Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1643018 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads TC 9 (8/3/2015) [0.65.2a] - ship requisition system
« Reply #3825 on: March 19, 2015, 10:16:54 PM »

In a PersonalBounty script which resides in a jar and can`t be used outside it.

Well bollocks.
Any chance you'll put them outside of the .jar?

AFAIK these can`t work outside the jar, so i can`t do anything here.

I think that i can export the procedure that picks the ships as rewards in a separate class that i can leave outside the jar. Will try to do that today.

Midline is close to Grant and probably falls under the FTL transmittion range of it`s relay station.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3826 on: March 20, 2015, 01:17:41 AM »

OK, I can`t export the class out of jar. IntelijIDEA throws errors at me after failing to find it inside the jar.

So it is either impossible to do or I have no idea how to make IDEA exclude some parts of the code from being compiled (I can exclude whole files).

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: March 20, 2015, 02:46:44 AM »

Bummer....hmmmm.

But why have a part of the code outside?
All you need is the arguments outside - as in, a file with the list of ships/variables.

So something like
"ISA", "Michigan_std.variant" 10
"ISA", "Iadahoo_std.variant" 5
"RSF", "Novogrod_std.variant" 10
etc..

Basically a script would read the faction, the variant and possibly level.
The logic would be thus:
- creating a bounty for faction RSF, lvl X
- check the external file for RSF ships of appropriate level
- apply
All the actual code would be in the .jar.
This should be doable, but I don't know if it's worth the time investment

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3828 on: March 20, 2015, 03:11:19 AM »

- check the external file for RSF ships of appropriate level

This is what I have troubles with. I can`t force compiler to use external files. It refuses to compile any references to outsource files.

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: March 20, 2015, 03:37:15 AM »

Got a similar problem when I trying to do some thing for Neutrino so I repack the whole JAR to mod it...
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: March 20, 2015, 04:29:42 AM »

Have you tried using netbeans instead?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3831 on: March 21, 2015, 10:51:40 AM »

Tried, but it is too user unfriendly for me. IntIDEA is much more easy to master.

Ok. Releasing the 9.1 version. It adresses the economics (and hopefully the crash/hang bug) and also makes RSF slightly more capable to fight against iSA.

Archive is here: http://www.lordsofthestars.com/other/Sector/ironclads9.1.zip
Full change log: http://www.lordsofthestars.com/other/Sector/readme.txt

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC 9.1 (21/3/2015) [0.65.2a] - new RSF 'doctrine'
« Reply #3832 on: March 21, 2015, 02:30:32 PM »

Haven't had too much time to try and break things, but Planet/Mineral scanners have varying prices if they are on a low stability world. It makes them a cargo you want to take from low stability worlds to high stability worlds. Might want to make these like the scanner ship, where there is a Prospector ship for mineral scanning, and maybe put the planet scanner onto the probing ship, or make a different ship for it.

Things in the economy appear to make more sense, commodities that are demanded tend to have a slightly higher price (scrapyards no longer sell the machinery they need for extremely cheap, for example). Some things still don't quite work out (Food/Domestic Goods don't seem to be in higher or lower demand on the smaller worlds compared to the larger ones). But overall, I think this is an improvement in terms of how the economy works.

It seems like trade disruptions happen a lot at the start of the game (before you get to begin playing/a few months after). I'm guessing it's because there are few patrol fleets within the first bit of game time, so the pirates have free reign for a while.

EDIT: I'm also worried a little bit for the new RSF fleet doctrine. Haven't really gotten to try any serious fighting with or against them, but it seems they are now super vulnerable to heavy HE missiles, exactly like the Barracuda or Tigershark missiles, as they are completely reliant on point defense weapons to survive. I guess RSF point defense weapons are fairly decent. I suppose that if needed, just adding Powered Armor to RSF ships is an option to buff them if you want to keep RSF ships shieldless. I also get the feeling that I'm likely to put Extended Magazines on almost every RSF ship I use.

Also, is there is a reason that Beamers are so much more flux efficient? (they offer quite a lot of damage for every point of flux) I suppose they are more or less the only reason the larger XLE ships work well.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 05:34:34 PM by Pushover »

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: March 22, 2015, 04:31:22 AM »

OK, messed around with the RSF ships a little, my thoughts:

Gunships/Frigates still tend to get screwed by missiles when moving forward because none of their flares launch forward. Destroyers and above are in much better shape against missiles because their flares actually launch forward. I'm not entirely sure destroyers are able to survive dedicated missile spam, but I'll need to build a pile of Indiana C's and fight some RSF ships now. It may come down to simply changing around the AI's ship variants to bring better point defense.

RSF ballistic ships eat through a TON of ammo now, without Extended Magazines you look for the high sustained DPS weapons over anything else really. They might need some changes to their weapons to offer lower DPS in exchange for higher sustained DPS.

RSF ballistic ships have a lot of hullmods that you want. Powered Armor, Extended Magazines, Augmented Engines, Targeting Core are all very useful but take a lot of OP if you want them.

If the Moscow was good before, it's an absolute monster now if fit correctly. Flares reduce a lot of the need for sideways point defense, since missiles have a good chance of hitting a flare from the side. You still need a bit, PD rotary guns do the job of shooting at stuff that got past the flare screen. The 42mm Flak cannons shoot a little too far, but are great for handing frontal point defense. Linked beamers (which could probably be replaced with Laser Beams) do the rest of the point defense. The Moscow's main cannons still run out of ammo quickly, but destroy whatever is in front of it. With Powered Armor the Moscow can take a real beating and survive. Its only real downside now is that without combat skills, it maneuvers like a brick.

On another note, if the particles for the Laser Tri-Beam could be brighter, that would be great. Currently, it looks a little wimpy next to a Linked Beamer when the Tri Beam is doing around 4 times the damage, but has roughly the same brightness.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3834 on: March 22, 2015, 07:24:08 AM »

Just tell me - is it stable?

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: March 22, 2015, 07:40:01 AM »

Have not crashed on either Cold Sands or Dwarf, so ...yes?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3836 on: March 22, 2015, 07:43:05 AM »

Good to know, thanks.

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: March 23, 2015, 06:18:44 PM »

Bunch of minor bugs:

There is still a resupply depot in Shelezyaka and Vega. Can't land on it, but it appears in the system.

Vostok for some reason is named 'military installations', and the description is cut off or something. Everything works fine, though.

At least one of the RSF reward ships has hardened shields built in when it doesn't even have shields. Can just remove it, but it's still useless to begin with.

EDIT: You can also fit a Frontal Shield Generator on a RSF ship with Powered Armor

RSF ships smaller than a cruiser are still having some problems with some of the larger missiles. Just tried to face a Tactical Indiana-C's 4 Tigersharks with a Kursk mod 3, and even when you get the missile to hit the flares, the splash still hits your ship. Still have 4 PD Rotary Guns for point defense, but a Tigershark flies very fast. Maybe I should consider upgrading my frontal guns to Flak, but it's hard to fit everything on RSF ships now.

I would say put Flux costs back onto the energy ballistic weapons, such as the Charged Boltgun. The Flux costs on those felt like part of the balance. Right now, the Charged Boltgun seem very strong on anything you can put it on.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 07:14:41 PM by Pushover »

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: March 24, 2015, 04:26:43 PM »

As an aside, I've noticed the Charged Boltgun always seems to show up in pairs in the Black Market. Just kind of odd to me.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3839 on: March 24, 2015, 10:45:40 PM »

What do you mean by 'pairs'?
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 281