Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1642176 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 2.1 (0.51a NO campaign)
« Reply #165 on: March 15, 2012, 02:11:51 PM »

You are going for a total conversion, aren't you? :D

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #166 on: March 15, 2012, 02:23:32 PM »

Yeah, i`ve spent the whole day clearing the Corvus and re-populating it with my factions :)

Currently i`m very close to finishing the campaign mode with two factions having bases, convoys, defence fleets and patrols and one faction having nothing except invading scouts, abductors and motherships that will despawn after some time.

All that`s left are indies with their own base that will have its own convoys and all available weapons.

P.S.: Yes, the main goal is to make my own little universe in this game (while stil allowing players to pick up some original ships and weapons).

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #167 on: March 15, 2012, 02:35:25 PM »

New Alien sprites:

Harpoon pods are just for testing. Aliens will have a smart missile that will look like a half-circle with a drive in the middle and small green visor.

Aliens use inertialess drives and are the best dodgers in the mod (making non-beam or non-burst weapons useless against them). You can test their abilities in uploaded 2.1 version in Beast Hunt mission. Beware - they are deadly!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 02:38:42 PM by Okim »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 15, 2012, 02:39:20 PM »

Yeah, i`ve spent the whole day clearing the Corvus and re-populating it with my factions :)

Currently i`m very close to finishing the campaign mode with two factions having bases, convoys, defence fleets and patrols and one faction having nothing except invading scouts, abductors and motherships that will despawn after some time.

All that`s left are indies with their own base that will have its own convoys and all available weapons.

P.S.: Yes, the main goal is to make my own little universe in this game (while stil allowing players to pick up some original ships and weapons).

Well, congrats on you sir, I'm waiting until the game is a little more developed until I start making mine TC :D

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #169 on: March 15, 2012, 04:09:18 PM »

Perhaps its better to start working on it now. By the time when SF will get a little bit more developed you`ll have a base set of skills and understanding how do mod SF.

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 15, 2012, 04:13:08 PM »

Perhaps its better to start working on it now. By the time when SF will get a little bit more developed you`ll have a base set of skills and understanding how do mod SF.
I've mainly been working on sprites that fit the look of the game, mainly copy pasting different bits, but I've been getting better at it I think.
practice makes perfect.

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=1131.0
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2012, 07:23:10 PM »

I personally think you should just go all the way, forget the original stuff :p. Feels MORE interesting that way methinks.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #172 on: March 15, 2012, 09:55:45 PM »

People wont like modded-only stuff. Someone may have a favourite ship that he wishes to throw against RSF, ISA or Aliens with mod`s new weapons, for example.

That`s what independents in Ironclads are.

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2012, 12:08:47 AM »

People wont like modded-only stuff. Someone may have a favourite ship that he wishes to throw against RSF, ISA or Aliens with mod`s new weapons, for example.

That`s what independents in Ironclads are.

Personally, I do like full conversions rather than including some basic stuff as well. For one thing, given your ships tend to have a pretty different feel from the ships in the basic game, I'm thinking the interaction between the two may just feel weird.

Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to trying out your campaign mode!

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2012, 12:17:27 AM »

Mhm, that's pretty much how I feel. They're very different, which is why I think total conversion in the purest sense would be best.

You could always do a random vs Ironclads mission ^_^. But of course, it's up to you.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2012, 12:24:02 AM »

Such mission was reintroduced with the last 2.1 version. It was the first to come when the mod was created.

So total conversion, yeh? Ok. I was planning to make pirates rather than indies and perhaps i`ll stick to them. However i might come out with a new indie faction of sorts in the future running on outdated non-faction-colored (silver ISA, black RSF) ships. Hmm... need to think of it.

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2012, 12:56:55 AM »

Something that annoyed me a little bit - the unions of the flags should always be facing the 'wind', even if this means they are backwards. " this is to give the impression of the flag moving forward with the wearer", according to wikipedia's article on bdus.

You see it similarly in this amazing picture of the space shuttle - http://actv7news.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/space-shuttle-2865.jpg
similarly, http://okim.nickersonm.com/SF/pic25.jpg in that picture the union should be on the left, as you would normally see a flag on a wall.

I really do love the ship design in general though - More turreted weapons, similar to today's navy, looks really nice in the game. I do hope to see the mod moved to campaign sometime; It looks amazing so far
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 01:00:32 AM by lancefighter »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2012, 03:21:17 AM »

Campaign is ~75% redone. It will include 3 factions and 2 bases. Later i`ll expand it with pirate faction and their base.  I`m stuck with an anomalous behaviour of ships on strategic level. They don`t accelerate to 100% speed for some reason. Even in deep space with no planets/asteroids around.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2012, 03:23:22 AM »

Let me give you an explanation of Why I was waiting for the game to finish up a bit? Well, there's going to be phaseships latwr. Worthwile the waiting :D

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2012, 03:26:28 AM »

Dont make the aliens despawn just have them suicide into large fleets--it will be annoying to hunt after that bastard alien MS that got away and having it despawn on you.

I want to see your capitals in action on the campaign map and if your going to leave out the vanilla ships make sure theres a good variety available even if its just faction specific. Flying the same 13 ships over and over while fighting the same 13 ships over and over will get old real fast.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 281