is!
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #624 on: August 31, 2012, 03:16:23 AM »

Today my boss brought his son at work and left me to nurse him. He also brought a nice assemble model of F-117 for his son`s entertainment. Well, here what ISA has now:

F-171 is a phasing missile fighter that heavily relies on carrier support (it has no other weapons, just 4 missiles).

Phasing cloak makes its approach much easier, but it can operate just for ~5 seconds. This means that interceptors will not have trouble with hunting them.

F-171 carries 2 Piranha SRM missiles and 2 Eel SRM missiles. The wing consists of 3 crafts (so its 6 Piranhas and 6 Eels) and is quite expensive in FL (9) and money.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 31, 2012, 03:29:33 AM »

Those are pretty neat, and so are fighters that actually have to refill their ammo once in a while.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #626 on: August 31, 2012, 04:12:08 AM »

Updated the sprite and made glowing stroke around the phased model. Looks a bit more interesting now.

In game those fighters probably should be set to Support rather than assault that they are now. Not sure how support fighters actually work :)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 31, 2012, 05:57:46 AM »

Ah, interesting.  A new role, mainly, but I'll have to find new ways to use it. :)

FalseDead

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 31, 2012, 06:23:21 AM »

Today my boss brought his son at work and left me to nurse him. He also brought a nice assemble model of F-117 for his son`s entertainment. Well, here what ISA has now:

F-171 is a phasing missile fighter that heavily relies on carrier support (it has no other weapons, just 4 missiles).

Phasing cloak makes its approach much easier, but it can operate just for ~5 seconds. This means that interceptors will not have trouble with hunting them.

F-171 carries 2 Piranha SRM missiles and 2 Eel SRM missiles. The wing consists of 3 crafts (so its 6 Piranhas and 6 Eels) and is quite expensive in FL (9) and money.

Looks cool but the armament seems a little low for a bomber style craft

Doe's it have a ECGM Mod on it? cause that would certainly make me consider it

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 31, 2012, 06:39:54 AM »

That's a good point, I definitely think it should. After all, the craft you based it on was a real pioneer in Electronics tech.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 281