Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1643068 times)

DieselPower

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC 9 (8/3/2015) [0.65.2a] - ship requisition system
« Reply #3795 on: March 12, 2015, 02:05:56 AM »

I'm getting an odd CTD after a couple hours of play. I'm level 3 now and I head to Cold Sands (I've been there before without issue), every panel but the Sell/buy inventory works. I can refit and all, but sell/trade goods panel crashes.

Take a look:

89597 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [music-faction_generic_market_01_neutral.ogg]
89604 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.OooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Playing music with id [music-faction_generic_market_01_neutral.ogg]
92237 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.TradeInfoUpdateEvent  - Picking market updates
92237 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.TradeInfoUpdateEvent  - Adding Heavy Machinery(Cold Sands)
92237 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.TradeInfoUpdateEvent  - Adding Recreational Drugs(Cold Sands)
92237 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.TradeInfoUpdateEvent  - Adding Weapon Components(Cold Sands)
92237 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.TradeInfoUpdateEvent  - Adding Ship Components(Cold Sands)

That's all I get.

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: March 12, 2015, 12:56:09 PM »

Hmm, sounds like they have managed to go below 0 or exceeded 32767 as an integer val?  ???
Maybe a main log report to Alex unless Okim has a clue?  Perhaps sending him a save file might be a good course of action?

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: March 12, 2015, 01:06:46 PM »

That looks like the same problem I encountered, except on Dwarf.

shingekinolinus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
captured rock fly
« Reply #3798 on: March 15, 2015, 07:21:04 PM »

ok, I was playing ironclads and got into a fight with a rock fly
after I disabled it, the ship capture screen comes up and I send in all my crew

and now I have a rock fly flagship :)

just wondering...is this a bug?

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: March 15, 2015, 07:36:45 PM »

ok, I was playing ironclads and got into a fight with a rock fly
after I disabled it, the ship capture screen comes up and I send in all my crew

and now I have a rock fly flagship :)

just wondering...is this a bug?
Well it's a space fly so . . .

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: March 15, 2015, 08:09:45 PM »

Probably.

Also, I see someone else enjoys using custom portraits. +1 for Rei.

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: March 16, 2015, 12:36:27 AM »

I'm not sure if there is a way in mods to prevent boarding operations from taking place. It's possible to capture AI or Alien ships.

The 100 deployment points makes it a little difficult to field, at least.

So having played each of the 4 main factions to the endgame states (Engame for me means I can beat any fleet in the game without losses, with the possible exception of a 3+ Harpoon Wing Marauder Fleet), the ISA now feels easily the strongest in terms of hulls, since the Indiana-C can form the backbone of any fleet, and the Illinois is the best ship in the game when used by a competent player. The F-171 is the most survivable fighter in the game, although it's a little lacking in speed and firepower. All of the fighter wings are fairly good. ISA weapons are lacking in good small slots, but the player can solve that problem by buying elsewhere.
The UIN have the best cruiser hulls and a few specific powerful weapons, such as the Particle Beam and the 60 pound dual siege cannon. The biggest problem they have is a lack of decent HE ballistic or energy weapons. They have a lot of different Kinetic weapons, but with the exception of the 60 pound dual siege cannon and the terminator autocannon, as well as some missile systems, they lack solid HE damage in their fleets. They also have very specialized Frigates.
XLE have some great dueling/solo hulls, as they are maneuverable and the AI understands how to handle them reasonably well. It's really difficult to mount anything but Beamers in the energy weapon slots due to the flux weapons. However, Beamers of all sizes are extremely flux efficient, and I consider them to be among the best weapons in their class. They also offer advanced 42mm autocannon/flak weapons, which are good and flux efficient. Magna Cannons/Heavy Magna Cannons are also good HE weapons.
The RSF has some good weapons but bad hulls.

My one gripe with the Germany is that it doesn't feel much like a broadside ship. You generally want to face the enemy head on, where your forward 4x Small Ballistic mounts can fire, as well as you 2x Large Ballistic mounts. Combined with the support of 4x Small Missile mounts able to hold rockets or torpedoes, and 8x small missile mounts, as well as the 1x Large Missile mount, there is a lot of firepower in the front. I'd much rather see 8x small missile mounts in the front, and have all the mounts along the side be small ballistic slots. That way the front of the ship can still mount a lot of strike weapons, but are used as a finishing blow, somewhat like the Conquest in vanilla.

One small issue I have with the larger RSF ships is that their Large Ballistic mounts that point sideways take forever to face forward. This means that against an AI Novagrad, you get at least 5 seconds of firing on it before it starts to unload its 500 Kinetic DPS from the 2x Quad 50mm Autocannons. Don't know if there's anything in the API for it.

I really think that the FFS have nailed the 'raider' style with their ships and combat doctrine. They mount a lot of Kinetic weapons and high DPS/high flux energy or EMP weapons, and then use missiles to inflict major damage when the shields go down. They are very nasty to face in an unfair fight. By comparison, the Widows tend to get into a brawl with the lower DPS energy weapons, although they have the Barracudas for when shields go down.

I would somewhat like to see Marauder ships have their weapons loadout randomly generated, since they would scavenge whatever ISA/RSF stuff they could find.

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: March 16, 2015, 12:10:05 PM »

This mod did used to include code that stopped alien, rockfly, and ai ships from getting capture at all, though it might have got scrapped? or broken, it seems.

