Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638463 times)

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod
« Reply #4155 on: April 28, 2017, 06:06:05 AM »

Wait, you re-wrote the markets?

Aren't menaces just "regular" factions...or are they using their own special code, outside FleetSpawner?
I know you have new commodities (lobster), but outside of that you have special code for economy?

Hull mods and ship systems - the code for those should still be valid.

custom ships, mining, ships as reward, resources (???).... all of that can wait

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #4156 on: April 28, 2017, 06:31:56 AM »

Wait, you re-wrote the markets?

Aren't menaces just "regular" factions...or are they using their own special code, outside FleetSpawner?
I know you have new commodities (lobster), but outside of that you have special code for economy?

Hull mods and ship systems - the code for those should still be valid.

custom ships, mining, ships as reward, resources (???).... all of that can wait

Yeah, completelly rewrote each and every market to include many Ironclad-specific resources.
Rewrote almost every condition.
Also added a hell lot of new markets and conditions.
Elso events were adjusted in some way.
Also fleet spawner itself had smth very specific there tied to factions.
Menaces are script-spawned with various checks and conditions as far as i remember.
Also custom dialogues. Entire starting options set up.

There are tons of tweaks that make rehauling a tedios and very time-consuming work. It would be easier to just import hulls, wings, weapons and variants and start from fresh rather than to mess with all that.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #4157 on: April 28, 2017, 06:34:23 AM »

Hull mods need to be merged as Ironclads replace or adjust many original ones.
And basically each hull has a built-in hull mod of sorts.

Same goes for systems.

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: April 28, 2017, 07:28:31 AM »

Maybe as a step you could release the factions ships weapons, etc. to work in the vanilla campaign

Or are the weapons and ships etc not balanced in vanilla
May the fry be with you.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: April 28, 2017, 10:33:05 AM »

Yeah, I'm working on making the basics (Factions - includes mods, items, weapons, etc) working.

Will have to see about markets, definately have to include the Lobster :P

The question is - to add them to Vanilla (place the 4 factions in a corner somewhere) or to replace vanilla? Methinks going for 2 is better, and anyone who wants them can easily make it work in vanilla with only minor tweaks

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: April 28, 2017, 11:07:08 AM »

Balance is way different than vanilla's one, so I'd rather have Ironclads replace it.

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: April 28, 2017, 01:19:15 PM »

Yeah, I'm working on making the basics (Factions - includes mods, items, weapons, etc) working.

Will have to see about markets, definately have to include the Lobster :P

The question is - to add them to Vanilla (place the 4 factions in a corner somewhere) or to replace vanilla? Methinks going for 2 is better, and anyone who wants them can easily make it work in vanilla with only minor tweaks
I'm also taking a stab at porting/rebalancing everything to 0.8, but I'm new at modding SS. TC makes the most sense for Ironclads, since they would be overpowered in vanilla, or require an increased size on all ships (all frigates become destroyers, destroyers become cruisers, etc). The markets don't seem to be too bad, but as Okim said is tedious and requires a fair bit of time to redo.

FleetSpawner was responsible for spawning pirates (all 3 factions), AI, aliens, raiding fleets, rock flies, and the RSF and ISA battle fleets. I don't think that will be too bad either, I tweaked the code for myself in previous versions to make more pirates spawn in smaller fleets to smooth out the earlygame.

The custom bounty missions which never actually got bug free (the ones with reward of a new ship) would be something I'm not sure how to redo. Also a lot of the stuff in rules.csv I don't really know either, but that has mostly been covered in 0.8.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: April 29, 2017, 04:24:31 AM »

Yup, converting everything would be a pain and too much work.

Will create a new thread for this "port" at Okims request.

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: April 29, 2017, 08:20:27 AM »

I play a lot IC, as my home PC can't handle fully modded SS. This made me invest considerable amount of time to re-integrate VNC in 0.7.2 and add two more factions, one of them with quite distinctive features like matryoshka style drone swarms and evolving ships (still a lot of work to do). Given how well 0.8 new features fit all this i will definitely do my best to port IC to it. Still my scrappy knowledge of Java won't allow me to do it fast.

