Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638553 times)

Hopelessnoob

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 2.7 (0.52.1a with campaign)
« Reply #390 on: June 21, 2012, 06:03:59 PM »

Having a bit of a problem playing this mod, game never even starts to load. this is the error message i get when it crashes.

Fatal: Ship Hull spec [punisher] not found!
check starfarer.log for more information.

Sadly this isn't actually made so i can't find more information game doesn't even start

FalseDead

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 21, 2012, 09:52:32 PM »

So this is gonna be my "concern" post

Please don't be offended by anything below,nor think I am demanding or complaining, I enjoy this mod and I generally have no "real" complaints, just concerns

I am worried  about the balancing on RSF vs. ISA ships/weapons

RSF has better shields( efficiency wise and arc wise), better armor, a large amount of low OP weapons that are equal too or better than ISA weapons, generally longer weapons range, and they also appear to have better flux rates/ flux capacity

Using predesigned ISA variants tend virtually negate ISA hulls shields by virtue of their emphasis on energy weapons and rapid fire weapons and while the fact that they are Omni makes that a little less concerning they still are more prone to flux overloads than RSF (ISA doesn't have the armor to turn off shields to allow flux drain)

ISA's missiles are more expensive for less bang and marginal speed/tracking increase. Why is a barracuda 2 round launcher, which does a 150 less damage and has a almost unnoticeable tracking/speed increase, cost 2 OP more than the equivalent killer wasp launcher?

Regarding Hull configuration I think there is a possibility that the  California should be entirely composed of universal turrets. On a Frigate hull small energy weapons don't have enough range, power and are energy inefficient .

Virtually any RSF small gun has better range, damage, OP cost, and Flux/shot than ANY ISA light energy turret.

That said small energy weapon size, damage, OP and range is generally fine on larger hulls where the range increase hull-mod gives a bigger benefit, the price for additional ammo for ballistics increases, and the hulls larger flux levels/ flux drain allow them to fire more frequently without too many issues (except flux overload)

On a final note it might be a good idea to compare the 125mm cannon to the 6inch gun

The OP costs seem kinda off when comparing their respective stats
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:05:10 PM by FalseDead »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #392 on: June 21, 2012, 11:53:32 PM »

Having a bit of a problem playing this mod, game never even starts to load. this is the error message i get when it crashes.

Fatal: Ship Hull spec [punisher] not found!
check starfarer.log for more information.

Sadly this isn't actually made so i can't find more information game doesn't even start

Remove the whole mod`s folder and reinstall it.

gozer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 29, 2012, 05:10:43 AM »

the Stalker class carrier (alien) seems to have zero hangar space ... is that intentional?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #394 on: June 29, 2012, 05:35:11 AM »

No, its not. Thanks.

flopsies

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 07, 2012, 11:08:10 PM »

oh yeah you're that total conversion guy for SOTS prime.  I got a question, as a member of the kerberos forums, is this Alex guy the creator of the game? If so, is he kind of like Mecron?

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 10, 2012, 05:53:33 AM »

oh yeah you're that total conversion guy for SOTS prime.  I got a question, as a member of the kerberos forums, is this Alex guy the creator of the game? If so, is he kind of like Mecron?
Yep, but Mecron is only CEO. While Alex do everything.

Okim, from the looks of it, you will have to create ISA dreadnought, because RSF already have one, and Alien Mothership will be reworked you said.

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #397 on: July 15, 2012, 05:03:33 AM »

Just got back from 2-weeks vacation. Hoped to see 0.53a varsion released. Pity it is not out yet...

Dread for ISA is unlikely. Their strategy is based on carriers and fighters. A new capital carrier is likely to be done.

Mecron seems to have a dislike for modders and Alex effectiveley supports them (us) :)

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 16, 2012, 12:31:24 AM »

Just got back from 2-weeks vacation. Hoped to see 0.53a varsion released. Pity it is not out yet...
You know, it takes time :)

Dread for ISA is unlikely. Their strategy is based on carriers and fighters. A new capital carrier is likely to be done.
Dreadnought sized ISA Carrier... Sounds Nice :) I sure you will need a 0.53 for it to launch unlimited amount of drones/fighets/bombers :)

Mecron seems to have a dislike for modders and Alex effectiveley supports them (us) :)
More like Mecron doesn't cares about us, while Alex do :)

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #399 on: July 16, 2012, 08:13:08 AM »

Well, it was anounced a long time ago... so i though that it will be released during my vacation :)

Definitely not dread sized carrier. Something like current ISA battleship.

Man, i just need barrel animation in SOTS prime and an ability to add new weapon mount types... It was asked repeatedly from the very beginning, but never was done. Nevertheless Kludgy did a lot of things to support modders (for example externalised tech priority list).

gozer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 16, 2012, 10:51:51 PM »

Man, i just need barrel animation in SOTS prime and an ability to add new weapon mount types... It was asked repeatedly from the very beginning, but never was done. Nevertheless Kludgy did a lot of things to support modders (for example externalised tech priority list).

no wonder Mecron dislikes modders .... SOTS1 with mods is awesome game, while SOTS2 even after all the time spent fixing it is still colossal *** and modders wouldn't touch it with 10ft pole (quite understandable, it is hard to mod something that gets updated nearly every week, making mods immediately obsolete/unplayable/...). As company CO it is pretty much job requirement to dislike people who make your old game better and better, which makes your new game look more and more like some unfinished beta version with half the depth and features the old modded game already had years ago.

I wish Kerberos would finally give up on SOTS2 (or at least pull some resources away from it) and start working on Northstar
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:56:38 PM by gozer »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #401 on: July 17, 2012, 05:07:16 AM »

Just noticed that Vandala and The Soldier got banned. I wonder what for?

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 17, 2012, 05:34:28 AM »

The locked thread in the discussions.
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

What do you call a dog who's a magician? A labracadabra

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #403 on: July 17, 2012, 06:28:00 AM »

Hm. It must have been deleted entirely as i can`t find it there (at least in the period of my 2 week absence).

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 17, 2012, 06:32:27 AM »

Hm. It must have been deleted entirely as i can`t find it there (at least in the period of my 2 week absence).

Well, all of that content has indeed been deleted by the mod(s).

And The Soldier got banned for spamming a mod, i believe (or something like that, yes)
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 281