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: March 16, 2015, 01:08:23 PM »

The Micro-Missile battery has lower sustained DPS than the Micro-Missile pod. It only gets half as many missiles recovered, despite being the larger launcher.

SnafuSanfu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: March 16, 2015, 02:53:51 PM »

Hello, I don't know if I got a bad install or what, but there seems to be some discrepancy with the hangar ship stats.

Novgorod Standard Cruiser - 4 hangars (it does look like it has 4 hangars on the ship model, but doesn't seem correct that such a heavy gunship has as much and even more hangar slots compared to dedicated carriers)
Astrakhan Dedicated Carrier - 4 Hangar? (I remember it having 4 or 5, and it has 5 modeled hangars on the ship)
Idaho Class Dedicated Carrier - 3 Hangars!? (I remember this having 4 and it has 4 'ports' modeled on the ship)
Michigan Class Battleship/Carrier 2 Hangars? (I remember it had 4 or 6 before, it has 6 modeled on the ship)

Anyway I can get the old configurations for these ships back?

I really love the mod, but these changes doesn't make sense to me  :P

Also, is there a way you might allow the Russian Destroyers to fit a targeting core? At the moment, they are not as good as the ISA Missile Destroyers (Indiana-C), which can spam Barracuda and Devilfish missiles batteries from 5k away, they also can fit Micro-missile batteries (3 of them) for up close work, which in this case 'up close' means 1000+ meters, whereas the max range you can hope with the RSF Destroyers is around 750 - 1,000m, but with just the main guns, they are also out damaged at closer range by ISA missile destroyers if you fit 3 Unguided Missile Launchers in lieu of guided ones. While it's true that ISA 'gun' destroyers are not very good as well, we also know that it's not ISA's focus, and as previously hinted the missile variants are amazing.

Also, I'm not sure but didn't the Connecticut missile frigate and Indiana C Missile Destroyer had some sort of cool-down system for missiles?

Other weird bugs:

Whenever I use the Argos shipyard/planet and use the 'trade/hire' command I crash to desktop and get a java error, I can still buy ships normally and I can still buy weapons through the 'make use of the dockyard fitting facilities', but as mentioned I get a CTD whenever I use the trade/hire command.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 03:04:03 PM by SnafuSanfu »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: March 16, 2015, 03:18:11 PM »

I wouldn't really count the Novgorod as having any hangers, since every RSF ship seems to have the same decorations.

Idaho technically has three openings - two on the left side and one on the front (probably similar to the Astrakhan's larger opening, lore-wise to service the larger fighter and bomber craft).

I do remember the Michigan having 6 flight decks, but the balance hammer came to it and wisely made it two flight decks.  Having a capital ship being able to service an entire fleet of fighters was just overpowered as hell.  Same with the Astrakhan.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 03:20:24 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

SnafuSanfu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: March 16, 2015, 05:04:04 PM »

I see 4 opening on the Idaho 2 on top close together and 2 on the left side slightly apart and as mentioned I do not know if the Novgorod was intentionally given 4 hangar slot when the dedicated carriers only have 4 and 3 slot.

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: March 16, 2015, 05:17:21 PM »

As for the Fast Missile Racks, they were removed last patch since Okim changed the missile system to regenerate missiles over time.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: March 16, 2015, 05:29:02 PM »

I see 4 opening on the Idaho 2 on top close together and 2 on the left side slightly apart and as mentioned I do not know if the Novgorod was intentionally given 4 hangar slot when the dedicated carriers only have 4 and 3 slot.
Yea, but the front "two" on the top are one opening - look at the texturing right below it.  Like I said, it's probably meant to service the larger fighters, lore-wise.

Also, I did just check the Novgorod, it does indeed have 4 flight decks.  Rather odd, I agree, since the Astrakhan has 4 as well.  In any case, they should either be removed or bumped down to 1 flight deck to match up with the general feel of the RSF.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3809 on: March 17, 2015, 02:33:23 AM »

Novgorod having 4 hangars is a bug. And I don`t recall actually adding these to Novgorod.

Michigan having just 2 is a feature. It is not a combat carrier - it is a battleship with a limited fighter support role. Idaho is the main carrier for ISA, always was and will always be.

Capturable Rock Fly is a not-yet-finished feature. Lore wise once you 'capture' the Fly you 'hack' it and put some hardware on it to turn it into your ship (code-wise it will be an instant transition of the skins once you fly in space a bit). If this feature will not work as intended - I`ll put a destructor script on it that instantly detonates it once it is disabled (leading to low loot amounts though).

AI/Aliens are capturable and will remain so. Once captured you can`t do much with their ships as all their guns are built-in and there are just a couple of OP (or none) available for other things.

Crash/han? on some markets is a result of me stupidly following the request to 'balance' the economy system (which I actually consider to be pretty well balanced). Will revert to the one that was used in pre 9 version to make things stable. Economy in Ironclads actually allows trade to be done without the disruption/shortage events (which, in fact, occur on much more hardcore settings compared to vanilla).

Germany is actually a support ship. More so - it is a carrier. It is to be used to provide fire support in all directions to the other ships and respawning the fighter wings.

RSF in the next update will be rebalanced.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 03:03:47 AM by Okim »
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 281