Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638456 times)

Ahne

• Captain
    • View Profile

Great work Okim!

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!! Time for a new game!
Ignorance is bliss..

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff

Start as bounty hunter - so much fun staying in the shade of local patrols :D

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile

is there a way i can fix the white screen issue? the game runs fine even on my 32bit system; the only issue is i think the backgrounds for this mod are too graphically intense or something. is there a way to make them all plain black? can i force it to use vanilla backgrounds?

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I do not think changing backgrounds to vanilla ones would fix your problem, but I might be wrong. You can replace background in "Starsector\mods\ironclads2\graphics\backgrounds" with the vanilla ones found in "Starsector\starsector-core\graphics\backgrounds". Obviously vanilla does not have as many as Ironclads, so you would have to duplicate some.

But instead of doing that, you could save the ironclad background with jpg quality 93, which is what the vanilla backgrounds use. It will lower the backgrounds size to 1/4 of the original, since Okim uses the sweet 98 quality.
Ignorance is bliss..

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

Don't lower the jpg quality, no matter what.  They're jpg files because png files of that size are very large and would bloat the game's download size.

Once the image is loaded, it's a bitmap on your graphics card; no matter how small the real file is, in the end it uses up width * height * 3 bytes minimum.  Even a 4096x4096 image is only about 48MB by that metric, though, so the real problem is probably your graphics device being unable to support 4K X 4K images.

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile

yea i chose the background i liked most from ironclads, made 32 copies, and renamed them accordingly. no luck! i guess ill try changing the quality, even though it probably wont work. worth a shot for such an awesome mod! sadly if i want to play it ill probably have to use a super outdated version of it starsector, and lose out on the awesome updates to both.

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile

also is there a way to have it not load as a 4k x 4k image?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff

Ironclads 10.4 version is up: https://yadi.sk/d/7hvYORIDqaNKM

Introduces a switch in settings.json file ("backgrounds": true) that can be set to false to make the game use original backgrounds instead of heavy Ironclads` ones.

Note - this will work only with new game :/

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile

omg you rock!!!!! thank you so much!!!!!

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Don't lower the jpg quality, no matter what.  They're jpg files because png files of that size are very large and would bloat the game's download size.

Once the image is loaded, it's a bitmap on your graphics card; no matter how small the real file is, in the end it uses up width * height * 3 bytes minimum.  Even a 4096x4096 image is only about 48MB by that metric, though, so the real problem is probably your graphics device being unable to support 4K X 4K images.

So the GPU cares for the pixel amount and not the type of image. Living and learning for sure.
Ignorance is bliss..

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile

not sure if this matters, but i thought id share: ironclads sans the bg update seems to run even smoother than vanilla starsector... i wonder why that is?

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Ironclads 10.4 version is up: https://yadi.sk/d/7hvYORIDqaNKM

Introduces a switch in settings.json file ("backgrounds": true) that can be set to false to make the game use original backgrounds instead of heavy Ironclads` ones.

Note - this will work only with new game :/

Is that the only change?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff

For 10.4 - yes. For 10.3 there were many major changes.

Black Crag

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I have a save game from version 10.2. Do i lose any features from this new update if i play on it?
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 281