Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638801 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 2.8 (0.53.1a with campaign)
« Reply #555 on: August 20, 2012, 12:50:27 PM »

Finished all RSF-base freighters. Miners and mercs remain.

Frigate, DE and CR sized freighters and a FR-sized passenger ferry. Was thinking about luxury cruiser, but dont know if it would be of any fun :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 12:52:35 PM by Okim »

robokill

• Captain
  • Hey, over there stop looking at my guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 20, 2012, 12:51:08 PM »

astral style side deck with flat extinsion alos on the energy cruiser there a mount on the back with no gun in it

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #557 on: August 20, 2012, 12:55:04 PM »

Thanks.

robokill

• Captain
  • Hey, over there stop looking at my guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 20, 2012, 01:00:18 PM »

i just had an idea for a huge isa combat frieghter styled like the spaz frieghter

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 20, 2012, 01:44:17 PM »

Great!  More RSF ship for me to blow up. :)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 20, 2012, 02:18:54 PM »

I really liked the flat deck of the RSF carrier, it really gave it a 'IM A CARRIER DAMNIT' feel, and I think it looked really good ingame

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #561 on: August 20, 2012, 02:27:25 PM »

Hm. Didn`t expect such a majority for flat deck. Nice to know that my initial idea got such support.

I`ll try my best to preserve the look of the original carrier while respriting it.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 20, 2012, 02:32:50 PM »

OH, and by they way, when you re-do teh .ship file for it, try to give it two flight decks instead of one.  Carriers these days can launch two fighter jets at the same time, one from the main front one, and another from the diagonal deck.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 20, 2012, 06:38:57 PM »

Flat deck with the same sort of enclosed maintenance hangers as the old one!  I get the feeling that the RSF would have alert pilots on pre-launch sitting out on the flight deck ready to jump into action as and when needed whereas the yanks would keep them safely in launch tubes away from any potential crossfire:  Purely lore/fluff but that's how I imagined it when I saw the design to begin with!

Also, I'm with soldier here, two flight decks would greatly reduce the pointless 'collateral damage' that occurs to the wings that wait patiently by the ship in a fierce warzone so that they can land;
Since there's no way to (that I know of yet) have as much FP in wings embarked awaiting repairs as the ship has hangar space available, they just sit there getting pasted for no good reason while the single bay is free :(

Maybe a balance issue though with wing recycle time, idk?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #564 on: August 20, 2012, 09:39:27 PM »

Original carrier has 3 access points, so there should not be a problem with fighters landing on it.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #565 on: August 21, 2012, 01:51:17 AM »

I still can't figure out the mule variant issue

Just went through every variant file to see if I could find it.....

HELP :'(

Seems that i figured out your problem. Go to saves/mission folder and remove ALL subfolders with mission names there. These are your custom made variants that were stored from various versions of the mod. Removing those should delete any references to the outdated  and missing 'Null' hull variants for Mule and others.

A reset button that was supposed to remove your modifications for some reason does not work with my mod.

FalseDead

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 21, 2012, 07:03:19 AM »

Just found the problem

Alex added the mule combat freighter in the most recent update

It's variant is mule_standard, it has 2 heat-seekers, and it has more weapons slot's then your mule.....

Your mule freighter, I think, was trying to load it's information.....

That's why I couldn't find the problem in your mod...... it wasn't your problem
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:18:54 AM by FalseDead »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #567 on: August 21, 2012, 08:30:54 AM »

I see. I`ve removed the original Mule from the current version. It was replaced by the Ox megafreighter :)
Mule is now a small-medium freighter wuth unique name (cargo1).

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #568 on: August 24, 2012, 01:08:22 AM »

Hi all.

I`ve finally came up with the idea of the other two major factions.

The first one i`ve already shown and even mentioned its short name. Its XLE or Xing Lao Empire.
XLE originates form CPR (China Peoples Republic). Long before the first colonisation of space China and its nearby allied nations (and not so allied nations including Japan) formed a new union that`s being called Xing Lao Empire (xinglao its something like 'star throne' or close to 'universe' if i got it right).

XLE uses extravagant ship designs resembling various dragon-like creatures. In fact their ship hull names are being picked with the inspiration of dragons and other similar reptilian creatures be they myth or real.

XLE weapon range is focused on laser beam weapons (a result of a long collaboration with RSF) and small caliber autocannons. The Scorcher shown recently is their powerful laser beam weapon used to cut through armor (High Explosive damage). They wil have a laser beam pd weapons that act like vanilla Guardian system. In addition there will be a powerful Charged Bolt Cannon that is a burst fire (6 shots) ballistic weapon with energy damage and a powerful Magna Cannon that is an energy, but with High Explosive damage and AOE. Missiles will include Fang Kinetic rockets, Talon Mircomissiles that equally good againt fighters and ships.

Ships will use mostly hardpoint large and medium weapons facing forward. Almost all ships will get active flare launchers.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:27:13 AM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #569 on: August 24, 2012, 01:26:04 AM »

The other faction is going to be called UIN thats a short for United Interstellar Nations. This faction is based on current EU plus some nearby countries.

UIN are quite advanced and are the only faction that uses massdriver technology. In addition they will have powerful particle beams and cannons that deal kinetic damage. Anti-armor section will include standard ballistic cannons (2 pdr, 6 pdr, 60 pdr) and powerful missile ordnance. They will get the most variable pd weapons ranging from Vickers Space Guns (analogue to RSF 14mm defence gun) and Bofors defence guns to powerful FLAKs.

Ships will be designed with a heavy focus on broadside engagements. All except for frigates that will mostly come with small weapons. All fighters will carry at least one missile-base small weapon. Hulls are going to be named after countries that formed this alliance.

Diplomatic status of the factions:

UIN and ISA are allies, they provide each other with ships and weapons (so an ISA cruiser with massdrivers or UIN coloured will be a common site)
XLE is neutral to UIN.
XLE and RSF are allies. They will interchange only weapons.
UIN is neutral to RSF.
ISA and RSF are in a cold war status (meaning that there is no global open warfare, but small local battles, raids, ambushes in ISA or RSF controlled space or in neutral territory are quite common).

EACH faction will have 40 weapons (except Aliens that will remain with their few weps they have now) with different properties and at least 1 ship in each class (except for pirates who wont have a cap ship). This will bring the mod to 160+ weapons.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 02:09:20 AM by Okim »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 281