Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638425 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 2.2 (0.51a with campaign)
« Reply #210 on: March 29, 2012, 03:57:10 AM »

Look at heavy autocannon files (both weapon and graphics).

Weapon file will contain turret and hardpoint offsets. Those are coordinate of muzzle points of each barrel.

Sprites are divided into turret and recoil where recoil is your barrels. Offsets use this sprite for coordinates.

Each offset must be put close to a barrel in order for it to play a recoil animation. Use ship editor provided somewhere here to help figure out the proper coordinates. (note that turret`s center is a center of image, while hardpoint uses sprite`s bottom side as a center).

Animation type (alternating, alternating burst, linked) is used to make a weapon to fire from each barrel per shot, per burst or simultaneously. Look at Hephest cannon for alternating fire type with continuous fire and at heavy autocannon for fire-and-reload alternating type. Dual machinegun is a good example of alternating burst fire.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 03:59:21 AM by Okim »

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 29, 2012, 11:30:45 AM »

really nice mod i have been able to get a fleet up to 199 points so far and have destroyed 2 or 3 mother ships with it. with minimal casualties. the first time i engaged one i was a bit freaked out LOL since it was killing fighters like a hot knife threw butter at first. but its hulking mass of armor finally failed it.

few things i would like to critique though.

starting off. can be very difficult as there are very few fleets moving threw space. and even fewer 1-2 ship ISA fleets. i found myself more than once just waiting for a fleet to attack to show up.

mid game. ISA got PWNED by RSF and had 0 fleets on the board unless they came from off map.. which then proceeded to be *** rather fast.

late game. ISA still has 0 presence and i now also wait for aliens to show up LOL.

also patiently waiting those capital ships. battleships make my mouth water.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #212 on: March 29, 2012, 12:28:58 PM »

I see your point.

I still have to play through the mod from the very first frigate to the massive armadas. ISA and ALIENS will get their fleets spawn faster. RSF will have a reduced number of SD fleets.

I was thinking to add several gunships to the starting fleet so that you could combat ISA patrols without first growing on scouts. A single RSF Raptor-M makes the difference in combat against 3-4 ISA frigates. I just need to make sure this wont make start very easy.

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 30, 2012, 07:15:12 AM »

After (extensively) playing the campaign, I must say, this mod is absolutely wonderful. Sure starting off is a wee bit tricky, but I find that added to the fun for me.

Only real complaints that I have are the rather low spawn rates of things to shoot at, and the fact that the really big ships can't be bought yet. Though those are more problems with balance and larger development priorities I would imagine.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #214 on: March 30, 2012, 08:11:48 AM »

Really big things are not present in the campaign (they are still using old sprites). Just everything shown on the first page was added.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #215 on: March 30, 2012, 04:40:04 PM »

Barnaul-Class Heavy Cruiser. Also known as Blazer.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 30, 2012, 06:11:25 PM »

the RSF needs the tupolev ANT-20 equivalent for a transport LOL. because in soviet Russia everything needs to be larger and therefor better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_ANT-20

also
It was intended for Stalinist propaganda purposes and was equipped with a powerful radio set called "Voice from the sky", printing machinery, library, radiostations, photographic laboratory, and a film projector with sound for showing movies in flight. For the first time in aviation history, this aircraft was equipped with a ladder, which would fold itself and become a part of the floor.

Also, for the first time in aviation history, the aircraft used not only direct current, but alternating current of 120 volts, as well. The aircraft could be disassembled and transported by railroad if needed. The aircraft set a number of carrying capacity world records and is also the subject of a 1934 painting by Vasily Kuptsov, in the collection of the Russian Museum at St. Petersburg.

this is a picture not the painting.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 06:13:50 PM by arwan »
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 30, 2012, 11:46:07 PM »

That is a beautiful plane. lots of interesting nitches it has too!

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #218 on: March 31, 2012, 02:30:48 AM »

And what role should that vessel have in space navy?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 31, 2012, 02:33:29 AM »

And what role should that vessel have in space navy?

Emm.... Trooptransport? ;D

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #220 on: March 31, 2012, 03:05:44 AM »

Brrr. In any case it doesn`t fit into current RSF designs i have.

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 31, 2012, 03:20:54 AM »

will you be getting to battleships? Or are you satisfied with just this?

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 31, 2012, 06:12:52 AM »

Brrr. In any case it doesn`t fit into current RSF designs i have.

it could, just change a gunship and turn into a shuttle or make a new cargo ship and change it to create a massive transport, ofc idk if it will ever be necessary but i guess you might need to board stations or fill your stations with soldiers when the "outposts" became available

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 31, 2012, 06:36:40 AM »

I'm rather interested too to see battleships of RSA and ISA too.
Fight between RSA, ISA and ALIEN must go in its own universe, without any Hegemony, Gun Runners or other races.
Great job Okim! It also gives me slight feeling of what I have seen in games "Tomorrow War" and "Tomorrow War: Factor K", eternal opposition between "United Nations" and "Great Concordia". But in more strategic perspective.

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 31, 2012, 08:13:10 AM »

I'm rather interested too to see battleships of RSA and ISA too.
Fight between RSA, ISA and ALIEN must go in its own universe, without any Hegemony, Gun Runners or other races.
Great job Okim! It also gives me slight feeling of what I have seen in games "Tomorrow War" and "Tomorrow War: Factor K", eternal opposition between "United Nations" and "Great Concordia". But in more strategic perspective.

I could see is ur mod with hes on the same universe, actually it would really fit there
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 281