I also wanted for a long time to try to implement piracy in SS. What we have now is not even the behavior of privateers, but something more suitable for military raiders, that depend on being a part of a state army to survive. I want to replace this with several types of behaviors:

- Faction spawned military raiders (current "piracy")
- Privateers, that accept to obey some rules and limitations to receive funding, bounties and protection from one of the factions. Give chance to bribe your way out (dialog options when attacked by one or attacking as one). Being caught in attacking units of the commissioning faction, it's allies or neutral ones leads to being branded as pirate (revoked commission, your standings with main factions synced to theirs with Pirate faction without changing your standing with pirates, also bounty is placed on your head)
- Pirate syndicates. Have to be completely self reliant, so unlike previous ones their main goal is getting income, instead of disrupting trade or destroying enemy logistics. Sell logistical services to pirate fleets. Organize the trade with syndicate insurance policies. Those allow to avoid attacks for some time but are considered contraband and confiscated on main faction scan. Have different priced varieties covering different fleet value ranges that last three months and be brought via com dialog on planets with black markets for a price that is modified by your standing with pirates (and if your standing with pirates is above vengeance). If piracy target has no insurance or it's policy does not cover it's value an emergency one month policy can be brought for dynamic price from attacking pirate (dialog options when attacked or attacking while being pirate faction member). When playing as pirate you get bounty for scanning each fleet that has insurance policy and 50% share in emergency policy sales. Being caught in attacking target with a policy results trowing you out of the syndicate and vengeance with pirates.
- Mad dogs. No rules for those and no rules for handling them. May offer to let you for a price or for a ship from your fleet. Or may not, nobody can fortell what their agenda is. Intercepting non-hostile target as a player without being pirate or having commission gives you mad dog options in menu.

A total conversion with relatively little dev activity may be much better place to refine this, compared to the mainstream.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 09:18:13 AM by DinoZavarski »
Me no know, me no understand, me just root...

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: May 01, 2017, 07:50:59 AM »

Hey, Okim. Can you remind me how you defined the factions star systems? I can only find Lomonosov in the files.
All others have economy files, but no actual system definitions (planets, outposts, asteroids and such)

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: May 01, 2017, 10:48:24 AM »

I think system generation is handled through code now, both in vanilla and the previous version of Ironclads. I see the capital systems defined in the code at least. Was the rest procedurally generated?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #4166 on: May 01, 2017, 11:48:44 AM »

Hey, Okim. Can you remind me how you defined the factions star systems? I can only find Lomonosov in the files.
All others have economy files, but no actual system definitions (planets, outposts, asteroids and such)

There are just 4 systems in the game that are customised. Everything else the mod generates at random given the specific grid coordinate system and specific amounts of controllable by each faction systems.

The map is always different, but the each faction`s sector of map is always the same.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #4167 on: May 01, 2017, 11:53:15 AM »

Generator picks a specific star at random for each star from the list of 4 main types - blue, white, orange and red.

Each system is then generated according to the type. Yellow have habbitable worlds, blue have radiated and rich worlds, whites are mostly made of dust and desert worlds. Reds are asteroid-rich, cold and with abundance of gas giants.

Generetor than places markets on random planets according to planet type, faction and presence of other colonies. Starts from habbitable worlds making them residential, political, military and spacedock centers. Then procedes to mines, farms, factories and etc.

After that pirates come in - they get some very bad planets on distant orbits. Then wrecks, abandoned stations, salvage and etc. comes in.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 11:58:19 AM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #4168 on: May 01, 2017, 11:55:53 AM »

All the system files, random generators, markets, planet types and system types and etc are in jars. These can`t be modified untill you get yourself a proper utility to do that and set up the stuff as needed.

As i said - Ironclads is way easier to just write from scratch according to what 0.8 has to offer rather than digging into it in hopes to modify the old data for new stuff.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: May 02, 2017, 01:20:29 AM »

So I'm better off just making the sytems myself... alrighty.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 281